Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-02-08, 14:46   #11
stranger1992

ermm..i tihnk screenshot showcase unless it has got some sort of reason like "what does this button do" (like i wanted to know what color addition meant" :P
stranger1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:06   #12
xcrushterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecentaur View Post
my quick question: is there any way constructing the shape of the room be fun? i find it a dull process and just eventually take out TR2PRJ and just copy a project file; it saves me from making the rooms. but it ruins the creativity....
You could just use the "random smooth floor up/down" and "random smooth ceiling up/down". It gives quite a nice effect and only takes a few minutes/seconds to construct a cave/cavern with these.
xcrushterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:10   #13
thecentaur

i'm also not good with constructing enormous areas. i find it too tough to specify each and every tile with some sort of floor/ceiling construction..... i prefer [outdoor areas] to be at most 10x10 squares per room, and indoor areas to be at most 6x6. it's weird to explain because i find it hard to do make large areas.....
thecentaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:12   #14
Veronica Ma
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGloomy View Post
I have some very, very basic questions. I don't know that much about the Level Editor so far, so please have mercy...
Don't worry... we don't bite.

Quote:
Most level builders just overwrite the tutorial level, am I right?
No, that's not what I did. I actually followed the TRLE manual and rebuilt the tutorial level from scratch as opposed to "overwriting" it. I think that's the best way to learn the Level Editor.
Veronica Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:14   #15
tomblover

I'm making a Peru level but I'm worried that the BTB08 textures I downloaded will just give off an ARG list too big error, as it has done ever since I began trying to use it.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:17   #16
Spikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecentaur View Post
i'm also not good with constructing enormous areas. i find it too tough to specify each and every tile with some sort of floor/ceiling construction..... i prefer [outdoor areas] to be at most 10x10 squares per room, and indoor areas to be at most 6x6. it's weird to explain because i find it hard to do make large areas.....
I'm the same, I find it incredibly hard for me to make large (specifically outdoor) areas without them looking empty or bland. I think the best thing you can do is to work on it in sections, and then connect them all together, but I guess that can still be pretty hard at times.

Anyway, apart from the automatic 'random floor/ceiling' buttons and the like, there isn't really any other way to create good geometry other than to do it yourself.

Last edited by Spikey; 17-02-08 at 15:18.
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:20   #17
God Horus

Very good thread!

I have a question... How can I made a room round?
God Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:23   #18
Spikey

Because of the way the editor works, it's really impossible to make a round room out of those large blocks. The best way you can do it is to create custom wall objects that have a curved shape, and place them around your room.
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:25   #19
Larson_1988

Hi, i'm having a issue with Strpix, I wanna have that whole pic on the door, not the pic separated in several pieces.

Larson_1988 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 15:26   #20
Inkheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I'm making a Peru level but I'm worried that the BTB08 textures I downloaded will just give off an ARG list too big error, as it has done ever since I began trying to use it.
Has the texture set got a space in the name? This is often one cause. Also, renaming the folders that the textureset and files are in since importing them into the game causes this error, I think. The level editor needs to know where everything is.

@ Larson_1988: either separate the picture into seperate pieces and apply them individually to each face on the object or adjust the object so that it only has one face. Then apply the image.

Last edited by Inkheart; 17-02-08 at 15:28.
Inkheart is offline   Reply With Quote