www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 03-12-19, 20:55   #31331
Samz
Relic Hunter

Oh yes.

I've said before but most of my problem with Resident evil 2 remake is the Scenerio A/B system, since Resident evil 3 was always just one Scenerio, I think this remake is going to be sweet.

Better give us the M4 on Hard this time around though instead of Easy/Infinite ammo unlock only though. (Yeah I know technically Carlos had it but I want Jill to get it aswell.)

Also They better add Resident evil 2/7 stuff to Merc mode since it's the same engine even if that's probably not going to happen, imagine being able to actually play as Claire in merc mode with Resident evil 2 weapons.

Oh yeah and Dodge better be it's own (REDACTED) button this time around..... instead of ways classic Resident evil 3/Revelations 3d did it.

So I get Halo on PC AND Resident evil 3 remake news on the same day, today is a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Meh.. they've sucked any originality out of the character.
It all looks so generic like TR Reboot - She's in a vest..
In fact - if you swapped her head for Reboot Lara - she'd match perfectly.. thats the vibe I'm getting.. and its not great TBH
(As much as I'm mega excited RE3 is confirmed and all)
I think you can actually see a blue top under it though, so I think maybe it'll be part of the side-pack. (or maybe Jill can find armor later on to reduce damage?)

Last edited by Samz; 03-12-19 at 21:13.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 21:19   #31332
noonbob
Professor

@dcw123 I understand what you mean. I was not surprised as I did not expect a Remake but a Reimaining like they did with 2.

Thoughts.

- Something feels off with Nemesis, He looks ugly but not in a scary way, His teeth/mouth look dumb. Don't care for his reimagined model.

- Jill is pretty, though she looks younger than Remake Claire. Hair reminding me of Alice from the movies. Would have loved if they used Julia Voth for her face.
FearEffect did a render of Jill earlier this year and she looks very similar to this remake model. He also did this which I love

- The new resistance characters being two more stereotypes...Boring.

- Someone else said what I thought about Carlos, him looking like FearEffect's Chris with long curly hair

Anyway this is based on the renders and Jill screen. Let us see what else comes.

I hope they don't make the game half Jill, half Carlos. They better leave his ass as a side character.
Him being with her on the cover just had me thinking if they promoted him to have a bigger role.

Last edited by noonbob; 03-12-19 at 21:22.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 21:59   #31333
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
I just noticed the nose on Nemesis' face...

I actually really like it? Yeah the teeth are a bit too long and look funny, but I like the added stretched and distorted facial features. I'm here for the body horror.

Also Carlos' hair is a bit wild, but he looks hot so I'm okay with it.

Also Jill's face in that screengrab I posted looks slightly like Julia Voth still, so I'm really pleased with this so far. I don't think my heart can handle a full trailer.
Which nose job is the worst. Nemesis’s or RER2 Claire’s one XD
Old 04-12-19, 00:06   #31334
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I really like how Nemesis' neck veins are now contained inside that tube. It looks pretty cool to me. I'm 100% sure it's gonna blow up or get damaged somehow and he'll take it off.
Old 04-12-19, 00:47   #31335
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Like, yeah I get skirt and a boobtube in October might be a bit cold and unrealistic - but to drastically change her design this much is odd..
And everyone thought Claire's redesign was a big departure.
Really hope they have the classic outfit as an unlock.

I still think Claire's was more drastic than Jill's is:

1. Her blue tube top is now a tank top but still has the "button up" element to it. Instead of it being on the back, it's now at the front.
2. Her white shirt is now a second white tank top.
3. She still has a holster/belt set, though it is more cop and less military looking.
4. Jill's hair is 90% similar to how it looked in the CG renders and original artwork for Jill in RE3. It's definitely not as neatly placed as it was though.

If she has black jeans and brown knee high boots, then her design is a nice "realistic" take on her original design from RE3. I'm pretty sure it will be an unlockable outfit for the game though, same for Carlos.

I will say that what makes Jill's outfit seem generic, is the fact that it's a very similar design to jacketless Claire. Claire's design calls back very little to how her OG look was. No turtle neck, no holster, no tall motorcycle boots, no shorts and a different hair style.
Old 04-12-19, 01:08   #31336
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Paint jills hair red and she almost looks like the woman from Dino crisis

https://twitter.com/jawmuncher/statu...17404349505536
Old 04-12-19, 03:27   #31337
trfan16
Archaeologist

Little late to the party, but I'm so glad that R3make is official now! I thought I would never see a remake for this game in my lifetime. Although this was before the release of RE2make. I love Jill's new look and have zero complaints about it. I don't really mind if she loses the tube top and skirt, but it should be an unlockable outfit at least. Carlos looks pretty good too and it will probably take me some time to get use to it lol. I like how he featured on the cover art with Jill. It makes me wonder if he will play a bigger role in this game, possibly with a fully playable scenario? Will need to see more screenshots of Nemesis before judging.
trfan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 03:36   #31338
b.gluch
Relic Hunter

Getting way ahead of myself, but do you guys think RE:CVX will be remade after RE3?
Old 04-12-19, 04:20   #31339
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
Getting way ahead of myself, but do you guys think RE:CVX will be remade after RE3?
It has to happen. Love the game
Old 04-12-19, 04:29   #31340
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
It would be a dream come true to finally have all the games in HD so I would love if this happened next. However I would like it if the remasters stopped there. The only other games they could re-work is outbreak revival. No more remasters or remakes , it's time for new main installments once we are done with RE CVX Remake.

Edit: I really like the redesigns, it helps to refresh everything. Nemesis re design specially is magnificent, it is much more terrifying than the original. I like the added caution tapes , Nemesis really seems so much more frightnening I can't wait for Game Awards to see him in action. I think we might get more than just a reveal we are probably getting a trailer with a release date and a live stage demo.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 04-12-19 at 04:52.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote