www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 04-01-20, 17:58   #24411
DragonSlayer
Professor

Heads up for anyone like myself that doesn't have a 1 or 2 terabyte PS4 the install size for FF7 remake is 100GB, a friend of mine who works for GameStop showed me some of the promotional stuff they got for the game.

I have a 500GB PS4 and have never felt the need to upgrade to a 1 or 2 terabyte PS4 as I've always had more than enough space for my games plus I delete most of them once I'm finished with them so space for games had never been an issue, space has only been an issue with the occasional update but that's only happened twice.

Some of you may already know this but just in case no-one knew I decided to post it here.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 18:23   #24412
xcrushterx
Relic Hunter

Jfc, 100GB? I thought the remake was episodic and the first part was only up to the end of Midgar?
Old 04-01-20, 18:50   #24413
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushterx View Post
Jfc, 100GB? I thought the remake was episodic and the first part was only up to the end of Midgar?
My enthusiasm for the game died a bit when I saw the install size, the same thing happened when I first heard that the game would be episodic.

It'll be a while before I get to play the remake I have to get through my backlog first which includes Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, Get Even, Shenmue 1 and 2, The Sims 4 and Stardew Valley.

Plus with RE3 remake and The Last Of Us Two coming out later this year who knows when I will get to play the remake, I'm currently playing Borderlands 3 and RE7 which take up most of my time, so many games to play and so little time to play them.
Old 05-01-20, 01:25   #24414
rewak
Professor

The episodic thing is what really puts me off considering we're about to get a new generation of consoles. They'll take a while to make the rest given their track record and by then we'll be well into the next generation and they'll no doubt do a complete package with upgrades and tweaks to the whole thing down the line. So why pay full price for something incomplete now?
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 18:52   #24415
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
The episodic thing is what really puts me off considering we're about to get a new generation of consoles. They'll take a while to make the rest given their track record and by then we'll be well into the next generation and they'll no doubt do a complete package with upgrades and tweaks to the whole thing down the line. So why pay full price for something incomplete now?
Episodic games should be left to games like Life is Strange not games like Final Fantasy if each episode is going to be 100GB then I'll pass.

Maybe they should just release a 1000 terabyte PS4 to fit however many episodes they are going to make onto the PS4, if each episode is going to be 100GB even a two terabyte PS4 might not be enough for however many episodes are planned.

Was it ever said at any point how many episodes they plan to make and will each episode be released on disc or is it just the first episode that will be on disc.

I'll try the first episode and after that I might try the rest or I might wait for the whole thing to be released, the PS10 should be out by the time they finish.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 05-01-20 at 18:54.
Old 14-01-20, 17:24   #24416
rewak
Professor

Games delayed to April 10th. Not a huge delay, but it puts it right in-between Persona 5 Royal, RE3, and Cyberpunk.

Last edited by rewak; 14-01-20 at 17:33.
Old 15-01-20, 18:40   #24417
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Games delayed to April 10th. Not a huge delay, but it puts it right in-between Persona 5 Royal, RE3, and Cyberpunk.
That won't be a problem for anyone that takes advantage of GameStop's trade in offer, get a new game for 20 euro by trading in a select game from a list of games that can be traded in, I've done it myself a few times but that depended on the cost of a select game from the list, sometimes the games from the list cost almost as much as the game itself depending on where you look, I mostly look in CEX or Argos.

I only trade in PS4 or Xbox games depending on the price as part of the offer, Switch games both new and second hand are too expensive.
Old 15-01-20, 19:02   #24418
rewak
Professor

I wasn't really thinking from an expense perspective, just about people not bothering because they have enough to play. Persona 5 alone is about 100 hours of gameplay right there.
Old 16-01-20, 07:38   #24419
New Dwight
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
I wouldn't say it is overrated. It is a solid game. Not sure how the remake will fare. Final Fantasy X will always be my favorite.
prepare for 4+ years with it. where ffxvi?
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 02:57   #24420
New Dwight
Professor

ur favorite FF got a new trailer
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote