Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 27-05-20, 22:54   #1
HollabackBoy

Default The Last of Us - Grounded Difficulty

I decided to tackle this challenge (mainly for the trophy), and I never could’ve imagined how relentless this mode is. I’m currently at the hotel scene where you have to evade a bunch of human hunters. To be honest, I’m impressed I’ve come this far without throwing the controller out the window.

I’m curious if anyone here has earned this trophy. My hat goes off to you. I have to say it really is a bit strange playing this game while being in quarantine. It’s almost unsettling.
HollabackBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 21:12   #2
Athukraz

Played Grounded for the first time this March and Grounded Plus a few weeks ago. Definitely easier the second time since you remember the strategies you used the first time + you have the upgrades from the first round
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-20, 02:51   #3
HollabackBoy

Every fight scene has to be approached like a puzzle. You have to know every single path/escape route like the back of your hand, which can only be done by dying 1000 times. I’m currently at the Financial District, which I’ve been trying to beat for HOURS.

The thing that gets me is that the game spawns enemies randomly after you take them all out, and enemies know your exact location even if you’re in cover. They all come in groups to search for you, making it near impossible to take them out using stealth. It’s beyond unfair, but I guess that’s the whole idea - odds are immensely against you.
Old 04-06-20, 02:01   #4
HollabackBoy

Happy to say I finished Grounded mode today. It was very satisfying seeing that trophy pop up on screen. As relentless as it was, it really did give the game a fresh new experience. I enjoyed the challenge overall.
Old 04-06-20, 10:22   #5
RAID

I am stuck in the cabin in the snow, where David and Ellie have to fight off a herd of Runners and Clickers

David's AI is just bad.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 13:25   #6
DragonSlayer

I enjoyed playing on grounded I hope you didn't fight your way through the tunnel before Joel and Ellie arrived at the hospital I sneaked the whole way through, I didn't have to do that on the PS3 version there was a useful glitch that made all but 4 of the infected disappear, climb up onto the truck but don't jump down into the tunnel immediately instead go back the way you came back out into the sunlight then go back to the truck and jump into the tunnel and all but 4 of the infected will have disappeared, doing this saved some much needed items for the hospital.

Annoyingly this appears to have been fixed for the PS4 version but it is surprisingly easy to sneak past the infected as long as you sneak very slowly through the tunnel.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 19:27   #7
Nemo_91

For me it's hard even on normal diff. lol.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote