Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 08-01-20, 19:06   #921
ANoDE
Golden

Since it has been brought up already, I kinda have to agree with Maverin on the comment about Lara's expression.

While I do like the new model, it's a bit hard to adapt to it, as I really liked the original. I can see why you tried to make her look like her FMV counterpart - and that aspect has turned out very well. This change made Lara lose her iconic RBF (resting b**** face), though - which to me personally is a pitty.

But don't get me wrong - if the current look is the one you're going with for the final release, I'll be fine and I'm gonna enjoy the remaster nonetheless. If I could get my beloved RBF back, I'd just enjoy it a little more
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 07:26   #922
noonbob

I think it all looks perfect, and I am ready to get all excited for the next update
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 20:53   #923
TRJTA

Talking

Time to celebrate! The first level of Tomb Raider III HD Remaster is officially 100% finished!:
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 21:06   #924
ANoDE
Golden

Awesome!
Congratulations!
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 22:02   #925
JOHN30011887

This looks so amazing

I was wondering will there be any better way to just run this texture pack in the future?

Or will it have to be loaded up in a separate program then click play, i tend to prefer a simple exe to just run everything instead of mounting texture packs.
tried that Peixoto Patch in the past and wasnt a fan of it
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 22:59   #926
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
This looks so amazing

I was wondering will there be any better way to just run this texture pack in the future?

Or will it have to be loaded up in a separate program then click play, i tend to prefer a simple exe to just run everything instead of mounting texture packs.
tried that Peixoto Patch in the past and wasnt a fan of it
When using Peixoto's patch properly there is a way to run the game through an exe without having to do anything else. The only difference is that a cmd window will briefly be shown before the game itself is loaded. Perhaps there will be other ways to load the textures in the future. For now, this is the only way.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 00:39   #927
JOHN30011887

Ah ok thanks, il prob have another look at it again then, this hd project is too good to miss
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 21:57   #928
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Honestly, it all looks absolutely amazing! Lara's model and all the environmental textures look lovely and crisp with lots of color. I love how they are faithful to the original. Phenomenal work IMO!
ToMbRaIdErxFtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 12:21   #929
GiovanniLucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMbRaIdErxFtW View Post
Honestly, it all looks absolutely amazing! Lara's model and all the environmental textures look lovely and crisp with lots of color. I love how they are faithful to the original. Phenomenal work IMO!
Thank you so much!
Our goal is to keep as much as possible the feeling of the original game, improving everything that we can!

Bob (TRJTA) is working on India levels, and improving texture tiles rotations, lighting, 3d models, and the environment geometry. The textures for all India levels is already done by me. So when he finish his magic, we'll disclosure all India levels for you all to play!

Last edited by GiovanniLucca; 11-01-20 at 12:22.
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 12:53   #930
Reggie

Hi, I've worked as a graphic designer and I'm currently active working on a trle project which involves remastering a lot of TR3 assets.

It's interesting to see different takes on remastering Lara and other assets.

This is the model I'm working on:

It's a jointed model from Raider99 but I'm working on remastering the outfit fully. You may already be committed to this FMV type model but if you're interested, I can maybe pass what I have on to you (as long as Raider99 is ok with it) should you decide to return to something closer to the in-game model.

Also I remastered/updated flares:

I haven't remastered Mad Tony but I have worked on Pierre from TR1 using the same meshes from TR1 just improved textures.

I'm following your project with interest.

Last edited by Reggie; 11-01-20 at 12:55.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote