www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 23-01-20, 02:29   #2711
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Hmm I am having one problem. I thought it would iron itself out with the new version. I'm having some random distortion of textures. Weeks ago the texture wouldn't appear but that hasn't happened. It like straightened itself out. Now it's just the distortion. In the editor it looks fine. Could there be a reason for this?
I have this issue too. There's usually one texture that gets distorted per conversion. If I reconvert the level, it goes away and I may find another distorted one in a different room. Its not really a big deal to me because its one texture.

The other problem I have with distorted textures is using the texture ceiling and floor options. So in NGLE, it would apply the texture smoothly over the triangles so its seamless, but in Tomb Editor, it jumbles it up. So if you use random smooth floor up/down on the ceiling, and then texture all on it, its all over the place and you have to manually adjust each triangle, which could take awhile. Maybe there is a way for this not to happen but I think I missed it.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know the texinfo limit?

Last edited by LaraCablara; 23-01-20 at 02:57.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 03:54   #2712
Lwmte
Archaeologist

@Stryke: can you send me test prj where I can reproduce this issue? Or at least show a screenshot of the bug so I can have idea what could have gone wrong. I haven't heard about texture bugs for more than a year (thank god), so this is really surprising...

@LaraCablara: umm, do you have "fix texture coordinates" turned on?
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:32   #2713
Stryke
Hobbyist

Something like this. It's like combining several different textures from different files too and distorting them as well in the same square. I can send you my project too. I'm not sure exactly what you would need.
Stryke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:39   #2714
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Yeah, this indeed looks very strange. I see padding right in the center of the texture area... Something got totally wrong.

Can you isolate the room where it happens (leave a single room in your project and place Lara into it) and see if issue still exists? If yes, send me this test prj2+texture file(s)+wad in PM. If not, send me full prj2 with textures and wad as well. I will try to understand what's happening.

@LaraCablara: speaking of texinfo limit, it's 32767 for the whole level. Although in Stryke's case I don't think this is the case, if there was texinfo overflow, TE should have spit out a ton of warnings, and visually it should look like normal texture but wrong one. So this is super strange.

Last edited by Lwmte; 23-01-20 at 14:43.
Old 24-01-20, 01:06   #2715
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post

Something like this. It's like combining several different textures from different files too and distorting them as well in the same square. I can send you my project too. I'm not sure exactly what you would need.
This is also what happens with some of my textures, and usually never the same, ones each time I convert. I can send a PM with a screenshot also if you'd like since I cant post stuff from the BtB levels.

Good to know about the textinfo limit. Here I was rationing at 8k.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 18:01   #2716
Stryke
Hobbyist

@Lwmte I did what you asked. I just had to take time to run through the level. But for some reason that actually I think fixed the problem.

None of my textures are distorted. I isolated the room, ran it, and it fixed itself again. I found another stubborn part that never seemed to give in and the same thing with that as well =)

Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I'm just going to enjoy this moment lol. Thank you again!
Old 26-01-20, 09:32   #2717
JMN
Explorer

Just a small issue. With Draw other objects enabled, you can still select hidden moveables, statics and imported geometry.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 12:08   #2718
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Thanks, fixed it!
Old 28-01-20, 19:20   #2719
JMN
Explorer

Probably not that big of a deal, but imported geometry loads as Unnamed while opening a project:

Also, there's a weird water depth glitch I've come across in two of my projects. Already reported to Monty months ago.

https://streamable.com/nddri

In case anyone else experiences the same issue, splitting the dry room into multiple smaller ones seems to fix it. Don't know if it's engine or Tomb Editor related.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 21:28   #2720
Stryke
Hobbyist

I'm trying to fix some of my broken sounds. I see that I can change them with the wad tool in animation command. For the sounds, is it going by .SFX or .SAM file in my wads? Or is it from the wad itself? If so, how would be able to edit this so I can add a sounds?

When I do it the traditional way of making the two new files match the .txt, that works. But in the animation commands some lines in my .txt and new .SFX and .SAM are not present.

Is it the XML file taking priority? If so, how would I edit this. I tried to copy what I have in. txt to the XML file but it crashed when I ran it.