Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-09-19, 19:07   #1
paulwork

Default Playstation 5

With rumours floating of a November 6th 2020 release date for Playstation 5, I thought it was about time to start a thread about the new console to gather news and start the countdown.

https://yourcountdown.to/playstation-5.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ev.../1100-6466357/
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 20:37   #2
Tomb Raidering

A fully next gen TR game without the PS4 and XONE’s power restriction...
I wonder if in the next game they would go photo-realistic or follow a certain artistic direction. Anyway, these consoles will help devs develop new features hopefully...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 20:53   #3
ANoDE
Golden

At least the tech for dual pistols should finally be there in this generation. :P

But jokes aside, it's kinda sad that the PS4 era seems to be over soon. Feels like yesterday that I upgraded my PS3.
Anyway I'm looking forward to what developers will be able to get out of this generation. Raytracing and photorealistic textures would be really nice, but I'm not sure if the PS5 will be powerful enough for this. What I DO hope is, that there will be many great games for it over the next few years. I'm waiting for another Uncharted spin-off, TLOU2, another QuanticDream title and more. Although I'd prefer to see these games released for other platforms, too, I guess those will be the main selling points of the PS5. I'd also really like to see a 4K blu-ray player included, since I'd never buy a standalone device.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 20:58   #4
TRfan23
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
I'd also really like to see a 4K Blu-ray player included, since I'd never buy a standalone device.
Given that the games next-gen are going to be in theory much bigger than current gen games, I think it'd be very unwise not to.

Otherwise, we'll either end up with games using multiple standard Blu-ray discs or just one disc with some games' content and the rest download only (the latter the worst case).
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 21:02   #5
killchan

L O A D I N G T I M E S.
yep. they're pushing that as the selling point.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 21:49   #6
Yeauxleaux

I'm a bit a dubious about this really.

I'm not someone who cares about games having the most fantastically realistic graphics (which is inevitably what is going to be pushed as one of the main selling points, prioritised over gameplay), so I'm just waiting to see what games come out. If this is going to be another generation of endless remasters and re-releases like the PS4 era has largely been, I'm in no rush to upgrade.

I've also steadily been losing interest in gaming generally with how the industry is these days so I'm in no rush.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 09-09-19 at 21:56.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 21:54   #7
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
L O A D I N G T I M E S.
yep. they're pushing that as the selling point.
At least much much better than the boring 4K - 60 fps we suffered for years
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 10:59   #8
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
At least much much better than the boring 4K - 60 fps we suffered for years
The more ram/cpu/gpu power means faster loading times for the environments and assets, which would be nice, meaning that there would greater graphics along with less FPS drops. Rumors say that it will have backwards compatibility, so: Wait For Streaming in Kuwaq Yaku and Paititi fixed...
Old 10-09-19, 11:04   #9
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
The more ram/cpu/gpu power means faster loading times for the environments and assets, which would be nice, meaning that there would greater graphics along with less FPS drops. Rumors say that it will have backwards compatibility, so: Wait For Streaming in Kuwaq Yaku and Paititi fixed...
That's why I would like the Definitive Edition to be released on the launch but we would wait too much.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 11:07   #10
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
That's why I would like the Definitive Edition to be released on the launch but we would wait too much.
It would not be successful financially, since PS4 titles will (rumor) be backwards compatible with the PS5. People would by the ‘cheaper’ version of Shadow, unless they upgrade that as the Definitive Edition, like Rise plus season pass becoming 20 Year Celebration...