www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-12, 00:45   #1031
tombstone
Professor
 
tombstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Other side of the universe.
Posts: 2,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
@Lukass ^ I was thinking of that at the time

Would a skirt be approriate for the weather/environment/situation? Doubt it. So no.
lol i was kidding u know
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:46   #1032
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 35,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
lol i was kidding u know
Yep.
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:48   #1033
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 24,086
Default

I still doubt her clothes will be changing in the game. Even if there will be snowy areas or warm jungles. Karl said she is desperate to survive and it's the only thing she's trying to focus on. I don't see her changing her clothes and thinking "Ooooh, there will be -20 degrees on the mountain I have to put the warm jacket on. I might be dead in the next few minutes but I want to look perfect in the moment of my terrible death"....
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai

Last edited by Lukass; 02-02-12 at 00:49.
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:49   #1034
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
I still doubt her clothes will be changing in the game. Even if there will be snowy areas or warm jungles. Karl said she is desperate to survive and it's the only thing she's trying to focus on. I don't see her changing her clothes and thinking "Ooooh, there will be -20 degrees on the mountain I have to put the warm jacket on. I might be dead in the next few minutes but I want to look perfect in the moment of my terrible death"....
Putting a jacket on in -20 degrees isn't fashion, it's reality.
__________________
it's the hair colour. it's the hair colour... ;3
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:52   #1035
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 24,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Putting a jacket on in -20 degrees isn't fashion, it's reality.
Yeah, she'll be injured as hell, scared and aiming for escaping the island but at least she'll not be freezing.
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:52   #1036
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 35,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
I still doubt her clothes will be changing in the game. Even if there will be snowy areas or warm jungles. Karl said she is desperate to survive and it's the only thing she's trying to focus on. I don't see her changing her clothes and thinking "Ooooh, there will be -20 degrees on the mountain I have to put the warm jacket on. I might be dead in the next few minutes but I want to look perfect in the moment of my terrible death"....
Well exactly. Plus, where would she get the clothes anyhoo. Is there a Primark on the strange mysterious island? Although I read a long while back about a possible jacket she finds? Could be wrong. Her appearance will change as she adds equipment, her clothes get dirty, are ripped, get wet, I believe that's as far as it goes in the main game.

but then...unlockables are fun extras that you can play after you've finished the main game, I guess.
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:53   #1037
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 24,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Well exactly. Plus, where would she get the clothes anyhoo. Is there a Primark on the strange mysterious island? Although I read a long while back about a possible jacket she finds? Could be wrong. Her appearance will change as she adds equipment, her clothes get dirty, are ripped, get wet, I believe that's as far as it goes in the main game.

but then...unlockables are fun extras that you can play after you've finished the main game, I guess.
No, Primark is too posh!
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 00:59   #1038
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
Yeah, she'll be injured as hell, scared and aiming for escaping the island but at least she'll not be freezing.
But putting on a jacket (which may happen to be conveniently at a base camp) is only aiding to her survival and escape.

You can't survive when you're not surviving, and choosing not to wear an available jacket in -20 degrees temperatures is choosing not to survive.
__________________
it's the hair colour. it's the hair colour... ;3
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:02   #1039
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 24,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
But putting on a jacket (which may happen to be conveniently at a base camp) is only aiding to her survival and escape.

You can't survive when you're not surviving, and choosing not to wear an available jacket in -20 degrees temperatures is choosing not to survive.
OK.

But then again, if I remember well, they also said that weather will affect her performance, right? If she had the jacket or shorts I think it would help her instead of affect her. Then it would not be about surviving but about having comfort in a bad situation.
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:04   #1040
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
OK.

But then again, if I remember well, they also said that weather will affect her performance, right? If she had the jacket or shorts I think it would help her instead of affect her. Then it would not be about surviving but about having comfort in a bad situation.
In which case they have thrown out realism or practicality in favor of emotionalism and conveying a message.

Lara can still look and be cold in the environment while wearing a jacket (which just increases her chances of survival and may not be a super warm or super comfy jacket).
__________________
it's the hair colour. it's the hair colour... ;3
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.