Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 21-09-18, 04:28   #13431
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Yes!
So happy the referenced that.

Suck on that Mila Jovovich. Biohazard will never reference your ****ty movies.

I love that scene.
Lol. Omg. So bitchy. I love it!
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 15:51   #13432
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
Lol. Omg. So bitchy. I love it!
Well actully there's a trap with lasers in Resident Evil 4 and that's all
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 21:51   #13433
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Awwwwww thank you very much
I'll thank you when the ****ing scripts are finished!!!!!!!

Nah I'm kidding. Thank you so much <3 Luv you! ^.^
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 22:47   #13434
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I'll thank you when the ****ing scripts are finished!!!!!!!

Nah I'm kidding. Thank you so much <3 Luv you! ^.^
Thank you for your appreciation miss Sakai

I can't wait to read it in full and discover if the ending story was true and if there was really a shower scene
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 09:02   #13435
Avalon SARL

The Richard from SOTR has got nothing to do with Lara's dad in this recent movie. He looks more like Richad from the Angelina movies.

I say for the sequel, just do your own thing away from the games, since the game doesn't seem to give a **** about these details.

Anna is Natla; she looks so much like her
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 12:46   #13436
AimlessThunder

Yeah, the games should do their thing and the movies theirs.
I mean it sort of works better that way.
Movie Lara is a bit more charming though.
She just gets things done. I like that.
Also there is no need to turn her in to a mass murderer on the big screen.
Old 25-09-18, 15:56   #13437
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
Also there is no need to turn her in to a mass murderer on the big screen.
I kind of want it though, to show how her obsession is making her into the same thing Trinity is, and then have her realise her mistakes and having to deal that she can get down there if she doesn't learn how to control herself. Would make a great a great character-driven drama that I know Alicia would absolutely nail.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 16:03   #13438
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I kind of want it though, to show how her obsession is making her into the same thing Trinity is, and then have her realise her mistakes and having to deal that she can get down there if she doesn't learn how to control herself. Would make a great a great character-driven drama that I know Alicia would absolutely nail.
Well Alicia is fantastic. She can do no wrong. Best choice!

I still can't believe that we now have two actresses portraying Lara, who won the Oscar.

Now all we need is a great Tomb Raider movie.

I would love to see Alicia in the jacket from Rise or the main two outfits from Shadow. The buttoned up shirt and the default outfit.
Old 25-09-18, 16:35   #13439
GeekOfComedy

I can't believe no one is touching on the gradation of Lara killing in the film. It is much better than the game because narratively, enough time passes from her first kill and then needing the satellite phone to get off the island. The PG-13 rating helps as she just shoots them in the chest and it doesn't linger on it.

They can definitely decide to look deeper at that in the sequel but being such a point of contention with critics, why bother. No one questions male and other action heroes when enemies die in combat, Lara should be no different. I think they can do the drama if they touch on cultural appropriation and her coming into these uncolonised lands and what that means.

Narratively it shouldn't be hard which is why I'm shocked the game didn't do an amazing job of it but basically.

1) Have native characters in the film who have a B story and aren't just there to help Lara and or die.
2) Have a POC on the writing team or directing team to give an objective view on what Croft is doing.

OR have adventures set in locations with more dominant societies. That's why Asia is such a gold mine, you can have the adventure set in China, Japan or Korea but it wouldn't really rile up arguments about Cultural Appropriation vs if she's raiding Africa, The middle East (sans the rich gulf) or South America.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 25-09-18 at 16:40.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 17:57   #13440
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
I can't believe no one is touching on the gradation of Lara killing in the film. It is much better than the game because narratively, enough time passes from her first kill and then needing the satellite phone to get off the island. The PG-13 rating helps as she just shoots them in the chest and it doesn't linger on it.

They can definitely decide to look deeper at that in the sequel but being such a point of contention with critics, why bother. No one questions male and other action heroes when enemies die in combat, Lara should be no different. I think they can do the drama if they touch on cultural appropriation and her coming into these uncolonised lands and what that means.

Narratively it shouldn't be hard which is why I'm shocked the game didn't do an amazing job of it but basically.

1) Have native characters in the film who have a B story and aren't just there to help Lara and or die.
2) Have a POC on the writing team or directing team to give an objective view on what Croft is doing.

OR have adventures set in locations with more dominant societies. That's why Asia is such a gold mine, you can have the adventure set in China, Japan or Korea but it wouldn't really rile up arguments about Cultural Appropriation vs if she's raiding Africa, The middle East (sans the rich gulf) or South America.
This is nothing have to do with the gender of the character, and other movies do have explored the consequences of killing. As **** as that movie was, Spider-Man 3 does touch that subject and Peter rejects the black suit (and his descent to darkness) when he thinks he killed Sand-Man and Aunt May makes him see how awful that is, especially because it was all about pure hate and revenge. Same thing with Deadpool 2: R-rated, I know, but it is a movie where Wade, who is so f-ed up that killing doesn't affect him, is trying his best for a kid to not kill, because he knows it will f up his life.

You don't need to explore the ethic of the actions action heroes in their movies. But it can bring a bigger depth to your story if you do. It can elevate a story to something greater, and quite honestly, I want Tomb Raider to not be just another action movie.

You are right about how the transition from the first kill was much better in the movie than in the game, though.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote