www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-01-20, 23:51   #19051
Calvolt
Hobbyist
 
Calvolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
them and several others in The Amazon Brigade


that's a really sweet post but no one on this fandom seems to want to be nice to each other
That still is something we can fix as a community tho, always change yourself and do not act without thinking - out of emotions. If someone does it to you, drop it and do not prolong it, it would help massively.

We are all Tomb Raider fans after all right, we log in here or some other platforms to express ourselves. This basic approach would help massively.
Calvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 00:01   #19052
redfox45
Archaeologist
 
redfox45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Temple of Xian
Posts: 2,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvolt View Post
Why don't we, as the TR community, see each and every era as a different color shape in a rainbow, show love and respect to one another, and learn to co-exist in harmony. TRF is a beautiful place and I got to enjoy my stay here so far even though I am new, it could be so much better tho .

For example, EM just tweeted a *meme* like post related to Deus Ex, no actual meaningful post based on it yet, and within two hours it reached almost 500 likes and comments everywhere. I dunno, it saddened me to see it, not because of the fact that I do not enjoy that game or its story, but I thought to myself, yo if this was Tomb Raider related content these comments would be all about defending one Lara or harassing the other one and all, which would probably happen

It is understandable people may choose one version of the game over the other, but always remember that you yourself wouldn't enjoy it if someone just came to you and started talking to **your version of Lara** in a negative or rude manner that you wouldn't accept, so let's not do it
aww that was so wholesome
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 07:46   #19053
laracroftswest
Professor
 
laracroftswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnydale
Posts: 4,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvolt View Post
Why don't we, as the TR community, see each and every era as a different color shape in a rainbow, show love and respect to one another, and learn to co-exist in harmony. TRF is a beautiful place and I got to enjoy my stay here so far even though I am new, it could be so much better tho .

For example, EM just tweeted a *meme* like post related to Deus Ex, no actual meaningful post based on it yet, and within two hours it reached almost 500 likes and comments everywhere. I dunno, it saddened me to see it, not because of the fact that I do not enjoy that game or its story, but I thought to myself, yo if this was Tomb Raider related content these comments would be all about defending one Lara or harassing the other one and all, which would probably happen

It is understandable people may choose one version of the game over the other, but always remember that you yourself wouldn't enjoy it if someone just came to you and started talking to **your version of Lara** in a negative or rude manner that you wouldn't accept, so let's not do it
I appreciate posts like this and they seem to really go overlooked and fly under the radar sadly. Thank you for this

I also agree with LateRaider that this cannot be 100% blamed on the developers when fans have made conscious decisions to make extremist, hurtful comments towards other fans. I really don't care what era these "fans" come from because at the end of the day, TR will never be more than a vessel for people's entertainment. It's not that serious and it's shameful that people are willing to take it that far to further cause a divide or be intentionally hurtful over a video game. I've been with this franchise for nearly all of my memorable life, and for fun...not to be shamed or feel guilt over enjoying a Lara that doesn't have a holster on her left leg or enjoying a Lara that's too cold towards those around her. It will never be that serious.
__________________
Like a moth to a flame burned by the fire...
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 16:22   #19054
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist
 
SnatchingEdges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Tihocan's tomb
Posts: 2,287
Default

I made this (excuse the edges, for some reason I couldn't snatch them even though I tried).

__________________
Look at the edges I snatched today!
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 16:31   #19055
Zsott
Archaeologist
 
Zsott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: France
Posts: 2,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
I made this (excuse the edges, for some reason I couldn't snatch them even though I tried).

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPI9Ut2X0AAeCGI?format=jpg&name=medium[/IMG
"Too late for abortions now!"
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 18:07   #19056
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ship Pierrson
Posts: 2,831
Default

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines4227.html

"The Elusive Search for Larson Conway," or how someone named Dr. Cheese fooled an entire fandom.

Read my article plz. I'm a female icon
__________________
"Come, let's get off this roof, and... I will buy you a milkshake."
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 19:00   #19057
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist
 
paulojr_mam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,269
Default

Wow, LateRaider, nice jornalistic effort! Hopefully you'll someday accidentally stumble on the truth of the matter.

As a side effect of your article, I discovered analog sticks were thought of even at the time of Tomb Raider 1, as Paul Douglas states in a tweet: "I was more interested in getting some hands on R&D dev with the analogue stick as even then it was becoming clear Sony & Sega would move on from D-Pads". Curious. I also agree with him when he says: "Its by no means a perfect solution. Analogue just doesnt give you that crystal clear binary on/off player's intent signal that digital does".
__________________
#BringClassicLaraCroftBack - a Twitter campaign.

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 25-01-20 at 19:03.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 19:47   #19058
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 33,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines4227.html

"The Elusive Search for Larson Conway," or how someone named Dr. Cheese fooled an entire fandom.

Read my article plz. I'm a female icon
Nice article, LateRaider. It really is intriguing. Hope you...and the fandom gets answers one day.
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 00:42   #19059
laracroftswest
Professor
 
laracroftswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnydale
Posts: 4,484
Default

Great writeup LateRaider really makes you ponder some of the mysteries around this franchise that seem to have been lost to the late 90s/2000s internet.

Speaking of which, this is pretty specific but does anyone remember trying to get TR GBC "cheat codes" to work back in the day? On various sites (just search 'Tomb Raider GBC cheat codes') they display cheats to "crack Lara's bones," "blow up Lara," or the particularly interesting "Lara and Winston the butler at Lara's house." These cheats don't actually do anything, but as a kid trying to use those cheats and not getting them to work was a real pain
__________________
Like a moth to a flame burned by the fire...
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 00:47   #19060
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter
 
Lyle Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,450
Default

This reminds me of Survivor Lara Croft with...Sam. Lara rejecting her fortune.

__________________
Sitting over here starin in your face

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 26-01-20 at 02:14.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.