Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 14-11-18, 22:15   #1
Thorir

Default More sassy, less emo

While the trilogy has been fun to play, the character and personality of Lara has gone down the drain from TR1. Not gonna complain, you have all played the games. Almost 20 years and Lara has gotten weaker and weaker.

What do you want for future Tomb Raider games?

For the future:

*Lara has NO support. She doesn't need it. She's Lara Croft.
*RARE human enemies. Similar to TR1. Lara doesn't have to murder 300 people to finish the game. Five enemies? OK.
*Less talk. I don't need Lara talking about a jump I might make. JUST DO IT.
*NO SUPERNATURAL ENEMIES. It's just dumb.
*More TOMBS. Less modern stages.
Thorir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 22:34   #2
charmedangelin

Hmm...I agree with most of your points except for supernatural enemies. Tomb Raider has always had some forum of supernatural enemies, the problem with the more modern games, aka the reboot, is the fact that they are too humanoid for me to consider them something interesting.

I would love for there to be something truly supernatural for rare occasions that are something that even the player is weary of like the spirits in TR4 or the Atlanditans in TR1.

I agree with everything else though.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 22:35   #3
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorir View Post
For the future:

*RARE human enemies. Similar to TR1. Lara doesn't have to murder 300 people to finish the game. Five enemies? OK.

- Shadow used enemies sparsely and players didn't really like that unfortunately. People complain that the game is "boring" and that your various combat skills are all going to waste, because you don't use them frequently enough.

- Why? You are drawing direct comparisons between the classics and modern TR games and literally every single one of them had supernatural enemies in one shape or another.

- Rise and Shadow featured more tombs and ruins than TR2 and TR3. Tombs are nice, but they don't make or break a game. It's the Raider in Tomb Raider that matters more.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 22:40   #4
jackraider
Inactive

Keep super natural enemies in for sure. There are some sci-fi elements to TR1 and TR3 mutated enemies though, but mostly supernatural.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 22:44   #5
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
Keep super natural enemies in for sure. There are some sci-fi elements to TR1 and TR3 mutated enemies though, but mostly supernatural.
Oh god I forgot about those TR3 mutated enemies. I hated those things so much, especially the big ones that just come running at you from around a corner without indication that they were there.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 22:56   #6
jackraider
Inactive

I loved those in III! Very John Carpenter's The Thing! I like the whole alien aspect to it. Was kind of similar to TR1's plot.
Old 15-11-18, 03:23   #7
Error96

Is it the ones in the lost city of Tinnos that you are on about. That dark room near the end is so scary and they take a lot of bringing down. It's genuinely scary so I am fully behind supernatural enemies back and I certainly don't mean any more undead armies which are just human reskins.

On the thread title I have felt throughout the 3 reboot games Lara needed way more sass. Reboot Lara's lack of sass and constant unnecessary self-affirmation represent a real smear over what is one of gaming all time great characters.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 05:06   #8
jackraider
Inactive

Yeah, the Antarctica mutant alien things. And TRIII had some of the best enemies! So much variety! However, there should of been sharks instead of crocs in South Pacific. I'd of loved for there to of been a shark swimming at the beginning section of coastal village!
Old 15-11-18, 05:47   #9
RodneyMac12

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the whole "What would I do without you" statement.
Lara doesn't always need someone to contribute to accomplishing her goal.
RodneyMac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 11:35   #10
Aikon

Quote:
*Less talk. I don't need Lara talking about a jump I might make. JUST DO IT.

I don't care at all about the setting, but f*** yes, I agree sooo much about getting rid of superanatural enemies and stuff in general.
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote