Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 23-11-19, 01:39   #38891
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
The Good Place S4E9

The final episode and man... This stings so bad, I need more!
I don't think that's the final episode. I think there's a few more to go, it's just taking a short break. I mean it didn't seem wrapped up. The IMDB page lists more episodes.

But Ep.9 was very emotional. Can't wait to see how they stop Judge Gen from cancelling Earth.

Comes back in January: https://screenrant.com/good-place-4-...te-2020-story/

Last edited by Rai; 23-11-19 at 01:46.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 01:52   #38892
robm_2007

RE: The Good Place S4E9

Not bad, but it's such a tease; felt like filler. In general I'm not really feeling this season. It's not nearly as funny, twisty, or interesting as previous sessions and isn't doing much for me as is. S3 was better but was also a noticeable drop from S1 and 2.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 02:03   #38893
Rai

I do agree that the episodes where the team are concentrating on the new humans felt as if they lacked a little oomph, Brent, John and Simone just aren't that interesting, but I think the season is picking up a bit now we're back to concentrating on the original four, Michael and Janet. I mean seeing all those Janets was pretty amazing.
Old 23-11-19, 19:55   #38894
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I don't think that's the final episode. I think there's a few more to go, it's just taking a short break. I mean it didn't seem wrapped up. The IMDB page lists more episodes.

But Ep.9 was very emotional. Can't wait to see how they stop Judge Gen from cancelling Earth.

Comes back in January: https://screenrant.com/good-place-4-...te-2020-story/
There is? I honestly think that the current ending is perfect, but curious for the rest. Whatever they do, I'm satisfied regardless of what they're doing.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-19, 23:17   #38895
Rai

^ Ep9 was an excellent episode and a nice way to stop for a mid way break, but I wouldn't be satisfied if it really is the very last one. It kinda works as a season finalé, if there's more to come, but it still leaves unanswered questions that the season has set up so far, so I'd be forever wondering .

Jumangi, the original with Robin Williams. I watched the first new one so I thought I'd re-watch this one. Honestly, the new one is good, but I still prefer the original. The CGI animals look a bit odd compared to today's standards, but actually still reasonably well done. Although I like that Alan and Sarah went back to their childhood and lived out their lives, it confuses me that this somehow meant that Judy and Peter's parents also live as if somehow Alan's fate is tied to theirs. Still, movie logic I suppose .

Last edited by Rai; 25-11-19 at 16:02.
Old 02-12-19, 15:24   #38896
killchan

Elizabeth Bank's Charlie's Angels.
A sort of origins story of a new trio.

I'd say, much closer to 70s tv show (which I've never been a fan of, I've always thought it was kinda gimmicky, you could have replaced that trio with 1 character and nothing would have changed) in the format of a single episode stretched to 1h and 53min + credits than any of the mindless, trashy and over the top movies from the 2000s with Diaz, Liu and the other one.

But nevermind comparisons, this movie is balls

Not much action, some cheap gunfights, 2 car chases and 1 cqc at the end, choreography doesn't exist, humor relies on the audience agreeing and nodding to what's being said and done, the characters like to sit down and talk A LOT, it's slow, gRoUnDed, stretched, void of style, very chill and the OST , when it doesn't involve some generic orchestra tune, it's some plastic song I don't know.

As I was saying, slow. and long. Every sequence that should just be BAM , NEXT! takes too long and there's so much unnecessary detail to everything: for example, apparently you're supposed to witness every second of the preparation phase of every single simple spy sequence, see the move unfold and then time for the clean up process, because film makers now are too afraid that the audience might not understand what happened, when they could just make it happen.
K.O one security guard? 1 full minute of nothing.

The "sneaky feminist ideas" ... hm. They simply used every social-themed buzzfeed video -- If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry, you're good -- , compressed that within the first 15 minutes of the movie (and some bits here and there, most involving the 3rd angel) and used that to selectively establish a connection with the audience. Female audience, and you can tell that's what's going on by the fact that the burden of reacting to everything supposedly disrespectul is on the audience rather than the character, who barely reacts at all and that's on purpose, for connection's sake. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes way more on the nose (the opening sequence, for example) but the problem is some of these scenarios felt like they came out of nowhere

And of course, the "men reinforcing the stereotype that they don't watch action movies with female casts!!! " ( EDIT she actually said "men don’t go see women do action movies", including her role as directior, but nevermind) controversy Liz started. Well, I have no idea what she's talking about: I mean, action movie? . And no, this didn't need to be a cheesy, cartoony, offensive, ultrasexy, twerk frenzy cameo fest full of explosions and crazy stunts with a soundtrack featuring every single radio hit of the last 10 years either.

What can I say, 2 hours of Don't Bother / 10 from me.

Last edited by killchan; 02-12-19 at 15:38.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 09:33   #38897
Kivlov

I think the last one for me was Alita: Battle Angel. And it was very good!

Never seen the original anime OVA, but I think I'll give it a chance now even though it's quite old.
Kivlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 16:11   #38898
Nemo_91

Parasite

I think this is the best movie I've seen this year. Masterpiece. 10/10.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 16:29   #38899
Matie

Undone

This show needs more attention, I think it's pretty amazing, got me hooked from the beginning.

Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 22:30   #38900
DragonSlayer

Split, what a brilliant movie, now that M Night Shyamalan is back on form after several years of movies let's hope he keeps it up and doesn't up any future movies he makes.

The last time I saw M Night Shyamalan in a movie was Signs which is why I didn't recognize him in Split.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote