www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-18, 08:03   #11
TheLostSecret

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I agree with the using Charles Kane thing, The even have the same Voice Actor if I remember right, just with a different Accent, though I think little needs changed with the Jean Ives model to have him be Kane, you could probably just call him Charles Kane and his hair fell out or something between 4 and chronicles
OK . Changed the character name .
Old 05-06-18, 08:34   #12
TheLostSecret

Sorry for the double post ...

OK , changed the Von Croy character accordingly ; Thanks to you kind and dear members of this forum . Please see the first post of this thread and see if Von Croy is better now or not . I just called a friend of mine and we worked both again on Von Croy ; Changed the appearance and proportions .
Old 05-06-18, 11:23   #13
Alex Fly
Legend

Yessss!!!!

As I've said previously this Lara is a great choice for the game. I could totally imagine her in Tomb Raider 4.
The other characters look great and it's undoubtedly a great idea to replace Jean-Yves by Charles Kane.

Looking forward to see more of this and to discover the first screenshots and more characters of course.
I hope you'll make young Lara looks more credible than she was in the game. She's supposed to be 16 years old in TR4, there was something wrong with those pigtails and her overall look. She looked awful.
Old 05-06-18, 13:09   #14
TheLostSecret

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Yessss!!!!

As I've said previously this Lara is a great choice for the game. I could totally imagine her in Tomb Raider 4.
The other characters look great and it's undoubtedly a great idea to replace Jean-Yves by Charles Kane.

Looking forward to see more of this and to discover the first screenshots and more characters of course.
I hope you'll make young Lara looks more credible than she was in the game. She's supposed to be 16 years old in TR4, there was something wrong with those pigtails and her overall look. She looked awful.
Thank you very much .
Yes , of course . I suppose the "Aged Von Croy" & "Sargent Azizus" will be prepared today . Young Lara is a real pain in the neck as designing a Lara Croft from scratch is really time consuming ; Because ToO Lara is somehow far from a young lady and therefore changing its topology results in a character worse than TR4
Old 05-06-18, 13:41   #15
Pigfaced
Student

Wow, the musical theme sounds incredible, no joke. I wish you luck on this hard, yet awarding journey of game developing!
Old 05-06-18, 22:16   #16
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Man, this looks incredible. Young Von Croy does need work, but everything else looks fantastic. I agree with Alex Fly, this Lara is a perfect fit for TR4, and Iím so glad you chose her.
Old 06-06-18, 08:46   #17
ersel
Explorer

i would like to see for this remake another Lara(Of course next gen but more Coreish) . At least long braid. But its ur choise Good luck
Example

Last edited by ersel; 06-06-18 at 09:15.
Old 06-06-18, 10:07   #18
New Dwight
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersel View Post
i would like to see for this remake another Lara(Of course next gen but more Coreish) . At least long braid. But its ur choise Good luck
Example
Beautiful!
Old 06-06-18, 14:20   #19
BloodFighter
Hobbyist

I think you can work a bit more on Von Croy's appearance, as it doesn't look too much like him in my opinion. Other than that love the idea of the project.
Old 06-06-18, 17:04   #20
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Sweet, I look forward to seeing more

With Werner... I wouldn't say he looks like a woman so much. He's giving me teen boy, playing dress-up in a "retro gangster" costume pulled straight from a zip-lock bag from the fancy dress store. Constructively, I'd make all the following changes to his model;

- His face needs to look somewhat older (like in his late 40s for the Cambodia level), with stronger facial features. I don't expect you to base his look on anyone in particular, but hypothetically if I'm going to name a real life person who I would personally base his look on, then (as random as this sounds) I'd probably go with British ex-footballer Gary Lineker. I think his look is perfect for a middle aged Werner, he has a kind of central European look to me and he's still pretty fit for his age. Then you can more or less use the same model for old Werner, just make his skin look more aged and his hair more white than grey.
- The eyebrows are very feminine, they're so thin and high-arched. Those need changing.
- I would also say his head needs to be slightly larger, especially wider.
- As someone else pointed out, his hat and suit aren't really the right kind of style. Take more inspiration from Indiana Jones for that, CORE clearly did (although don't copy outright lest you get in trouble).

Personally I'd have gone with Lara's Anniversary model over that one too, or even the model Ersel posted earlier if you got permission to use it from the creator (I love the one on the left). However, I do like that Temple of Osiris model too so that's not a huge thing to me. I'm really looking forward to seeng more on this I'm interested to see what you'll do with Lara's teen model, I like the idea of what Alex Fly said, taking some creative liberty with it so she actually looks 16. I thought it was weird how her model still gave her Lara's "sexy" adult proportions weirdly combined with little girl pigtails.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 06-06-18 at 17:20.
Closed Thread