Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 02-12-19, 23:43   #91
Robwood

Sora is clearly being sarcastic, you guys.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 03:10   #92
SoraSakai
Inactive

I was indeed lol sorry haha I was in a stupid mood when I said that
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 04:10   #93
cephasjames

I know I'm late to the party but the OP asked: "Was the Gamespot 6/10 score a valid verdict?" Yes, of course, it was because, like all opinions, the person who gave that score has a valid opinion.

Do I agree with that score? No, I do not. But disagreeing with someone's opinion does not invalid that person's opinion.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 04:12   #94
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I know I'm late to the party but the OP asked: "Was the Gamespot 6/10 score a valid verdict?" Yes, of course, it was because, like all opinions, the person who gave that score has a valid opinion.

Do I agree with that score? No, I do not. But disagreeing with someone's opinion does not invalid that person's opinion.
Yep. This whole thread is just pages upon pages of that point flying over everyone’s head as they all declare it deserving a different number.

Because it isn’t enough to just like something. Everyone else needs to like the exact same thing in the exact same way.
Old 03-12-19, 07:37   #95
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post

That is not how it works. A journalist should be objective not subjective .That includes a gaming journalist . He is not some random Joe with an opinion.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 08:17   #96
SoraSakai
Inactive

Right, for breaking a news story yes.
But when it’s a review of a form of media (and not a quality control review, which is the logic you’re trying to apply here), than it really is just his opinion.

Works of art like books, film, paintings and video game’s are completely subjective. Even the most broken horrible game could be loved by someone.

It’s not like the review was based around anything factually inaccurate. It’s not like he said “The game doesn’t even have a jump button, wtf” and then scored it low.

He perfectly articulated his reasons as to why he scored it the way he did and you need to get over it. You and everyone else who have a problem with it, yes you need to get over it.
Old 03-12-19, 09:25   #97
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Right, for breaking a news story yes.
But when it’s a review of a form of media (and not a quality control review, which is the logic you’re trying to apply here), than it really is just his opinion.

Works of art like books, film, paintings and video game’s are completely subjective. Even the most broken horrible game could be loved by someone.

It’s not like the review was based around anything factually inaccurate. It’s not like he said “The game doesn’t even have a jump button, wtf” and then scored it low.

He perfectly articulated his reasons as to why he scored it the way he did and you need to get over it. You and everyone else who have a problem with it, yes you need to get over it.
Why do you think I have a problem with it?
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 09:32   #98
killchan

The thing about objective vs subjective in a game review is that, even if you take 2 competent and honest reviewers, you'll always find someone who will twist the narrative and they will do that by giving more relevancy to some aspects rather than others, and they will have to do that because they need to put a number at the bottom of the article.

for example the GS reviewer states, among other things, that Shadow has objectively nice graphics and stealth still doesn't consider sound as a factor.
And for him, that's a 6.

But to me, seasoned gamer with a no ****s given attitude, none of that matters: I don't play games for the graphics and I've never intended to go into Shadow expecting the best and deepest stealth since Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Solution: drop the ratings.
Just describe the game, expose the technical flaws (controls, performance, loading times) and try to draw a picture of the potential target audience.
Be useful.

And that's why I love steam user reviews EDIT and steam's refund policy.

Last edited by killchan; 03-12-19 at 09:36.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 09:33   #99
frodrigues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
Why do you think I have a problem with it?
She thinks this thread is personal against the journalist or something. She can't seem to understand that people just took the oportunity to discuss their opinion on the matter. So in return she will keep on popping out every few pages to either complain about is existance or comment on how everyone is ignoring her remarks. Not taking the clue herself I guess.
frodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-19, 09:56   #100
CroftManiac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
That is not how it works. A journalist should be objective not subjective .That includes a gaming journalist . He is not some random Joe with an opinion.
He's not reporting news to be objective. A review is the person's opinion, of course he would be subjective. What kind of review doesn't have pesonal thoughts about something?
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote