www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 13-01-20, 21:38   #15491
Portugalraider
Professor

Things weren't necessarily chopped from the game to the movie: even if the game inspired it and uses the same basic premise, the movie tells a very different story, and many of those elements wouldn't fit the story the movie was trying to tell.

I'd be surprised if they don't go the same route for this sequel, really: inspired by, but not an adaptation of RotTR. Although I think, from the three reboot games, RotTR would perhaps be the easiest to faithfully adapt to a movie, especially now that Richard's story as been dealt with.
Old 13-01-20, 21:43   #15492
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think they'll use a similar tactic to the first film, they'll probably keep the basic winter setting and Ana as the main villain and gut the rest of the story.
Old 13-01-20, 21:49   #15493
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I was about to share the location pics as I saw it posted on Facebook. It will be interesting how they do this movie. I wonder if they will do a third of if they will wrap it up in two movies for the origins. So far it hasn't been too bad, I really like the Lara they have in the movies.
Old 13-01-20, 22:10   #15494
Portugalraider
Professor

Hopefully one of the things they "cut" is the still tying this story to Lara's origin: it's not needed. Even if this is still Lara in her early career, let the sequel just be Lara's next adventure, outside of being her origin.

I mean, even the reboot sequels already work like that, it was basically just how they were marketed that connects them to being an origin story. But by what is actually written in the games, they are more of a Trinity duology than anything else, really.
Old 13-01-20, 22:12   #15495
Rai

Looking at Google images of these locations, are we sure they aren't doing TR2, only with Trinity/Ana instead of Bartolli and his thugs. With Beijing/The Great Wall of China and Finland standing in for Tibet or something? Call me bonkers if you like .
Old 13-01-20, 22:14   #15496
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

TR2 as a film is THE dream. I always said that is THE film to adapt.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-20, 22:15   #15497
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Haha, I was thinking along those lines earlier in the thread Rai.

I wouldn't mind something along those lines but I do think they will probably feature Beijing for Lu Ren's scenes.
Old 13-01-20, 22:17   #15498
SoraSakai

I could see them making it based on TR2. That’d be great
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-20, 22:33   #15499
Portugalraider
Professor

I wouldn't put it out of the equation the movie being about TR2 but with Trinity, but Finland is still more closer to Siberia than to Tibet.

I think, if the Beijing filming location is indeed true, that is perhaps more plausible that the immortal leader is perhaps Chinese instead of Byzantine, and that instead of Syria, the first clue is in China as well. Link it to a Chinese myth of immortality, and voi la: you have RotTR's plot with a Chinese flavor for that big BO slice.
Old 13-01-20, 22:44   #15500
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I wouldn't put it out of the equation the movie being about TR2 but with Trinity, but Finland is still more closer to Siberia than to Tibet.

I think, if the Beijing filming location is indeed true, that is perhaps more plausible that the immortal leader is perhaps Chinese instead of Byzantine, and that instead of Syria, the first clue is in China as well. Link it to a Chinese myth of immortality, and voi la: you have RotTR's plot with a Chinese flavor for that big BO slice.
I love the Byzantine aspect of Rise though, and we've already had a lot of Asia in Tomb Raider movies.

TR1 movie - Cambodia
TR2 movie - Hong Kong
TR reboot movie - Hong Kong & Japan
TR reboot movie 2 - Siberia and Syria

I think they are both very interesting settings for a Tomb Raider movie however they will probably be too afraid to touch on Syria for controversy reasons.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote