Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 28-08-21, 20:37   #111
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Hey again!

I think what you need to do is put your 2 tpf files on top of the list in TexMod, and Old Gen+ tpf file should be in 3rd place. This is because the highest tpf file have priority.

Also of course I'm interested to see what you've been working on

Update: On a unrelated matter, if anyone thought Legend had problems, take a look at Anniversary.

Wow that Anniversary texture, it's amazing what kind of issues you don't see when you're just running through a level mindlessly haha

So I tried changing the load order of the tpf files and it worked! Thank you! Except...I'm having a new issue now lol. There seems to be a problem with not every level using the skybox fixes I made but it works when I have a separate tpf file for each fixed skybox.

I only see this as an issue because I have 8 different tpf's for each skybox now and I feel it might be a hassle for people to load them all up who aren't that experienced with TexMod. Maybe it's not a problem though idk. It would be great to hear what other people think about this
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-21, 14:01   #112
ATombRaiderFan

Changelog 2.11:

I've reviewed all Croft Manor textures and have found a few more hq textures to be used instead. The noteworthy changes are shown below and all the rest can be viewed in the imgur album.

See images 1-3.

This update also include fixes made to the house plants leaves and a variety of brass objects.

See images 4-7.

Many of Legend's textures are re-used for the Anniversary manor but there are a few poor quality ones. I'll be working on importing some of Legend's textures into Anniversary next.

New DRM/RAW files:
  • mansion1.drm
  • mansion2.drm
  • mansion3.drm
  • mansion4.drm
  • mansion5.drm
  • mansion6.drm
  • mansion10.drm
  • mansion11.drm
  • mansion99.drm
  • mv_rb_mansion_foyer_statue.drm
  • rb_mansion_grapple_plate.drm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.11.png
Views:	0
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	3732   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.35.png
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	3733   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.25.png
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	3734   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.09.png
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	3735   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.37.png
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	3736  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.38.png
Size:	821.3 KB
ID:	3737   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	3738  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 04-03-24 at 13:21.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-21, 04:10   #113
Ameliorator

Default Upscales and Fixes

Those are some more great fixes! Subtle little changes like these might not seem like much individually but when they're put all together, they really help to make the PC version of this game feel like a more complete experience.

So I've manged to sort out all the issues I was having with these tpf files. They are now in 2 single files with all the textures grouped together. I thought I should just post them here, since this has become where the main focus of all mod fixes for Legend are.

With the loading screens, I took into account what ATombRaiderFan pointed out with the mission prep and rewards screens looking better in a 4:3 aspect ratio so I've done the same. Also, the widescreen versions of the loading screens are in an uncommon 2:1 ratio. Nowadays the majority of peoples computers screens are 1920x1080 in the 16:9 ratio, which means the loading screens are always stretched for most of us. The way I upscale images also doubles them in size. This meant I was able to downsize and adjust the images to fit 1920x1080 without making them look noticeably stretched

If there are any problems with these mods just let me know and I'll try and fix it but everything should be fine

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...le?usp=sharing

Last edited by Ameliorator; 31-08-21 at 04:33.
Old 31-08-21, 07:02   #114
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
Those are some more great fixes! Subtle little changes like these might not seem like much individually but when they're put all together, they really help to make the PC version of this game feel like a more complete experience.
Thank you and I completely agree.

Quote:
So I've manged to sort out all the issues I was having with these tpf files. They are now in 2 single files with all the textures grouped together. I thought I should just post them here, since this has become where the main focus of all mod fixes for Legend are.

With the loading screens, I took into account what ATombRaiderFan pointed out with the mission prep and rewards screens looking better in a 4:3 aspect ratio so I've done the same. Also, the widescreen versions of the loading screens are in an uncommon 2:1 ratio. Nowadays the majority of peoples computers screens are 1920x1080 in the 16:9 ratio, which means the loading screens are always stretched for most of us. The way I upscale images also doubles them in size. This meant I was able to downsize and adjust the images to fit 1920x1080 without making them look noticeably stretched

If there are any problems with these mods just let me know and I'll try and fix it but everything should be fine

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...le?usp=sharing
Great to hear you've found a solution for the tpf issue. I've been trying out your mod and it's very impressive! I've made a few screenshots to compare the differences.

BTW I think you should also create a thread and showcase your project because it will help more people to notice. I've also linked your post to the list of tpf files in the masterpost of this thread. Thank you for sharing

Update: Also this probably goes without saying but Next Gen players would also benefit from the loading screens tpf file.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 31-08-21 at 11:35.
Old 31-08-21, 08:55   #115
Ameliorator

Quote:
Thank you and I completely agree.

Great to hear you've found a solution for the tpf issue. I've been trying out your mod and it's very impressive! I've made a few screenshots to compare the differences. Imgur album

BTW I think you should also create a thread and showcase your project because it will help more people to notice. I've also linked your post to the list of tpf files in the masterpost of this thread. Thank you for sharing
Hey I'm glad it's a noticeable improvement! Thank you for including my mods in the list and thank you so much for those comparison pictures and all the advice. I'm still so new to posting here so I'm just figuring out the best way to do things haha. I'll make my own post and collect some good before and after pics. I did notice in your comparisons that all of my textures look kind of desaturated and it didn't look that bad to me when I was making them. Idk if I should change that or leave it alone

EDIT: Just saw you edited as I was typing this lmao you're right this would be good for next gen too. I'll get on that!

Last edited by Ameliorator; 31-08-21 at 08:57.
Old 31-08-21, 09:07   #116
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Hey I'm glad it's a noticeable improvement! Thank you for including my mods in the list and thank you so much for those comparison pictures and all the advice. I'm still so new to posting here so I'm just figuring out the best way to do things haha. I'll make my own post and collect some good before and after pics. I did notice in your comparisons that all of my textures look kind of desaturated and it didn't look that bad to me when I was making them. Idk if I should change that or leave it alone
If you're able to get the colours to match like the blue tone in the Extras loading screen then that would be perfect

Update: Maybe what your images need is more contrast?

Quote:
EDIT: Just saw you edited as I was typing this lmao you're right this would be good for next gen too. I'll get on that!
The loading screens are universal, so old gen and next gen are actually using the same loading screens.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 31-08-21 at 09:11.
Old 31-08-21, 09:25   #117
Ameliorator

Quote:
If you're able to get the colours to match like the blue tone in the Extras loading screen then that would be perfect

Update: Maybe what your images need is more contrast?

The loading screens are universal, so old gen and next gen are actually using the same loading screens.
Oops yeah I completely forget they use the same images for both gens

I've checked over my original upscaled images and I was right - the colours look the same as the originals. So for some unknown reason, they change into having that dull, washed out look when in the game?
Old 31-08-21, 09:57   #118
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Oops yeah I completely forget they use the same images for both gens

I've checked over my original upscaled images and I was right - the colours look the same as the originals. So for some unknown reason, they change into having that dull, washed out look when in the game?
Are you willing to share one of your loading screen images? I can pack it into the game using Gibbed and find out if the same issue persist.
Old 31-08-21, 11:27   #119
Ameliorator

Quote:
Are you willing to share one of your loading screen images? I can pack it into the game using Gibbed and find out if the same issue persist.
Hey sorry about the delay but I've fixed the issue! It turns out that there was an issue with the colour profile I was using in photoshop. I had been saving everything as Adobe RGB but apparently this can cause images to look bad when they're used outside of photoshop. I've gone through everything for both mods and saved them as sRGB instead and the colours are matching up now. I reuploaded the tpf's and I'll start working on my own post for this
Old 31-08-21, 11:44   #120
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Hey sorry about the delay but I've fixed the issue! It turns out that there was an issue with the colour profile I was using in photoshop. I had been saving everything as Adobe RGB but apparently this can cause images to look bad when they're used outside of photoshop. I've gone through everything for both mods and saved them as sRGB instead and the colours are matching up now. I reuploaded the tpf's and I'll start working on my own post for this
That's great news! Just tried out the new tpf file and your solution worked. The Extras loading screen doesn't only match in colour but also looks nice and crisp. Well done