Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 10-01-14, 22:03   #901
sackboy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
That's a load of crap I thought UC2 was the worst and UC3 the best...So, I don't think that really works out. Plus, same events? What does that even mean..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
The story events are similar, someone wrote about it a while ago and I didn't realise it was the same.

Examples like that there is some sort of flashback at the beginning. Someone betrays their side for the other (flynn, charlie). Drake goes to save someone who is held hostage, Elena helps drake jump on a moving object, then there is some sort of crash which nearly kills drake, he decides to give up but then changes his mind by a character who saves him. Stuff like this.

It's not a bad thing, just things which are similar.
Just what he said not to mention both games are about finding a Lost city
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 23:36   #902
Valentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
So you're post sort of suggests that you like the game because of hype/ timing etc. rather than based on its own merits?
I guess so. But I guess that could be seen as a negative. For instance Tomb Raider got critical acclaim and people were really happy and when they got the game loved it. But I know some people that have then gone on to notice "hmmm maybe I don't like certain aspects of the game anymore". It sounds odd I know, but games now have all these set pieces which we're used to know. Uncharted was the first (I think) to have these excellent set pieces which is why it had a big impact at the time. On top of the great pacing, graphics, story and twists. I wonder if there's anyone who played it recently who can say it's their favorite game of all time.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 18:24   #903
herogreen18

Meh I prefered U1's story if i'm honest, U2&3 had brilliant story's aswell imo, but U1 takes the cake for me However, I have had tons of fun with U2&3's MP haha. Must have have played 2&3 most of all because of the MP lol
herogreen18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 18:50   #904
sackboy123

UC1 had a good story but it got ruined when you die in like 3 shots
Old 11-01-14, 21:06   #905
Zelda master

Finished the second one and quite liked it, not that big of a fan of some of the shootouts which go on for way to long (although 3 tops that complaint) and some of the platforming just felt off. And that's not including the time I litterly gotten stuck between platforms, inside a couple walls and the entire console crash that happend.

Storywise I enjoyed it alot, but still not entirely happy with how it went along. The entire beginning flashback could have been skipped honestly and the narative could have been told chronologically from beginning to end. Yes it did make it a bit of a suprise to see Nathan wounded, but it didn't do jack to either the story or the character. Neither did the other characters really do anything for me SPOILER > Chloe was fun but the constant switching of good/evil was bloody annoying, Harry was an annoying twat who unsuprisingly turns out to be a backstabber and Lazarevic, holy hell talk about cliché! < SPOILER I mean compare him to the likes of Katherine Marlowe who you just want to pop a bullet in the head at the end of the game. Also, anyone else noticed how scarely similar the story of this game and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor?

Now I also have to touch upon another thing, but did Naughty Dog just take all names and locations of this game, and put a whole bunch of other other names/locations on a dartbord and just threw a few darts to make a new story for the third one? Because damn are they similar

Last edited by Zelda master; 11-01-14 at 21:09.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 21:44   #906
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Easy solution: don't get shot . Haha, I'm joking, of course. The gameplay was extremely frustrating at times but the atmosphere and story (which are the best in the series IMO but I'm sure I've said that before) have pulled me through it every time I've played it.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 21:48   #907
sackboy123

I only got to the tower from the MP map Flooded/Molten Ruins I gave up because it got annoying
Old 12-01-14, 08:18   #908
LarasFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
I seriously don't understand how people think UC1 is harder than 3. I really can't beat UC3 on crushing :S It's like waves and waves of enemies, coming from all angles, and really becoming bullet sponges. UC1 was really fun cause all I did in Crushin mode 80% of the time was run and gun xD
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-14, 09:23   #909
sackboy123

I never try Campaign Crushing Co-op Crushing is better
Old 12-01-14, 12:45   #910
xLara_Nathanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
I seriously don't understand how people think UC1 is harder than 3. I really can't beat UC3 on crushing :S It's like waves and waves of enemies, coming from all angles, and really becoming bullet sponges. UC1 was really fun cause all I did in Crushin mode 80% of the time was run and gun xD
Oh my god, this. Graveyard and cruise ship piano room comes to mind. :'(

Uncharted 1 on crushing was the "fun challenging" kind.
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote