www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: Which reboot game has the best outfit selection?
Tomb Raider 9 6.52%
Rise of the Tomb Raider 74 53.62%
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 18 13.04%
Please use unique game titles next time CD, 'Tomb Raider' was already taken 37 26.81%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-19, 23:58   #21
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist

realistically it'd be the first reboot game as - like others have pointed out - the main outfit actually serves some good visual storytelling and there aren't any straight up bad optional outfits; rise has a few and shadow has too many (shadow also has some of the best outfits in the whole series though so im kinda conflicted on that one lol)

still, i picked the last option
Old 09-12-19, 02:50   #22
Error96
Explorer

I find all of them pretty awful really. There are a few very nice outfits like the tactical adventurer set, Syria, AOD/Antarctica remakes and the Henleys but sadly each reboot game has vastly more bad outfits than good. The LAU games, LCGoL and LCToO did outfit selections far better in my view.

None of the 3 reboot games deserve a vote from me on this category so I choose the deflector.

Last edited by Error96; 09-12-19 at 03:05.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 03:29   #23
cephasjames
Archaeologist

Lara's not a dress-up doll to me so based on default outfit, Shadow.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 09:05   #24
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Lara's not a dress-up doll to me so based on default outfit, Shadow.
This poll, from what I gather, is meant for choosing the game that has the best multiple outfits, be it optional or mandatory by story (like the Henley and Remnant Jacket).

But if I was to choose a single default outfit, yeah. That would be Shadow (and no, not the re-color )
Old 09-12-19, 10:45   #25
Aerie
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
Definitively Rise, specially with the AOD facial animated outfit. That's glorious.
This.

Nothing can top the animated AOD outfit.

But I also loved the commando outfit. Just imagine the real Lara Croft with that outfit... <333
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 10:48   #26
killchan
Explorer

2013 had like 5 outfits totale and I loved them all.

Rise had a ****-ton of outfits but most of them were just duplicates with slight variations, others were uninspired redesignes of outfits from the previous game, and the Greek-themed come on now. I think I've used Dark Desert Tank Top (via cheats), Blue Henley and Russian Bot the most and ignored the rest. The casual outfit was surprisingly boring and all the defaults were downright terrible.

Shadow had a couple of nice DLC vests I really liked but the rest was meh. The defaults are dead to me.

Last edited by killchan; 09-12-19 at 10:49.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 12:26   #27
cephasjames
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
This poll, from what I gather, is meant for choosing the game that has the best multiple outfits, be it optional or mandatory by story (like the Henley and Remnant Jacket).

But if I was to choose a single default outfit, yeah. That would be Shadow (and no, not the re-color )
Yep. I realize that. I have Lara wear the default outfit all the time because I'm not concerned with what she's wearing in-game. Because she's not a dress-up doll to me. Her clothes are unimportant. I'd be fine with one outfit for the entire game.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 13:15   #28
Mikky
Legend

As I remember around the time of the "Rise era", a lot of people here complained about the outfit selection of that game, with the fur and so on, so for it to then get that bad in Shadow, is something I don't think anyone in their wildest nightmares could have imagined. So, for me now looking at these results, it seems like the majority are in a way just "settling" for Rise now. That obviously is probably not the case for everyone, and while I do think Rise has a few very nice outfits here and there, I could never imagine voting for them for "the best" of anything. And the same surely goes for the other 2 games.

So, in conclusion, I simply say to the artists and designers responsible for the outfits of these 3 games: ya basic.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 15:48   #29
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Idk. None of them had gobsmacking, amazing outfit selections, so it’s hard to choose.

That being said, I think Rise might have the best. It has a couple of ugly outfits, but overall, there are some very, very nice yet simple picks. I love Valiant Explorer for one; it’s basically a reimagined (and better) version of the bomber jacket outfit in TR2.

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 09-12-19 at 15:49.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 20:43   #30
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
As I remember around the time of the "Rise era", a lot of people here complained about the outfit selection of that game, with the fur and so on, so for it to then get that bad in Shadow, is something I don't think anyone in their wildest nightmares could have imagined. So, for me now looking at these results, it seems like the majority are in a way just "settling" for Rise now. That obviously is probably not the case for everyone, and while I do think Rise has a few very nice outfits here and there, I could never imagine voting for them for "the best" of anything. And the same surely goes for the other 2 games.

So, in conclusion, I simply say to the artists and designers responsible for the outfits of these 3 games: ya basic.
This post brings us nothing but the truth.