www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 16-01-20, 11:29   #61
TRfan23
Gold Contributor

Knowing Sony they wouldn't do it if it didn't bring in revenue. I honestly wasn't even expecting PS4 backwards compatibility tbh.

If they got PS3 games working in emulation, they will just do what they do with PS2 games. Make you buy them again from the store, not let you play them from disc.

But with PS Now I doubt they will even do that.
Old 16-01-20, 16:09   #62
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Does it? Are you talking about rpcs3? Last time I checked that one was still unable to run most of the later PS3 games (like TLOU). But I agree with you - even if they could do it, they probably wouldn't want to.
It's still not running some games like TLOU well, but it's making progress. And most of the high profile later PS3 games got ported to PS4 anyway like TLOU so even if it wasn't 100% compatibility it would be better than nothing. If they just did what Xbox did that would at least be something.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 02:10   #63
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I keep seeing this mentioned and yeah it was true at the time but there is a PS3 emulator now that runs pretty well if you have the spec with high compatibility so I'm getting less inclined to believe they can't and more inclined to believe they won't because PSNow exists.
The things is though I don't think PSNow is a valid excuse not to do it. If you're the type of person who has held onto your old consoles and disks for going on decades for some consoles now you're probably not going to be the type of person who subscribes to a service like PSNow. Last month I hooked up my PS2 with my original copy of Resident Evil Code Veronica X because I wasn't paying 11.99 or subscribing to another service for the priviledge. Not to mention how spotty the content is. I hope Sony really see that these are different demographics they need to apply to.

Last edited by jajay119; 19-01-20 at 02:12.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 07:50   #64
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Since they updated it it's been the same. I agree, it was boring when they kept it for the PS4, and I don't wanna see the same updated PS3 logo on the PS5. Wasn't that logo introduced when they made a slim cheaper version of the PS3? That's what that rounded logo reminds me of.

Yeah, you're right, but after they updated the PS3 logo, they've kept that for PS3, PS4 and now PS5 with no change. Incredibly boring.
Yes it was the slim version, the one which was launched in 2009 which the PS3 logo changed to the same font as now
Old 20-01-20, 13:40   #65
TRfan23
Gold Contributor

Here's an apparent leak from someone that has seen footage of a next-gen game in the industry.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-...post-256588560

If true sounds great, but I hope the gameplay is good.
Old Today, 01:41   #66
Samsdad
Relic Hunter

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/3...d-sweaty-palms

I think this is part of the improved haptic feedback that the PS5 controller is rumored to have but I am not sure how it would work into affecting game play.
Old Today, 13:31   #67
DragonSlayer
Professor

Who won't be getting a PS5 when it comes out I won't be getting one not because I don't want one, it's because I can't spare the money right now for a PS5.

I got a PS2 and PS3 at launch I don't know how much the PS2 cost someone else paid for it, the PS3 cost me 700 euro I will not be paying that much for a PlayStation again.

I didn't get a PS4 when it first came out because there were no games of interest for me to justify getting a PS4, my one and only regret about not getting a PS4 at launch is never getting to play PT.

The plus side to not getting a PS5 at launch is that by the time I can afford one whatever bugs with the PS5 itself and any games that have bugs will have hopefully been ironed out by the time I get one.

The few things I want the PS5 to have at launch are the capture gallery (a feature I would have liked to have seen on the PS3), the ability to view trophies offline which should have been a day one feature on the PS4 and a two terabyte harddrive as standard no 500GB harddrives and a much longer battery life for the controller.

Both lights on the PS4 controller have got to go I read somewhere that the reason for the light on the back of the controller was there so that the player could see how much health the character on screen had left I don't buy that excuse one look at the screen is all it takes to see how much health the character on screen has left.

If PSVR needs a light on the controller for whatever reason then create a PSVR specific controller, not everyone is interested in PSVR nor having a second light that drains the battery even faster and please include an option to actually turn off those lights, the option to dim the lights doesn't do anything I've tried it and noticed no difference between before and after I dimmed the light.

I could get up to a week between charges with my PS3 controller, my PS4 controller needs charging every 2 or 3 days.

It's typical of Sony to give people things they didn't ask for and didn't want like the Singstar icon on PS3.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:35   #68
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I will only buy a PS5 if I see backwards compatibility just so I can ditch all of my other consoles and stay with one to play everything. If there is no backwards compatibility however; I can be buried with my PS4 for all I care.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; Today at 13:36.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote