Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 24-01-20, 17:19   #23831
Lara's home
Relic Hunter

Have you reported her to your boss?
Old 24-01-20, 18:10   #23832
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Grandma isn't getting better, they have done tons of tests and still don't know what kind of infection she has in her chest. They thought it was Sars related to the outbreak, but that came back negative. This is getting ridicules, my mom, brother, and I have the same kind of chest infection. Hers is more serious since she has Asthma, but I really hope they find out what it is because right now she can't breath on her own because of it and it's really worrying.
Old 24-01-20, 19:26   #23833
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Is there some sort of ĎDepartment of Laborí in your country? This is a serious issue, if by bullying you mean physical violence. Iím pretty sure that you could do something about it ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Youíve been keeping us updated frequently, and thereís still no resolution. Did you try to change the hospital? Is it a private one? Heck, maybe the problemís only the doctor? I hope she gets better right away. Stay strong!
Old 24-01-20, 19:45   #23834
King Ultra
Explorer

Default Feelin good

Me and some friends planned a green day (Smoke session) tomorrow. So that should be fun. Im also planning to move to LA so im hyped af for that.
Old 24-01-20, 19:58   #23835
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Being bullied at work..
This person is my peer ( as in my equal) not like a supervisor or anything.
She started at me right on the counter infront of all the customers which was mega embarrassing.
Somehow I got pulled up for it by the owners of the business.

This person has been there a long time and acts like a manager.. bossing people around and being really condescending and nasty overall.
Managers won't do anything.. they seem scared of this person for some reason which is pathetic IMO.

Dunno how to solve the situation apart from just to ignore it (which is what I did for like 7 months now) but I'm getting close to snapping..
Anyone else had this?
Need a new job pronto
Contact the HR department of your job and let them know what’s going on.
If nothing is done after contacting them with evidence and showing them that this person is bullying you and others, then you go above the HR department and find out who is above them.

I’ve seen plenty of people who contact HR and it’s dealt with there.
If it isn’t dealt with there, they’ve gone above HR and went to corporate.. and then corporate did something about it.

It’s sad that businesses put up with such crap employees.
Hope everything turns out for the best!

Edit: another option if things go really belly up for you (like they fire you for contacting HR or something equally stupid and wrong) is go to the news. Lots of reporters are usually really in need of stories and topics to report on be it in the paper or on television, at least that how it is in America.

I won’t get into specifics bc I’m not allowed to but my job had a BAD THING happen with two employees.. our HR department sat on their hands.. until the news was brought in and really hurt the reputation here.. THEN we fired the person who was the problem .. so hey, we know that works hahaha

Last edited by Quebsenuef; 24-01-20 at 20:03.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 20:09   #23836
tlr online
Administrator

Quote:
Being bullied at work..
This person is my peer ( as in my equal) not like a supervisor or anything.
She started at me right on the counter infront of all the customers which was mega embarrassing.
Somehow I got pulled up for it by the owners of the business.

This person has been there a long time and acts like a manager.. bossing people around and being really condescending and nasty overall.
Managers won't do anything.. they seem scared of this person for some reason which is pathetic IMO.

Dunno how to solve the situation apart from just to ignore it (which is what I did for like 7 months now) but I'm getting close to snapping..
Anyone else had this?
Need a new job pronto
If you decide to pursue this then I would suggest you put your complaint in writing, date it and sign it and send it to HR and ask for acknowledgement of receipt. This alone is usually enough to get things moving and it might prove useful evidence in future.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 20:16   #23837
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
If you decide to pursue this then I would suggest you put your complaint in writing, date it and sign it and send it to HR and ask for acknowledgement of receipt. This alone is usually enough to get things moving and it might prove useful evidence in future.
To add onto this, yes! Keep a paper trail of everything. Easiest way is in email!
Good thinking, Lord Penguin!
Old 24-01-20, 20:47   #23838
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Awwww thanks guys.
Sadly the business I work for is a family run independent business .. so I don't think I have the same rights as I would if I worked for a big corporation.. lots of politics involved.
Think my best bet is to just find somewhere else if things don't improve ..*shrugs*

Tough when ya feel like ya can't trust anyone.. I dare speak to anyone I work with incase they all gossip and word gets back ti the people I don't get on with etc

Last edited by dcw123; 24-01-20 at 20:48.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 10:57   #23839
MiCkiZ88
Legend

Whether or not the corporation is a small family run business or a big corporation, they still follow the same rules. Workplace bullying is a thing that often gets overlooked because it doesn't get reported as much as it actually happens. Are you part of any union? I'm not sure what the laws are there but at least in most EU countries even smaller companies have to be part of some sort of union that gives you the rights to address issues like these, among sick day pay etc.

Right now I'm feeling drowsy af. Just want a good night's sleep without waking up a million times. On other hand I'm excited cause in less than a week I'll be heading to Finland for 5,5 weeks to see family and all kinds of excursions in Lapland
MiCkiZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 11:01   #23840
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Iím on my 6th day of work this week.
Just got here. Looking at maybe 65 hours this week. My paycheck will be nice!
But I miss my bed and my friends haha
So far Iíve walked 68km/42miles at work this week!

Current Mood: Yay, Legs!