www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 14-01-20, 04:15   #15511
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I totally agree. Aside from the fact that there’s an island, the 2018 film’s plot is almost nothing like the 2013 game.

The character’s motivations are different. Not a single person (including Mathias) ends up on the island the same way as their game counterparts. It’s totally different. Even Lara’s motivation in the game comes from her own will to explore rather than the films “I needs to find mah dad” thing.
Yeah, and I liked the slight twist that he wasn't dead yet. Like I was so tired of him being dead during her childhood. She at least already had some closure and time with him. Maybe she won't be so daddy obsessed in this movie.

As much as I don't like game reboot Lara I do enjoy movie reboot Lara, especially in her scenes where she gets cocky and is fully of attitude. She is a self made person like classic Lara and to me she feels like a younger Jolie's Croft. Even though I know the two universes are different, I like that she is recognizable as Lara Croft.

I'm most excited to see what they will do with Lara.
Old 14-01-20, 10:01   #15512
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

A Dagger of Xian twist with Rise could actually be quite interesting! Mix the Tibet Monistary from TR2 with Russian Siberia from Rise and add in the Great Wall at the beginning... even COL had the Great Wall and this was filmed in Wales!

However, you couldn't do it without Venice...!!
Old 14-01-20, 10:50   #15513
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

He is the Location Manager:

https://www.instagram.com/jamesplayer/

A pity that his account is private. We could know where he travels ...
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 12:11   #15514
SoraSakai

Autopsy of Jane Doe? Yikes :S
That movie was such a piece of poop.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 12:53   #15515
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Autopsy of Jane Doe? Yikes :S
That movie was such a piece of poop.
Actually it's one of the most enjoyable horror/thriller in recent years. At least the first half of the movie is cool.
Old 14-01-20, 17:19   #15516
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Either way I don't think location management will have a significant part to play in how good the quality of a film is on its own merits.

I hope this film has a lot of scope when it's being filmed, if they are using these amazing Finland locations I want to see the mountains and skies and scenery, the first film didn't have enough grand wide shots that allowed us to appreciate the setting.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 14-01-20 at 17:21.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 23:09   #15517
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Either way I don't think location management will have a significant part to play in how good the quality of a film is on its own merits.

I hope this film has a lot of scope when it's being filmed, if they are using these amazing Finland locations I want to see the mountains and skies and scenery, the first film didn't have enough grand wide shots that allowed us to appreciate the setting.
I wonder if they are going to mix actions scenes around. I still think that they should still somehow include the radio tower scene .
Old 14-01-20, 23:27   #15518
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

They can always merge Rise and Shadow into one movie (specially the Trinity stuff) so I'm intrigued to see if they do that or they'll reserve Shadow for a potential 3rd movie.

What I'm mostly interested in, through, is the way Lara will be portrayed because there's a very high chance that what we see on screen is what we'll get in the next game if the movie finds an audience. That's usually how it works.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 23:37   #15519
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I hope we actually see the emotional, raw and vulnerable side to Lara in this film that people aren't a fan of in the games, Alicia sold that first kill scene, she is an oscar winning actress we NEED to see some amazing scenes with her and Kristin.

I'd like them to explore the twisted mother/daughter dynamic that was in the games because that betrayal cuts a lot deeper than Ana just being an evil woman who infiltrated the Croft business empire and runs Trinity.

If they keep the storyline with a desperate Ana and her cancer it potentially could create a layered villain with a great motive and an emotionally complex backstory.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 14-01-20 at 23:39.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 00:05   #15520
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
They can always merge Rise and Shadow into one movie (specially the Trinity stuff) so I'm intrigued to see if they do that or they'll reserve Shadow for a potential 3rd movie.

What I'm mostly interested in, through, is the way Lara will be portrayed because there's a very high chance that what we see on screen is what we'll get in the next game if the movie finds an audience. That's usually how it works.
Maybe the timing wasn't right since a lot of the game had been made by the release of the film, but I expected more of the British flair that Alicia brought to the role in Shadow. I thought EM greatly elevated her, but Alicia really nailed the part.