Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 12-12-19, 14:08   #1
Nickelony

Exclamation IMPORTANT: TombIDE NG SCRIPT compiling BROKEN?

I am very aware of the issue that most people can't compile NG scripts with TombIDE.
This is an issue caused by GitHub and the way it handles .txt files.

Long story short: GitHub broke EVERY SINGLE .txt file for NG_Center and most people, who work with the repository, still haven't re-downloaded the fixed versions.

TE128.zip and TE129.zip had them corrupted and that's why most people couldn't compile TRNG scripts.

TE128_HOTFIX.zip and TE129_HOTFIX.zip have the corrupted files fixed, but still, the reputation of TombIDE is ruined and it's not even my fault.

I feel sad, because I worked many months to make it the best scripting environment, and recently hearing, how people said to others, that they should stick with NG_Center for scripting, just... almost made me cry, not gonna lie. :(

If you haven't tried TombIDE, please, give it a shot, I'm working on a very big update, that will make NG scripting a piece of cake, but I lost all motivation to continue, because of the opinion some people made for the software being broken on release.

Here's the link for TE129_HOTFIX.zip: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtA_N11JUkDcguRxRDsGmGg3Oxm7Ig

Thank you!

Last edited by Nickelony; 12-12-19 at 14:19.
Nickelony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 15:05   #2
JMN

I love TombIDE! Please don't abandon it.

Was the corruption caused by git line-endings again?
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 15:57   #3
Nemo20

TombIDE is a great tool. Unfortunately I haven't used it myself yet. Must first get used to it. But I will do that soon. But anyway, what I have seen is good Therefore, I do not think that the reputation is so damaged. Therefore just continue and improve. Thank you for your work on TombIDE.
Nemo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 17:43   #4
Kubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelony View Post
I am very aware of the issue that most people can't compile NG scripts with TombIDE.
This is an issue caused by GitHub and the way it handles .txt files.

Long story short: GitHub broke EVERY SINGLE .txt file for NG_Center and most people, who work with the repository, still haven't re-downloaded the fixed versions.

TE128.zip and TE129.zip had them corrupted and that's why most people couldn't compile TRNG scripts.

TE128_HOTFIX.zip and TE129_HOTFIX.zip have the corrupted files fixed, but still, the reputation of TombIDE is ruined and it's not even my fault.

I feel sad, because I worked many months to make it the best scripting environment, and recently hearing, how people said to others, that they should stick with NG_Center for scripting, just... almost made me cry, not gonna lie.

If you haven't tried TombIDE, please, give it a shot, I'm working on a very big update, that will make NG scripting a piece of cake, but I lost all motivation to continue, because of the opinion some people made for the software being broken on release.

Here's the link for TE129_HOTFIX.zip: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtA_N11JUkDcguRxRDsGmGg3Oxm7Ig

Thank you!
No, please continue with it! TombIDE is a great tool that makes life easier such as: already creating a Tomb4 file with Trng in it and essential files etc. and Tombeditor is the best editor ever. This is what convinced me to start learrning about creating levels. And just because some people are saying that "T0mBiDe iS BaD" doesn't mean that you shouldn't work on it. I would recommend to just ignore them.

I support you
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 17:56   #5
TokyoSU

i support too and possibly later you can update the tombide to have scripting for tr5main
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 18:22   #6
dcw123

I'll be honest I haven't tried it yet because I didn't wanna 'break' my existing project.
I'm scared of new things hehe - I wouldn't know where to start and have used NG scripts for too long.

BUT I wouldn't give up just coz a few small minded people prefer NGCenter.

And if its something that makes scripting easier (its something I struggle with a lot) then thats amazing!
Keep up the great work :3
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 19:32   #7
Letsmakeghost

Keep up the great work. I have never had any issues with it yet.
Letsmakeghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 21:09   #8
Mrshina

I never had any issues. It's a great tool, keep up the good work.
Mrshina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 15:26   #9
Dan-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelony View Post
Thank you!
I've never had any trouble with your software. In fact, I think it's amazing!
Don't let a bunch of closed-minded people ruin this amazing tool you've made!

Last edited by Dan-d; 13-01-20 at 18:27.
Dan-d is online now   Reply With Quote