www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 08-05-21, 12:56   #41
redfox45
Professor

I liked the idea of the Planetarium solution being based on ancient assumptions on where the planets were but I feel it could've been implemented a lot better.
I, like most who probably first ran the game just pushed them around and did it through trial and error. Not very satisfying.

Unless there was another scroll that went into what they believed but it doesn't seem like it.
If a puzzle solution is based on something like outdated astrology then there should definitely be something in the game that you can find that goes into it. So you can get the satisfaction of actually solving it instead of just getting it by accident.
Old 08-05-21, 16:36   #42
.snake.
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
If a puzzle solution is based on something like outdated astrology then there should definitely be something in the game that you can find that goes into it.
There is something.

There is a dark shaft in one of the side rooms in the library, that if you look up into it using your binoculars with night vision, you see the planetary puzzle solution. There is a hint on the floor tile under the shaft with the ring design from the planetary puzzle room that makes Lara look up into the shaft.

(I never understood the deal with posting pictures on this forum, so someone else will have to post a screenshot if they can )

*EDIT*
I just found a bunch of info and screens on Stella's site. It is definitely an obscure hint, but it is something at least that can help you avoid pushing each orb onto each tile in a trial and error fashion...
https://www.tombraiders.net/stella/w...rary-10.html#2

Last edited by .snake.; 08-05-21 at 16:40.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 17:38   #43
redfox45
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
There is something.

There is a dark shaft in one of the side rooms in the library, that if you look up into it using your binoculars with night vision, you see the planetary puzzle solution. There is a hint on the floor tile under the shaft with the ring design from the planetary puzzle room that makes Lara look up into the shaft.

(I never understood the deal with posting pictures on this forum, so someone else will have to post a screenshot if they can )

*EDIT*
I just found a bunch of info and screens on Stella's site. It is definitely an obscure hint, but it is something at least that can help you avoid pushing each orb onto each tile in a trial and error fashion...
Oh damn! haha I was looking up at that shaft just thinking "meh I guess i'll come sliding down from there at some point in the future" and just wrote it off.

That's well hidden but I don't think i'd have thought to look up there even if I spent 5 hours running around the level. Thanks for showing me though. very sneaky.
Old 08-05-21, 17:49   #44
Rai

Trial and error was pretty much my got-to method of solving most TR puzzles. That "clue" is hidden enough that it is easily missed. Like redfox45, I thought that shute was somewhere that Lara would come back to later on . Despite the trial and error aspect, I appreciated that TR4 brought in puzzles that were more involved and diverse than 'Find the door first then run around like a headless chicken looking for a key/item/lever somewhere in the level to open it' 'puzzle' that was so prevalent in TR until then .
Old 08-05-21, 17:58   #45
.snake.
Explorer

What I find the worst and most obscure part of that entire level is the scroll with the info for the fire-snake puzzle. It's not the actual text of the scroll that is confusing, or the puzzle itself... but the fact that you can't pick up the scroll... it stays transparent for the majority of the level... and only once you've entered that massive room with the star and the snake statues is it possible to pick the scroll up afaik... and to do that you have to backtrack all the way to get there. That is such an odd setup for me - why keep the player from getting the scroll for such a long period of time? Or is this just a bug in the PC version that she can't pick it up at first?
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 22:55   #46
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
There is something.

*EDIT*
Incredible! I didn't even know that hint or clue existed. I always completed it by trial and error.
Old 08-05-21, 23:31   #47
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Incredible! I didn't even know that hint or clue existed. I always completed it by trial and error.
Neither did I, I just push and pull the globes until the little light ball appears on top so I know itís in the right place .