www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-09-19, 18:12   #1
rewak
Professor

Default Terminator Resistance

A movie tie in that isn't a microtransaction filled mobile game!

Last edited by rewak; 19-09-19 at 18:14.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 18:59   #2
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Where the hell did this game come? And it comes out in just over a month what?

Can't lie i'm questioning the quality, also where does this tie into? Looks absolutely nothing to do with the new film

Does every Terminator tie in have to be set post Judgement day?
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 20:06   #3
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Where the hell did this game come? And it comes out in just over a month what?

Can't lie i'm questioning the quality, also where does this tie into? Looks absolutely nothing to do with the new film

Does every Terminator tie in have to be set post Judgement day?
I know the original Bethesda video game wasn't and was a pseudo-open world-ish affair. (Can we seriously get a GOG or steam re-release already?)

I would like a proper video game adaption though, maybe make one that covers the first 3 movies since I don't think they individually have enough for a video game. (The Terminator 3 games had to have most of their levels take place in the future.)
Old 19-09-19, 21:16   #4
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post

And that is perfectly fine by me. Hell, I have been waiting for a more detailed and streamlined Open World shooter based on the Post Judgement Day future world and it seems like I will be getting what I wanted.

The only tie-ins I want from the movies is meeting all the important future world human characters like Kyle Reese and John Connor. Other than that, I am content with this being a solely Original rendition of the dystopian future world war between man and machines.

So yes... Count me VERY interested!
Old 20-09-19, 02:43   #5
domino92
Tomb Raider

I'll take a high-end Terminator game, sure.

Although I'm assuming it's more AA than AAA.
Old 20-09-19, 07:43   #6
killchan
Explorer

I would have preferred something like an offline co-op game with Sarah and Kyle from the 1st movie, but ehi this one looks like a bigger F.E.A.R. 2 so I can't really complain.

EDIT: more info
https://www.terminatorvideogame.com/

Quote:
Publ: Reef Entertainment

Dev: Teyon (Rambo: The Video Game)

Genre: First Person Shooter, Single Player

Releases
EU: November 15
NA: December 3 2019
Xbox One, PS4, PC (STEAM)

PEGI 16/ ESRB 17+

USK 16/ AUS 15+

Terminator: Resistance is an officially licensed, first-person shooter set during the ‘Future War’ scenario that was only glimpsed at in the iconic films from James Cameron, ‘THE TERMINATOR’ and ‘T2: JUDGMENT DAY’.

This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, nearly 30 years after Judgement Day, and stars a brand new hero in the Terminator universe, Jacob Rivers, a soldier in the Resistance led by John Connor. Despite the fact that Jacob is just a lowly private, he’ll soon discover that he’s been specifically targeted by the latest threat from Skynet and marked for termination!

Skynet may be destined to lose the war, but at what cost to Jacob? Experience the events leading up to the decisive final battle for the fate of mankind in the war against the machines!

KEY FEATURES:

- Resist the machines! Fight against a selection of iconic enemies from the films, including the T-800, as well as a host of enemies that are brand new to the Terminator universe.

- Equip an arsenal of plasma weaponry to run and gun or sneak and hack through sprawling environments! The world isn’t as forgiving as it used to be so you’ll need to search for scraps to trade and craft.

- Choose the kind of hero you want to be by levelling up your skills while exploring post-Apocalyptic Los Angeles. Complete story missions to rise through the ranks of the Resistance as well as side-quests to help your friends.

- Change the fate of mankind! Protect a motley crew of survivors, each with their own motivations and backstories. The actions you take throughout the game will impact their survival and change the ending you get.

Last edited by killchan; 20-09-19 at 07:50.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 08:17   #7
Mani_Man
Professor

Oh man, i was actually pretty hyped before i read the developer...they sold the Rambo game as some awesome shooter, just for it then being a on rail shooter that was just awful.

But still, this is stuff i love...games you never heard about being revealed out of the blue...surprising you.

The setting looks cool and overall despite me being worried because of the developer...this looks good.
This is where terminator as game and franchise has incredible potential...the post judgement day setting.

Lets see what they pull out of their hats with that one.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 01:22   #8
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I'd be quite interested in a Terminator game if it weren't fully located in the post apocalyptic world, which always looked hellishly grim and unfun in the films.

And not have it be purely a shooter game.

I'd like to time travel back to the past and try to change the present time to "win" the game. You could have multiple endings.........

And if they wrote a new story with new characters not just Sarah and Jon, etc, that'd be great too.
Old 22-09-19, 03:50   #9
paulwork
Archaeologist

Fan of the movie here - WHY does it have to be first person shooter? Why?

Were they too lazy?
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 13:37   #10
rewak
Professor

What's wrong with it being a FPS? From the description above this sounds like Fallout meets Terminator, which is a pretty perfect fit for the franchise.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote