www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 10-11-19, 15:43   #11
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Another question I have is this that did this game ever had a greatest hit rerelease ? (Which some games of that era like GTA SA had on PS2 which fixed some bugs of the previous versions)
AOD did have a Greatest Hits release, but I have no clue if it used a different version of the game. One way to check would be to buy a copy and compare. I found an NTSC version on Ebay going for $9 or best offer, so there are copies out there.

I have the NTSC version and I always have one consistent bug: the water monster in Aquatic Research Center always ignores the chum bucket after it is dropped and I just have to outrun him. Every. Single. Time. I always hope that for some reason the game with REglitch and it will actually work, but it never has in all the times I've played the game.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 22:53   #12
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Technically yes, but you should download the fanmade patches available on here as well. There are ones that fix a lot of graphical glitches in the level meshes, tune up the controls a bit, and in some cases restore beta content like Lara's sunglasses. Things which Core probably would have done with a few extra months.
Although the control patch is more of a matter of taste, I'd say, seeing as it doesn't just "fix" or improve upon the original controls but actually changes them. I wouldn't necessarily recommend people install it blindly. You should try out the unmodded controls first so you can compare and decide which you like better.
Old 13-11-19, 08:33   #13
dg1995
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Although the control patch is more of a matter of taste, I'd say, seeing as it doesn't just "fix" or improve upon the original controls but actually changes them. I wouldn't necessarily recommend people install it blindly. You should try out the unmodded controls first so you can compare and decide which you like better.
+1
Yeah, I first played AOD with modded controls but later when I played the unmodded controls it was better imo.

I don't like these that in the modded controls:
1.Lara hits the walls when running into them.(It kinda makes her harder to control in tight areas)
2.Pressing back will make her do a 180 degree turn instead of walking backward.

The only thing I liked about it was this that Lara no longer walks for 1 second before running.(when pressing forward)
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 09:24   #14
UroshUchiha
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
+1
Yeah, I first played AOD with modded controls but later when I played the unmodded controls it was better imo.

I don't like these that in the modded controls:
1.Lara hits the walls when running into them.(It kinda makes her harder to control in tight areas)
2.Pressing back will make her do a 180 degree turn instead of walking backward.

The only thing I liked about it was this that Lara no longer walks for 1 second before running.(when pressing forward)
I'm surprised that the mod wasn't modified to give you options which of the 'fixes' you'd like to include. For example keep the no longer walking for 1 second but disable all the rest.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 18:20   #15
Jason Kilich
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
From what I recall, the unpatched PC version was always the most buggy version of AOD. (I think its a bit like Rockstar games where they used an old version of the game for the PC porting process.)

Ps2 version had some bugs but was still more stable while the patched PC Version is the most stable.
Pretty sure even with the Patched PC Version the PS2 Version of the Game is still the most Stable Version (as long as you don't have Mods of course fixing the bugs)
Jason Kilich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-19, 18:31   #16
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kilich View Post
Pretty sure even with the Patched PC Version the PS2 Version of the Game is still the most Stable Version (as long as you don't have Mods of course fixing the bugs)
There are no mods for fixing bugs though.
Only small visual fixes.
Old 18-11-19, 08:03   #17
suli

I played the PS2 PAL release and honestly it ran smoothly and had no bugs that I could think of except for when the game slows down when you climb the roof in Parisian backstreets and that monster refusing to eat the bucket of meat in that aquatic research level.
suli is online now   Reply With Quote