Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 18-09-21, 15:23   #18901
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Well she did acknowledge it during the Birds of Prey announcement. She posted a picture of both comics and acknowledged how she and Gail both wrote for the characters.
When I said Misha had been quiet, I meant on the film. That she was chuffed she and Gail Simone have a couple of characters they've both written for, wasn't quite the update I was looking for .

But yeah, its possibly covid is to blame, plus scheduling issues that is behind the slow-mo progress. They cant use covid as an excuse for much longer though, not with other films filming now,unless there are difficulties securing locations to film in. I duuno. Like Portugalraider, I'd like to see them shooting early next year. I'm still in an anxious state of hoping to see any update, even if it's 'storyboarding is being done', or whatever the next stage is.

Last edited by Rai; 18-09-21 at 15:25.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 08:02   #18902
Ellioft

So Alicia can sing
For a first time it's good

Sorry I know it's not the proper section but I didn't find the Alicia's thread.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 08:48   #18903
Tonyrobinson

I think with some training she'd be good. There's potential there but I can hear she needs a little help, to the untrained ear she is probably passable though certainly better than some modern pop stars.

Anyway not to derail the thread. I was hoping we would hear something more definitive during her Blue Bayou promotion but alas we are still in a bit of a Limbo.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 11:08   #18904
Ellioft

Quote:
I think with some training she'd be good. There's potential there but I can hear she needs a little help, to the untrained ear she is probably passable though certainly better than some modern pop stars.

Anyway not to derail the thread. I was hoping we would hear something more definitive during her Blue Bayou promotion but alas we are still in a bit of a Limbo.
Indeed it's not perfect at the beginning she is a little flat I don't think it was supposed to be Broadway like it's only one song for the movie ^^

She's better than Emma Watson
Old 21-09-21, 12:44   #18905
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post

So Alicia can sing
For a first time it's good

Sorry I know it's not the proper section but I didn't find the Alicia's thread.
You can tell she is not a professional singer, but damn those are some good pipes for a beginner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
She's better than Emma Watson
Devil's advocate here: Emma Watson probably sings more than fine. Probably not at a "can carry by herself a entire musical where she is supposed to sing perfectly" level, but most probably in the same quality as Alicia here. Her autotune in Beauty and the Beast isn't an "she can't sing" autotune, it's a "let's try to make her voice professionally trained" one, which sucks because it really isn't changing anything note-wise, but removes not just any possible flaw, but also the things that make her voice sound natural.

Bit of a weird explaination, I know, but there are differences in autotune when it is because someone can't sing, or because someone just hasn't the most trained voice.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 14:17   #18906
Rai

Elioft, here's the Alicia thread if you wish to post the video in there as well. I understand, it can be difficult to find old threads. Quick tip, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see Display Options. Change '45 days' to 'Beginning '.

I think Alicia has a pretty voice but you can tell she's not professionally trained. Isn't it from a scene in the film? I also agree with Portugalraider about Emma Watson's voice. I believe they used autotune too much, it took away from her own pretty voice and ability. It was too obvious. Emma is clearly not a trained singer either, if they wanted that, they should have hired another actress. Besides, I think she was delightful as Belle.

Tony, yeah it's a shame there's no more TR news. But if Alicia only knows Misha is working away on a script, what more is there to say. Any news now will probably come from Misha herself. Hopefully soon™.
Old 21-09-21, 16:49   #18907
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Elioft, here's the Alicia thread if you wish to post the video in there as well. I understand, it can be difficult to find old threads. Quick tip, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see Display Options. Change '45 days' to 'Beginning '.

I think Alicia has a pretty voice but you can tell she's not professionally trained. Isn't it from a scene in the film?
Thanks
Yeah it's from a scene in the movie
Old 22-09-21, 18:29   #18908
Tonyrobinson

Misha is answering questions for the next fifteen minutes on her twitter. No spoilers for future projects but I guess if it's writing process related it might give us some insight.

Edit: She wrote that the treatment for Obsidian was 53 pages, that's crazy. She must have really thought it through a lot.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 22-09-21 at 19:08.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-21, 19:12   #18909
Rai

I noticed she's still calling it Obsidian. Is this a sign the title has been approved? I hope so, it seems quite unique.
Old 22-09-21, 19:17   #18910
VictorXD

Quote:
Misha is answering questions for the next fifteen minutes on her twitter. No spoilers for future projects but I guess if it's writing process related it might give us some insight.

Edit: She wrote that the treatment for Obsidian was 53 pages, that's crazy. She must have really thought it through a lot.
Sooooo, pardon my ignorance but what exactly does that mean?
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote