Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 23-05-21, 15:52   #1
Wooxman

Question Relic Run doesn't start on new Android phone

I got a new phone a few weeks ago (Sony Xperia 10 II with Android 11) but I haven't been able to get Relic Run running on it.

I can download it, but when I start it, it goes right to the loading screen (instead it should show the intro story sequence when running for the first time on a new device) and it asks me to download data for the snow levels. When I select to download that data, the app crashes and when I select to download it later, the loading screen changes to the jungle one and gets stuck at 100% (it does the same after crashing when I restart it).

I tried reinstalling it several times and I tried copying the game files from my old phone (did a clean install on that one, too), but nothing helped.

I know that it was never well optimised and the last update broke the music, but at least I got it running on my old phone, my Nvidia Shield tablet and BlueStacks (it actually runs really well on BlueStacks, but it would be nice to be able to play it on the go).

So does anyone have an idea on how to get this game running on a modern phone?

Last edited by Wooxman; 23-05-21 at 16:02.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-21, 20:50   #2
HarleyCroft

I don't know
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-21, 20:25   #3
TRF

That's weird, because the latest update was from Feb. 2019. It should work on the latest version of Android.

But...

I have read that the Achievements in the last update seems to be a problem.
Try playing it without internet connection. Install the game normally, switch of Wifi and Mobile Data and skip the update through the app. See what happens there.

Another option:
If you try installing the game without the Google Play store? Since we are not allowed to share links to those site here, just search for it online (be safe though).
TRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-21, 23:37   #4
ANoDE
Golden

Did you maybe restrict the app from accessing your storage? That could probably cause such an issue. I haven't tried Android 11 though as I don't have that on my phone (yet).
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 10:56   #5
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF View Post
Install the game normally, switch of Wifi and Mobile Data and skip the update through the app. See what happens there.
Tried that, same problem. Only that it doesn't ask if I wanna install the additional level files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF View Post
Another option:
If you try installing the game without the Google Play store? Since we are not allowed to share links to those site here, just search for it online (be safe though).
I'll try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Did you maybe restrict the app from accessing your storage? That could probably cause such an issue. I haven't tried Android 11 though as I don't have that on my phone (yet).
When I first start the game it asks me if it can access the phone's storage and I allow that. And I'm not even really sure if it's an issue with Android 11 but maybe with my specific phone model.

Edit:
I installed it from the APK file, but then the loading bar didn't even move.

But I found the solution! I went to the Android options and then into the Relic Run options and deleted the saved data and that did the trick. I guess that when I migrated data from my old phone, it copied the save files for Relic Run and that didn't seem to work well.

Last edited by Wooxman; 30-05-21 at 11:20.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote