www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-01-20, 14:06   #35571
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Assassin's Creed 2.

It truly is a remarkable game. Renaissance Italy is a nice place to play around in and the metastory about Those Who Came Before that is slowly being revealed through subtile hints is fascinating. At this point they hadn't ruined it yet... I even like the modern day characters (well, Shaun, mostly...)
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 15:05   #35572
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Assassin's Creed 2.

It truly is a remarkable game. Renaissance Italy is a nice place to play around in and the metastory about Those Who Came Before that is slowly being revealed through subtile hints is fascinating. At this point they hadn't ruined it yet... I even like the modern day characters (well, Shaun, mostly...)
It is a wonderful game. Although I prefer Brotherhood and revelations more. ACII is beginning to feel a little outdated, but it has an amazing storyline and soundtrack.
Old 22-01-20, 16:24   #35573
dg1995
Historian

Shenmue 3 the Battle Rally DLC has been released. It adds 2 mini games to Shenmue 3: An exploration focused one and a fighting focus one where you have to end the course as fast as possible.

I like this that these 2 games will give you some stuff in the main story.

They have also added this feature in the latest patch to skip repetitive dialogues.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 16:40   #35574
croftyboy
Historian

Been fond of Subnautica for the last 10 or so days. This is my first time playing and I'm avoiding spoilers as much as I can when I research what to do next. because I really enjoy the game. It genuenely makes me scared when I try to go to the deeps and the backstory we try to solve is really interesting.
But it's still buggy, it randomly crashes sometimes and everything about the "scanner room" is buggy.
croftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 17:36   #35575
redfox45
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Assassin's Creed 2.

Yeah I remember doing 'Duomo's secret' for the first time, all the beautiful art, the smoothed out climbing animations, Ezio's awesome costume that had so much character, the pain of what had happened still feeling raw. Such a memorable experience, I replay it all the time to this day, definitely their best work imo. They completely captured everything that a romanticized renaissance Italy is.

Last edited by redfox45; 22-01-20 at 17:38.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 20:03   #35576
laravision
Archaeologist

GTA V on PS4. Exploiting cougar AI.

Old 04-02-20, 04:07   #35577
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt again. I’m mostly doing the expansions I never played
Old 06-02-20, 20:46   #35578
Cat Woman
Explorer

Question

Just got Dark Pictures Man of Medan XB1 that was on sale. Anybody played it? Your thoughts?
Old 07-02-20, 04:55   #35579
robm_2007
Legend

Still going through Jedi Fallen Order. I like the purposeful, story-related backtracking, as it then opens up another section of the planets, which is quite linear, but still rather massive. Just don't get stuck, because there's not fast travel, and you have to backtrack your backtracking to figure out the way to actually exit to the ship. What I don't like is how you can get 4 new moves (over time), which open up new sections of early planets. It makes going back to planets you already spent too much time on seem menial and not worth it, especially since 99% of the collectibles are stupid crap for the lightsaber. I really never notice the most of the customization when using it (it doesn't change stats). It's collecting berries all over again! I like the emphasis on story, platforming, and exploration. It's really against type for SW games I'm familiar with (in a good way).

Started Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It's intriguing, but the combat is just so terrible (don't get me started on the few minutes I spent on a horse, that was grueling). And the control scheme (which you can't change) is rather annoying with sprint being B (why not a trigger button or pressing the left stick)?! You can't even use the left trigger apart from kicking (only if unarmed). What a waste! And lockpicking? Why so damn impossible?!

That and what's with some bushes that you can't go through (one of them, I somehow walked ON TOP OF), and the invisible walls on sloped hills can cause you to somehow fling into the air and fall at the bottom of the hill (cue broken feet and bleeding to death).
Old 07-02-20, 08:37   #35580
SnatchingEdges
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
, especially since 99% of the collectibles are stupid crap for the lightsaber
We TR fans collect crap for sport!