www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 13-05-22, 17:31   #6311
killchan
Professor

afaik, Dusk Golem has terrific track record when it comes to leaks.
Old 13-05-22, 19:39   #6312
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Poor guy got his Twitter account locked. They going after him hard. Pretty much confirms everything now.
Old 13-05-22, 19:49   #6313
dg1995
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
afaik, Dusk Golem has terrific track record when it comes to leaks.
Except that time when he and some other leakers were telling us that "Japan studio is making a Silent Hill game and they are gonna reveal it in 2020/2021) which then we saw that Japan Studio was disbanded by Sony.
I remember Dusk also claimed one time that "RE Village was supposed to be RE Revelations 3." which Capcom themselves denied it.

For some reason all these leaks sound too fan fiction to be true.
All of them for some reason love to always tell us that "Konami is outsourcing it's games" in all their leaks since they know internet people like that idea more.
Guess they all have forgotten that Konami was criticized for outsourcing it's later SH games and if there is a new one they obviously will make that game themselves.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-22, 18:46   #6314
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Silent Hill 2 remake rumoured to be in the works
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...ober-team.html

I like SH2 but the Silent Hill game that I'd like to see remade is Silent Hill 3 which is my favourite of all of the first 3 games and the last Silent Hill game to feel like a Silent Hill game, the red light in the Borley Haunted House was scary and the noise that the Pendulum creature made was literally hair raising even more so when playing the game in the middle of the night with the lights off.

I played the demo for SH4 The Room and it didn't interest me.

Silent Hill has seen better days, I wish I had been able to play PT but I didn't have a PS4 at the time as there were no games of interest to me at the time to justify buying a PS4 and by the time I got one when MGS5 Phantom Pain was released PT had been removed from PSN.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-22, 18:50   #6315
Tombcool
Professor

Its Silent Hill 1 that needs the remake, not 2 , 3, or 4. If you ask me.
Old 16-05-22, 20:35   #6316
rewak
Professor

Agreed, but I have to admit I kinda hope this is true just to see how that would even pan out. Doesn't erase the original game so have it in my opinion, let's see how you incorporate broken janky stealth gameplay into this one Bloober Makes total sense too, Capcom having great success with RE2make so of course they would consider remaking SH2. It also makes sense they'd have multiple projects on the go at once given how well that's been working for RE.

I read another rumor that aside from the SH2 remake and the game Dusk leaked there's another episodic game being developed possibly somewhere within Annapurna Interactive. They did setup an internal development studio a few years ago which hasn't shown anything yet and Sam Barlow has worked with them in the past (he wrote and designed Origins and Shattered Memories) so that could be something. The rumor also says the in-game screenshots we've seen are from a demo experience akin to PT which currently goes by the codename Sakura, which would also fit with Dusk saying he's heard of 3 and a half games being developed. It would also explain the delay in announcements, they probably want to announce and release the demo at the same time for maximum hype, if the demo wasn't ready to go then they'd rightly just delay announcing anything and make sure it's all there first. I just hope they don't repeat PTs ridiculously obtuse "puzzle" design.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-22, 00:40   #6317
killchan
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post

I like SH2 but the Silent Hill game that I'd like to see remade is Silent Hill 3 which is my favourite of all of the first 3 games and the last Silent Hill game to feel like a Silent Hill game, the red light in the Borley Haunted House was scary and the noise that the Pendulum creature made was literally hair raising even more so when playing the game in the middle of the night with the lights off.
ehhh I don't know, SH3 feels like SH2.5 . Way too short and superficial.

Quote:
You're missing out on one of the most engaging and trolliest games of all time.

Quote:
Silent Hill has seen better days, I wish I had been able to play PT but I didn't have a PS4 at the time as there were no games of interest to me at the time to justify buying a PS4 and by the time I got one when MGS5 Phantom Pain was released PT had been removed from PSN.
google Unreal PT, the fan 1:1 remake for PC built on Unreal Engine.
Runs on a toaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
It’s Silent Hill 1 that needs the remake, not 2 , 3, or 4. If you ask me.
As a retro guy myself I do believe that, if there's a PS1/2 franchise than needs remakes, that's Silent Hill. Sound effects all over the place, dreadful acting, blah animations, disgusting ports everywhere you look... remakes yes thank you but the gameplay needs to stay the same. Resident Evil 2 can afford to be translated into over the shoulder camera... not Silent Hill 2.

Last edited by killchan; 17-05-22 at 01:07.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-22, 04:04   #6318
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:

I always wanted a Silent Hill 2 remake, but after replaying it recently I'm not so sure if a remake could hold up to the original. I'm afraid they will miss all the subtle horror and details of the original SH2. I'm already not really a fan of how they're trying to turn Pyramid Head into the franchise mascot when he's only supposed to be James' personal demon. Although if there is one thing the remake could fix, it's the enemy variety. I love the monster designs in SH2, but you face the same 2-3 monsters through the majority of the game. I would definitley buy a SH2 remake in a heartbeat though and I hope it proves me wrong.

As for Silent Hill 4, I definitely think it's worth a playthrough if you can get your hands on a copy of it. It's probably the scariest game in the series out of the first four games. Although there are some glaring and annoying flaws with the game that sort of ruins it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
It’s Silent Hill 1 that needs the remake, not 2 , 3, or 4. If you ask me.
Agreed, I would prefer a remake of the original SH1. The original game is solid, but I would love to see it with updated graphics. And voice acting that doesn't have pauses after every line lol.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-22, 09:33   #6319
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
I always wanted a Silent Hill 2 remake, but after replaying it recently I'm not so sure if a remake could hold up to the original. I'm afraid they will miss all the subtle horror and details of the original SH2. I'm already not really a fan of how they're trying to turn Pyramid Head into the franchise mascot when he's only supposed to be James' personal demon. Although if there is one thing the remake could fix, it's the enemy variety. I love the monster designs in SH2, but you face the same 2-3 monsters through the majority of the game. I would definitley buy a SH2 remake in a heartbeat though and I hope it proves me wrong.

As for Silent Hill 4, I definitely think it's worth a playthrough if you can get your hands on a copy of it. It's probably the scariest game in the series out of the first four games. Although there are some glaring and annoying flaws with the game that sort of ruins it for me.

Agreed, I would prefer a remake of the original SH1. The original game is solid, but I would love to see it with updated graphics. And voice acting that doesn't have pauses after every line lol.
For me SH3 is the scariest game running from the red light in the Borley Haunted House and the noise that the Pendulum makes, years ago I came across a video on YouTube of the noise that the Pendulum makes that was 12 hours long.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-22, 14:50   #6320
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

ngl I tried SH3 and it bored me to death, unlike SH1 and 2.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote