www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-12-19, 15:43   #31431
matrix54
Tomb Raider

The dodge mechanic from Revelations 2 is back.
Old 10-12-19, 16:03   #31432
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
The dodge mechanic from Revelations 2 is back.
Yeah, saw that in the special developer video they uploaded.
Old 10-12-19, 16:03   #31433
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Not sure what to think on the RE3 trailer.. I mean, it looks amazing and I can already spot some key plot points in there.

But I'm not a big fan of having Nemesis chasing her right from the start at her apartment.
Unless I'm mistaken.
Lets hope I'm wrong but having the reveal and Brad die like in the original (even if they altered the location and timing of it for shock)
lad the original outfits are there but the fact its pre order bonus.. grr!

Voices sound good - Jill sounds a little too high pitched for my liking but I guess that makes her sound more like her RE1 counterpart.

Also really hoping Carlos stays as a side character and doesn't get his own campaign.. Keep it for DLC or side mission or something.
I want Jill to remain the focus here.. without having her have to share screentime with a sidecharacter, which is what he is.

Regardless.. seeing the city and the sheer amount of zombies looks intense and I look forward to it - hopefully they've taken any criticism from RE2 and gone with that. Mainly making areas more faithful to the original.
I also spotted the Liquor Store from original RE2 in there which was cool ^^)

Now that I look at it, her redesign looks a lot like her RE1 outfit in terms of palette - perhaps this was done so she matched her overall character design(RE1, RE5 etc all had blue as her theme)
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 16:08   #31434
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Her story technically started on September 27th in RE3, when she's escaping her apartment building. RE2 starts on September 29th.
Nope.. She quite clearly states after JUST escaping her apartment building (the one which blows up, it has mail boxes on the wall etc)

"September 28th.. Daylight.. The monsters have overtaken the city.. Somehow, I'm still alive"

My only guess would be they altered this so we could see more of how the city got overrun in the first place, instead of being thrown headfirst into it like re3 original?

EDIT: OMG Sorry I double posted *facepalm*
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 16:21   #31435
Daft Raider
Inactive

Not sure how I feel about that trailer... I was hoping we'd get Raccoon City in the daytime like the original, but RC still looks so dark and drab, so far the city looks so boring, just like RE2. :\

I'm definitely doing my first playthrough in Jill's classic outfit. That new outfit is literally Claire's outfit with one rip in it to differentiate, how boring...

As worried as I am, I'm still really excited, it just looks so different.

Also LMAO @ Capcom bundling Project Resistance in with RE3, they knew no one was going to buy it on it's own.

I also REALLY hope we get some backstory and references to RE1. If they completely carve those out like they did with the RE2 Remake I'll be so disappointed.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 10-12-19 at 16:24.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 16:28   #31436
robm_2007
Legend

Is her necklace a lockpick? It's literally just a small straight pin...

Her outfit looks boring. At the very least they could have given her pants a pattern or give her a white belt or something. Why 2 shirts? Give her a blue tank top with has a thick white trim at the bottom to imitate the white sweater color scheme around her waist. Yay for gloves, though. And her face, hair, and voice are good.

Nemesis confirmed bisexual? Though his his screaming face looks sooo stupid! Just looks like a zombie thumb with teeth.

I'm surprised it's coming so soon; barely a year after RE2.
Old 10-12-19, 16:57   #31437
ESCachuli
Professor

Well yeah, Jill outfit is literally Reboot Lara/New Claire without jacket. But I like it, she looks badass. I would have loved if she wore the sweater (or something) instead of the double tank top. Nobody wears 2 tank tops (that goes for you, RLara), sports bra for sure, but not 2 tops.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:06   #31438
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
She really reminded me of Lara face wise
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
But wow Jill really looks like Lara Croft.
She really does. I love the way she looks. Someone needs to photoshop one of the images of her and add a braid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
For a moment I was terrified and thought the game would be in first person. That release date is much sooner than I expected, though! I'm excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I hope they include a 1st person view mode.

I loved the trailer. Everything looks great.
I do think they should add 1st person mode to the game as well. It would be fun to try on a replay. Since RE3 and RE2 are made with the RE7 Engine it should be easy to add 1st person.

I'm happy with the trailer and the release date! =D It's also nice they're adding the classic outfits as a pre-order for you to use, even on your first playthrough. No outfit restrictions.
Old 10-12-19, 17:11   #31439
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post

She looks so much like Alice/Milla Jovovich in this pic. It's like Lara and Alice had a t virus love child, she looks like one or the other depending on the angle.
This is EXACTLY what I said. They definitely got Alice inspiration which is okay as physically, she already reminded me of Jill. Even more so than the woman that played her in the movie.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:28   #31440
Gian Carlo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Nope.. She quite clearly states after JUST escaping her apartment building (the one which blows up, it has mail boxes on the wall etc)

"September 28th.. Daylight.. The monsters have overtaken the city.. Somehow, I'm still alive"

My only guess would be they altered this so we could see more of how the city got overrun in the first place, instead of being thrown headfirst into it like re3 original?

EDIT: OMG Sorry I double posted *facepalm*
That's the point. In the original when she escapes her apartment it's the 27th at night, then it cuts off to the warehouse on the 28th.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote