www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 13-10-19, 10:34   #15011
Child Of Ocean
Hobbyist

Reboot trilogy’s story line was boring except the first one’s. ROTTR’s plot was ridiculous and soporific. SOTTR’s script-writer’s intention in exploring Lara’s dark side was good, but the execution was bad.
In the first film, Lara’s character development was really good, but villain was just another one-dimensional stereotype. And all those daddy issue, global crisis, evil organization things, those are beyond cliche.
If the plot of the sequel will follow the spot of ROTTR & SOTTR, they really need to add something new and interesting to attract general audience. Story may not be that important for a video game, but it is like the foundation of success for a film.
I hope the sequel will be a global adventure story and will happen at at least two exotic locations. Snow mountain & desert or snow mountain & tropical rainforest both will be good. The contrast of two totally different locations will be interesting to see

Last edited by Child Of Ocean; 13-10-19 at 10:53.
Child Of Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 12:30   #15012
_Seth
Archaeologist

I guess I can live with Rise's garbage mediocre plot being followed if, like the 2018 film, the plot is only loosely used and is improved upon. Hopefully the remnants actually have Siberian accents this time.

I am down for Fassbender as Konstantin, but since he's the brother of Ana, and "Lara" in real life is married to him it could be kinda trippy. XD Maybe Konstantin can just not be related to Ana, avoiding the game's stupid and cringeworthy evil stepmother cliche CD pulled from their favourite book of How-Not-To-Write-Storylines.

Lu Ren to stay, please.
Old 13-10-19, 12:33   #15013
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Of Ocean View Post
I hope the sequel will be a global adventure story and will happen at at least two exotic locations. Snow mountain & desert or snow mountain & tropical rainforest both will be good. The contrast of two totally different locations will be interesting to see
ala Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)?
Old 13-10-19, 12:51   #15014
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Michael Fassbender ... I don't think this happens. Armie Hammer or Tom Hiddelston have more possibilities. Ben usually repeats with his actors.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 12:59   #15015
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Whatever they do, just no more daddy or mommy issues. The first film was great until Lara's dad showed up.
I would've preferred they did the airplane crash sequence from TR2013 instead of that crap.

I understand they wanted some big emotional impact in the film but it didn't work imo.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 13:13   #15016
Child Of Ocean
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Michael Fassbender ... I don't think this happens. Armie Hammer or Tom Hiddelston have more possibilities. Ben usually repeats with his actors.
Actually Armie Hammer was originally the male lead of Freakshift, the film that Ben Wheatley and Alicia were in. But I’m like 80% sure that his acting skill is not enough to
allow him to deliver a good villain performance.
I love the idea of choosing Tom Hiddleston as Konstantin. He has a massive fan base on the internet. He can deliver a great, wicked villain performance. And he’s not that big of a star that definitely doesn’t want to get attached to Tomb Raider. He’ll give the sequel’s internet visibility a huge boost if he get on board
Michael Fassbender is focusing more on his racing career now. He hasn’t been active as an actor for quite sometime
Also Michael and Armie are infamous box-office poison

Last edited by Child Of Ocean; 13-10-19 at 13:22.
Child Of Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 13:17   #15017
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Honestly I feel like Shadow is more likely. Especially since there’s footage of Alicia playing it and praising it.

Imagine her seeing the Tsunami part of the game, and thinking “Oh yeah, I gotta make this happen.”

Also the plot of Shadow can blend into TR2018 so seamlessly. Lara ends the first film vowing to track down Trinity. Shadow starts with Lara following Trinity, with Jonah (Lu Ren) tagging along. She’s intercepted by Anna (instead of Dominguez), after retrieving the dagger. Tsunami starts.

I could go on and on and on but honestly it would make the most sense I feel.
The Tsunami scene in a Tomb Raider movie would be very epic and emotional (if executed right) imagine Alicia Vikander's acting as she's witnessing families being torn apart and a child falling to their death
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 13:38   #15018
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

It would be very funny if they put a scene from a tsunami now that they don't have Roar who basically had a movie about a giant wave!

I really want to know where they are going to film! That will give us so many clues!

I really like the dynamics of Amy Jump writing and her husband directing ... I think that makes them feel more comfortable. Ben could have been working on Rebeca but at the same time at home supervising Amy. They will have a dynamic and efficient work dynamics. For the first time in TR he is not a mercenary screenwriter who writes a script and then sends it to the producers and they look for a director ... Ben will have been reading and commenting on Amy all the time.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 13-10-19 at 13:47.
Old 13-10-19, 13:55   #15019
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

In the podcast Ben Wheatley was speaking about Rebecca and said he had about 7 weeks of post production left on it so I'm guessing after that he will move on to Tomb Raider and we will get news thick and fast.
Old 13-10-19, 13:57   #15020
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
In the podcast Ben Wheatley was speaking about Rebecca and said he had about 7 weeks of post production left on it so I'm guessing after that he will move on to Tomb Raider and we will get news thick and fast.
So I definitely think that in January they won't start to film. If Ben needs 7 weeks in Rebecca ... I estimate that at December he will start with TR and he will need a minimum of 3 months of preproduction ... I think TR will be filmed in spring.