www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 15-01-21, 16:55   #7551
MelikeLara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Ah yes, almost forgot about that! And there was MP in the PSP version of Legend, though I didn't have the chance to play the MP modes of either version.
I played the legend one back in the day with my cousin and really enjoyed it, I'm sure it even used some of the unused music in the levels.
I'd possibly play if it was local mp but never been a fan of it online.
Old 17-01-21, 16:41   #7552
Zsott
Archaeologist

Do we have any information, on how much Core wanted to change the original story?

I'm asking because, the other day I looked outside of the first level, and there's a passage that led up to the gate; while originally the gate was on a small clearing, on the side pf the mountain...
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-21, 21:32   #7553
BlueCake
Historian

Doesn't seem like they had any plan to change the history nor does it seem like Melissa was going to be featured in single player either.

But since Eidos had already asked then to be faithful to TRL, it wouldn't surprise me if they changed a few things to be more coherent with Legend.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-21, 22:44   #7554
reborninshadow
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Do we have any information, on how much Core wanted to change the original story?

I'm asking because, the other day I looked outside of the first level, and there's a passage that led up to the gate; while originally the gate was on a small clearing, on the side pf the mountain...
We don't really know since there aren't many info available regarding this. The only info we do have is that there was going to be a new final level called "Escape From Atlantis". The document says that Natla was going to try destroying Lara and what's left of Atlantis using a "Atlantean War Machine". The ending cutscene was also going to be different. Winston was going to arrive in a chopper and Lara was going to escape with it.

"Winston, Lara’s trusted butler, talks over the loudspeaker “Afternoon ma’am, I just thought I’d drop in and give you a hand” the lava begins to rise, Lara quickly jumps to the chopper and grabs the landing skid, the chopper rises quickly out of the crater as the lava plume chases it up, the volcano explodes just as the chopper clears it, Lara shouts to Winston “Mine’s an Earl Grey, white with two sugars. Oh and Winston, thanks."

You can find more info about this and a lot more in the TRAE Documents in the Tomb of Ash website. I don't think I'm allowed to post links still so you'll need to look it up yourself.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 17-01-21 at 22:54.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:21   #7555
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

If I recall, I heard from somewhere the moment you are almost at the top towards the escape route on The Great Pyramid to end the level, the Atlantean War Machine supposedly comes crashing in from the wall, then revives the defeated Natla to hoist/fuse her to itself and they proceed on a rampage in an attempt to kill Lara.

I am not sure if what I recall was official or not but I like the idea either way.
Old Today, 05:10   #7556
RAID
Tomb Raider

Has anyone changed Lara's model yet? I bet FMV Lara would look amazing in this.
Old Today, 08:59   #7557
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
then revives the defeated Natla to hoist/fuse her to itself and they proceed on a rampage in an attempt to kill Lara.
kinda like boaz ?
I like the idea too !
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote