www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 15-05-22, 16:29   #71
vasatomb
Historian

TEN beta Some gameplay:
https://youtu.be/8-mhXxpg6Gc
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-22, 17:15   #72
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

^^ Very interesting!

The diagonal climbing and shimmying is amazing to see. Also the shadow looks fantastic - more rounded than Lara herself.

Also stacking bridge objects will be very useful. I don't build much so maybe I never noticed but was the two-block 'floordoor' not possible before? Or is it the stacking feature that you were showcasing? Anyways it's great to see it.

I often lost motivation for building when something I wanted from an older TR was not possible so all TR features being possible will be great.
Old 15-05-22, 18:05   #73
vasatomb
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
^^ Very interesting!

The diagonal climbing and shimmying is amazing to see. Also the shadow looks fantastic - more rounded than Lara herself.

Also stacking bridge objects will be very useful. I don't build much so maybe I never noticed but was the two-block 'floordoor' not possible before? Or is it the stacking feature that you were showcasing? Anyways it's great to see it.

I often lost motivation for building when something I wanted from an older TR was not possible so all TR features being possible will be great.
unfortunately, the shadows are very buggy and probably they will not be included in the public beta

"I don't build much so maybe I never noticed but was the two-block 'floordoor' not possible before?" - in TR4 no.

Last edited by vasatomb; 15-05-22 at 19:19.
Old 19-05-22, 10:41   #74
Motormouth
Hobbyist

i'm hoping these test maps might be available on the release of the tools, since it's often quite handy to learn how these things work by looking first-hand how the triggers work and such.
it's the reason it was really good that core provided several tr4 levels as examples with the original editor, some people learn well by being able to look at examples like that
Motormouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 13:14   #75
Stryke
Historian

Are there any differences in lighting at all? Because I kinda don't like TR4 lighting. I love the new shadows too.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 13:30   #76
.snake.
Archaeologist

Cool trailers Vasatomb!

I'm curious: the TR2 sharks - can they also grab Lara in their mouths and insta-kill her like in TR2? I kept hoping this would happen in your video.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 17:02   #77
vasatomb
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Cool trailers Vasatomb!

I'm curious: the TR2 sharks - can they also grab Lara in their mouths and insta-kill her like in TR2? I kept hoping this would happen in your video.
a lot of things have not been completed and priority for tr4 objects at the moment.
from other parts I personally tested and works:
wolf, bear, monkey,lion - tr 1;
a spider small and big, mice,a dude with a pistol with a silencer,a yeti,a monster bird (from the ice palace level), a tiger -tr2
, a platform for jumping (tr2), a rolling spindle.
trapdoor no longer needs a dummy trigger and it is untethered from vertical portals.
all vehicles work except the mine cart
available weapons: pistols,shotgun,uzi (sorry its a translator),revolver,crossbow,underwater rifle,grenade launcher,rocket launcher,mp5.

for a shark, animation will be everything, but probably not in beta.

Last edited by vasatomb; 19-05-22 at 17:10.
Old 19-05-22, 17:46   #78
.snake.
Archaeologist

Thanks for the info vasatomb!

What would interest me as well though is knowing if the small scorpion (TR4), small spider (TR2), and small rat (TR2) all actually work together in the same level? Since in the past we always had to use small scorpion for all enemies like this.

Or another example would be big scorpion (TR4), big spider (TR2), raptor (TR1/3) - do they all work separately? Since in the past the big scorpion slot had to always be overwritten for all these.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 17:56   #79
Kubsy
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Thanks for the info vasatomb!

What would interest me as well though is knowing if the small scorpion (TR4), small spider (TR2), and small rat (TR2) all actually work together in the same level? Since in the past we always had to use small scorpion for all enemies like this.

Or another example would be big scorpion (TR4), big spider (TR2), raptor (TR1/3) - do they all work separately? Since in the past the big scorpion slot had to always be overwritten for all these.
Yes they do since they all have different slots respectively but they may not work (for example the spiders) but scorpions should be fine (Haven't tested this personally)

also Vasa is mostly true but some not: All vehicles work except minecart yes however the UPV still doesn't pass through water portals which means it can stay at only 1 water room which should be fixed soon (but that is not a priority)

The priority right now is to fix TR4 entities and fix the critical bugs reported by me and others on Github then the beta can start rolling with people reporting even more bugs and gradually fixing those aswell as introducing new features and lua stuff.

Last edited by Kubsy; 19-05-22 at 17:59.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 18:40   #80
vasatomb
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubsy View Post
Yes they do since they all have different slots respectively but they may not work (for example the spiders) but scorpions should be fine (Haven't tested this personally)

also Vasa is mostly true but some not: All vehicles work except minecart yes however the UPV still doesn't pass through water portals which means it can stay at only 1 water room which should be fixed soon (but that is not a priority)

The priority right now is to fix TR4 entities and fix the critical bugs reported by me and others on Github then the beta can start rolling with people reporting even more bugs and gradually fixing those aswell as introducing new features and lua stuff.
at least in the build for the beginning of April, the spiders worked fine, both small and large. I even attached sounds to them