www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 09-02-22, 17:08   #201
Kirishima
Explorer

Same level, just one of the tiles right by the trapdoor to the first secret. Specifically the one between it and the pillar/column. I looked at a couple videos of the ps1 version(I only have Dreamcast and PC) to see if it occurred there, but it doesn't appear to do so but there's only so much one can gather from a video than actual testing.

Last edited by Kirishima; 09-02-22 at 17:10.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 03:21   #202
Woops
Archaeologist

it happens on the edges of shadow bulbs, and indeed I see one around that area, I'll test thank you

--
ahh I see what you mean now, this is just a very badly placed shadow bulb, lol. its edge is at the exact height the game checks on Lara for lighting, so it flickers from shaodw -> no shadow -> shadow -> no shadow. different bug from the white flashes (that one was overflowing numbers..) but very similar indeed. I'll see if anything can be done about it thank you again

Last edited by Woops; 10-02-22 at 03:25.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 04:52   #203
Woops
Archaeologist

(sorry for the double post)

V3.0.0 is here!
full changelog here

A lot of new features and fixes have finally come! including PSX bars, new inventory background (no more stripes on 32 bit!), completely reworked the stars in Ireland, crawl tilting, and even TR4 style loading screens! and many bug major bug fixes, including lack of picture drawing on 32 bit color mode, and restore missing flyby roll!

grab it here!

A bunch of these things are optional, and we also added a few customizations to stuff, such as the inventory background style! these have been added to the new options menu, be sure to check the updated using guide for details on each option

pics and videos:

Restored roll, now the title screen camera movement is identical to PSX

the new stars: (yes, they twinkle )

discord RPC:

Loading screens, with customizable bars:

Happy raiding! as always, any bug reports/feedback is welcome!

Last edited by Woops; 06-04-22 at 04:55.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 05:23   #204
ToMbRaIdErxFtW
Historian

I am genuinely so impressed with this update! Thank you so much Troye!
I absolutely adore the treatment that you are giving to TR4/5. You are doing the work that Square should be doing themselves. Simply incredible!
ToMbRaIdErxFtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 06:48   #205
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

Thumbs up

Troye, I'm very grateful that you've added TR4 bars, and fixed 32 bit mode because these things really do make all the difference, whether it changes the game style or repairs something that's been broken for many years. Thank you very much!

I remember a few months ago that you were investigating why the inventory/pause screen turns yellow, I glad to see it's still an option because I was quite fond of it XD

The new Ireland twinkle stars looks very beautiful, reminds me of the Egypt outdoor areas in Unfinished Business. The new TR4 style loading screens are intriguing, did you choose the camera positions yourself?

Once again, thank you for your hard work on tomb5, and also for tomb4.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 06-04-22 at 06:56.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 19:59   #206
jonathanrij
Archaeologist

Such an amazing update! Those in-game loading screens are truly something I didn't know I needed. They look gorgeous. And the reworked stars in Ireland are absolutely beautiful.

I'm mostly happy to see the inventory background being fixed, just like in your tomb4 project. It bothered me so much!

Once again, I really appreciate all the effort being put into making the classic TR experience as rich and complete as possible. Thank you.
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 04:10   #207
Woops
Archaeologist

Thank you very much everyone <3
Old 07-04-22, 14:11   #208
Raider42
Hobbyist

Hey guys could you help me running this game in modern windows 10 pc. I wanted to replay Chronicles this year but as usual it's a pain trying to make them run. Last year I was able to play 1, 2 and 3 with the help of some patches and things but now I'm facing the same issue.

I have the GOG version of the game. So if I try to run it as it is, it opens like windowed or with a weird border and then after the Core logo it's just a black screen. Then I tried this tomb5 project update but then when I run it it gives me a couple of error of missing dll files. Help!
Raider42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 14:30   #209
Woops
Archaeologist

hi, what missing dll files is it asking for? you should check out this usinng guide, it has a step by step installing tutorial
Old 07-04-22, 14:51   #210
Raider42
Hobbyist

So I followed the guide, just copied and pasted the files and the errors say "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found" and the other with VCRUNTIME140.dll

I also noticed the game without patching does work if I don't mess with the set up. It's when I try change the resolution in the setup that I get the black screen.
Raider42 is offline   Reply With Quote