www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 12-12-17, 18:56   #26931
robm_2007
Legend

He does look worse, but I think it's the lighting.
Old 12-12-17, 19:00   #26932
rewak
Professor

I still think he looks like Chris. It could have been worse, this was the original RE7 Chris model

rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 19:15   #26933
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I agree on the equipment part, especially given you find it on people who've gone in before Chris. I didn't have much of a problem with the white molded, i found plenty of ammo to deal with them, maybe i just got lucky? Those stupid face hugger things were annoying, and Chris' knife is the most useless weapon in the history of RE.

By the way for everyone whinging about Chris they have also updated the games ending to change his look - https://imgur.com/a/ZZLb3
I just really don't like the difference between him and Vendetta-RE6 Chris. And I'm not only speaking about his face (cuz the new body's fine to me). I hate how emotionless his face is during the endings. They said he has a lot more facial articulations than RE6 Chris but yet Chris in RE6 was way more human and expressive than that thing. RE6 Chris did have some exagerated body proportions but his face was okay. It just needed to be remade the same way Nathan Drake was remade from UC3 to 4. I don't understand why they keep saying "we couldn't use that face model from RE6 cuz it would look weird in the game". You can't put Legend Lara's face into Rise of the Tomb Raider and expect it to look realistic withought re-working on it.

Though, I'm happy I don't see that Chris as my Chris. Haven't been a fan of it. What worries me is that they might continue to use that model in the possible future games. And that would mean the end of the version of Chris that I love just because Capcom hadn't had the talent and passion to make a realistic version of one of their characters.

They'll probably do that with all the other characters too. And if that's the best person they found for Chris... I wonder what they'll find for the others...
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 19:57   #26934
BeautifulMan
Archaeologist

capcom should hire him, watched Kingsglaive FF XV and he was a face model for the main character, he reminds me Chris a lot
Old 12-12-17, 20:00   #26935
robm_2007
Legend

That original model is t.r.a.s.h.

He has the weirdest hairline which is not flattering his forehead, his eyes looked too droopy and his eyebrows are virtually imaginary.
Old 12-12-17, 20:34   #26936
Dia2blo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
That original model is t.r.a.s.h.

He has the weirdest hairline which is not flattering his forehead, his eyes looked too droopy and his eyebrows are virtually imaginary.
Both models are pretty awful to be fair and I agree with others saying the change is unnecessary. When I originally saw him I thought there was some classic Chris in there, but after finishing the DLC he's visually unrecognisable. Perhaps they'll wash over this when he next makes an appearance.

In spite of that I did enjoy NAH and the VA was surprisingly close to Roger. I would have thought he'd calmed/ slowed down a bit following all of his rage in 6 though, I thought that was the whole point of his 'character progression' in that game?

I did like the snark though.
Old 13-12-17, 09:48   #26937
DragonSlayer
Professor

Question how do I access the dlc I don't see it under extra content on the main menu, I'm guessing I have to progress to a certain point in the main game before I can play it just like I had to do with the PS4 version of Bioshock Infinite, I don't really want to restart my normal playthrough that I started a couple of weeks ago but if that's what I have to do I'll do it. End of Zoe and not a hero are both installed I just can't figure out how to access them Google is of no help.

It's working now I had to download a patch to get the dlc to work.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 13-12-17 at 11:28.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-17, 13:07   #26938
domino92
Tomb Raider

Anyone else completely underwhelmed by Not a Hero?
Old 13-12-17, 21:04   #26939
rewak
Professor

It was pretty short, and felt a little rushed, but it was still fun whilst it lasted.

You know I gotta hand it to Capcom, it's nice to see a company still do DLC right. All of it added new gameplay, not just something cosmetic or so minimal it didn't matter. Yeah some of the Banned Footage was a little meh and Ethan Must Die and Jack's Birthday probably would have been unlockable modes in the good old days, but hats of to them for actually making solely single player story based content.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-17, 01:30   #26940
domino92
Tomb Raider

Watching my friend's steam of End of Zoe, and while it's only 10 minutes in it seems to be wildly different in terms of gameplay and offer significant new depth to the story.