Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 27-08-19, 22:37   #31
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post

Lara was trained by Roth in all kinds of weapons . It's not like she never touched a gun before she set foot on Yamatai .
There's training and then there's almost certainly having the highest human body count in the series Pre-Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 11:26   #32
jhons0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Where are people getting romantic vibes? A kiss on the cheek is a non verbal way of saying good bye in America. Perhaps it shows more how Americanized this game was when it should have been and taken more mannerisms from the UK and London.
Yeah, at least on Lara's end it doesn't come off as romantic to me. Wrong way to go about it if they wanted it to be romantic.
Just kinda seems like the family kiss to me honestly, e.g. thank you etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
There's training and then there's almost certainly having the highest human body count in the series Pre-Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Its a new take on Lara Croft.
jhons0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 13:28   #33
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I see you harping on that quite a lot lately . What does "having the highest human body count in the series" have to do with questioning the limit of Lara's abilities ?

The devs didn't mean that every single thing in their game is intended to be realistic (proof is : their entire premise of Yamatai is about fantasy and the supernatural being real) , people just love to put words in their (Crystal's) mouth and pick on the tiniest details possible and triumphantly go like "Ha ! x y z isn't realistic ! in your face CD !" . If we're going to go super-realistic , any shot Lara would take during in-game gunfights should instantly kill her AND the game should END (no load game and Lara respawning) because realistically speaking dead people can't go back into the living world , imagine if the game was designed this way . What matters is : Lara is a good combatant who received extensive training from her mentor , and she can take care of herself alright . Some video-gamey conveniences are bound to be there no matter what approach the devs could be leaning towards (whether more grounded or more outrageous one) imo .

Anyway , let us not forget that the Solari are quite ordinary people (former survivors) . They're not the cleverest , most tactical best "soldiers" ever . It's even mentioned more than once in the documents that Mathias went for men strong in body but stupid and weak in almost everything else , so it's not like Lara in her first true adventure killed loads of veteran Mafia hitmen or advanced giant cyborgs .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 14:41   #34
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I see you harping on that quite a lot lately . What does "having the highest human body count in the series" have to do with questioning the limit of Lara's abilities ?

The devs didn't mean that every single thing in their game is intended to be realistic (proof is : their entire premise of Yamatai is about fantasy and the supernatural being real) , people just love to put words in their (Crystal's) mouth and pick on the tiniest details possible and triumphantly go like "Ha ! x y z isn't realistic ! in your face CD !" . If we're going to go super-realistic , any shot Lara would take during in-game gunfights should instantly kill her AND the game should END (no load game and Lara respawning) because realistically speaking dead people can't go back into the living world , imagine if the game was designed this way . What matters is : Lara is a good combatant who received extensive training from her mentor , and she can take care of herself alright . Some video-gamey conveniences are bound to be there no matter what approach the devs could be leaning towards (whether more grounded or more outrageous one) imo .

Anyway , let us not forget that the Solari are quite ordinary people (former survivors) . They're not the cleverest , most tactical best "soldiers" ever . It's even mentioned more than once in the documents that Mathias went for men strong in body but stupid and weak in almost everything else , so it's not like Lara in her first true adventure killed loads of veteran Mafia hitmen or advanced giant cyborgs .

Because it kills any chance of me taking the story seriously with how absurd the combat sections are.
Then she kills even more people in Rise who are Trinity mercs.

Its not helped by the fact there are plenty of moments where Lara should be dead but Plot-Armor prevails.

I can't take a "Survivor" narrative seriously when she's slaughtering her way effortlessly through braindead hordes.

Last edited by Samz; 28-08-19 at 14:43.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 00:09   #35
ct_96

You misunderstood the question I asked.
I just asked this question;
I think Alex turned his head away when Lara went to kiss him on the lips. Lara wanted to kiss alex on the lips?

(I am sorry for being late and my bad English.)
ct_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 00:44   #36
malferink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
This scene has gotta be one of TR2013 dumbest moments, imo, but at least you can laugh at it.

---
When Alex says "looks like my dance career is over" and Lara FAKE laughs at it. The fake laugh seriously kills me every time. "Ah heh heh..." Why did they even put this in there? To further cement Lara's disinterest in Alex romantically? Lmao sorry bro

Two seconds later, when Lara gets pissed and tells him he's going to kill them. She's so obviously annoyed with him, this situation, and his ineptitude. That lame ass joke clearly made things worse.

Alex telling Lara "I'm not gonna make it out of here" and Lara scrunching up her face up and lazily shaking her head no. It's like, you already know she's gonna ditch him, but she's making it seem like she won't for appearances.

Do I even need to say anything about the sad kiss? It's so dumb. They made Alex low-key in love with Lara, barely touched on it, Lara doesn't address it THE ENTIRE GAME, and then in this moment they're like "yeah let's have Lara friend zone him right before he dies."
---

But the real reason this is the stupidest moment in the entire game is because there were like three guys shooting at them, and by that point Lara had the blood of a thousand men on her hands. What was stopping her from shooting three more dudes? Honestly. The disconnect between the narrative and gameplay in TR2013 could win an award.
omfg i'm screaming lmaooo

I 100% agree tho. I love your take on Lara's character a lot more, too. just the no-nonsense additude. I love TR2013 but the story is an absolute trainwreck
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 17:55   #37
rdshw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct_96 View Post
I think Alex turned his head away when Lara went to kiss him on the lips. Lara wanted to kiss alex on the lips?

Actually it was definitely Alex that turned his head allowing Lara's kiss to reach his cheek instead.
rdshw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-19, 17:13   #38
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct_96 View Post

She was definitely trying to give him a pity kiss on the lips. But Alex turned his head away because he's a dumb ass.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 21:03   #39
rdshw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
She was definitely trying to give him a pity kiss on the lips. But Alex turned his head away because he's a dumb ass.
I think, Alex turned his head away because he was ashamed. lol
rdshw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 03:07   #40
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_TR View Post
Lara was a dick here, he was dying and she couldn’t even give him a quick smooch...
Alex was so horny for her she probably had time to give him a quick something else.

But in post-orgasmic bliss he probably wouldn't have felt like blowing himself up, so the Solarii would have got him, and then stepped out through the door and cut the rope while Lara was trying to zip back up to the front of the Endurance.

If they ever reboot the reboot Lara should go back to Yamatai and find Alex's skull, and polish it up for a Manor souvenir.

Then wait 'til Reyes sees it.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote