Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 16-11-21, 00:14   #19081
Rai

That's what I thought.

Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/obsidiantr/statu...97923427102721

The reply to me gives a link to Geek Vibes Nation, but we know they've been wrong before.

Here's the Article with those details. Obviously, barrel load of salt.

Last edited by Rai; 16-11-21 at 00:19.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-21, 01:06   #19082
Ellioft

I'm almost at the end of the recording and editing for my video all it miss is my opinion I have written about the movie.

It's an additionnal of 2 pages I have to record wich could be long but this week hopefully all the sound is ready to be polished and put in the final video once I have checked everything and received the animation part.

But I can tell the video have the same lenght as the movie itself

The second part will be published I assume the next year

Last edited by Ellioft; 16-11-21 at 12:37.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-21, 16:12   #19083
Tonyrobinson

MGM had their investor conference yesterday and Tomb Raider is still in their listing as in active development this film will get made its just suck in development hell like the first reboot.

In other news I heard someone has filed a lawsuit against GK Films over Bohemian Rhapsody although I doubt that's gonna effect Tomb Raider seeing as that film made huge box office gold.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-21, 16:20   #19084
PinkyPromise

If we in January / February we have no news. I was beginning to worry.

Well I'm already worried haha

It is rare that Misha having the script already written we do not have any information.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 18-11-21 at 16:21.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-21, 17:57   #19085
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
MGM had their investor conference yesterday and Tomb Raider is still in their listing as in active development this film will get made its just suck in development hell like the first reboot.
So TR is still on MGM's agenda, but why is it stuck? What are they waiting for? Funds? Does the script suck? Is Alicia just not free at the moment? It's so frustrating! I know you can't answer, I'm just doing a small rant. Was TR in development hell? I mean once they had Roar on board everything got going quite fast. I suppose I had high expectations that once we knew Misha was on board, things would get moving with TR2 too. I don't think we can blame the pandemic any more.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-21, 18:40   #19086
Portugalraider

I think right now the problem might "just" be money. And even if they go for a smaller budget around 60M to 70M, instead of the 94M from the 2018 movie, that is still a lot of money for one movie. I could see MGM wanting to wait for Bond's final BO and/or the Amazon merge to see how they could finance larger project like Tomb Raider.

Hopefully the money arrives sooner than later and we start getting any concrete news about the project going ahead.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-21, 21:13   #19087
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
If we in January / February we have no news. I was beginning to worry.

Well I'm already worried haha

It is rare that Misha having the script already written we do not have any information.
We do not know if the script is done we know the first draft was made wich isn't the same.
Old 19-11-21, 08:47   #19088
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
We do not know if the script is done we know the first draft was made wich isn't the same.
Misha is writing Black Canary now. In her responses on her twitter it could be understood that she already finished the TR script. She already submitted the draft in May! We are in November! There is no way they can keep making her write new drafts for 6 months lol. She already finished the part of it, now it's MGM's decision.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 08:56   #19089
Tonyrobinson

I think it's probably that the studio have to line up all their ducks in a row before things can happen. MGM and GK Films need financing which is hard to do given the circumstances of covid.

They need to be able to shoot a movie whilst obtaining a permit and maintaining covid protocol in whichever country they shoot, there's a lack of studio space for many productions because of delays.

They also need to plan their release strategy because covid has effected the way some studios are releasing their films if this goes to streaming they'll need to budget accordingly too.

Finally there is a looming deal from Amazon that will give them more resources but also restructure and re-examine their productions. This is happening to a lot of upcoming MGM titles are not just Tomb Raider. Legally Blonde 3 is another of their marquee titles which is facing the same issues.

For now the studio seem to be focusing on their smaller budget films and award season/critically acclaimed movies over blockbusters.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 09:04   #19090
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Misha is writing Black Canary now. In her responses on her twitter it could be understood that she already finished the TR script. She already submitted the draft in May! We are in November! There is no way they can keep making her write new drafts for 6 months lol. She already finished the part of it, now it's MGM's decision.
You know a draft isn't neither a script or a screenplay ?

Well it could be maybe she has been giving some studio's notes, then Alicia's remarks etc