www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 10-05-21, 18:17   #201
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Just posted my review on trle.net, but wanted to say how much I enjoyed playing the level! My boyfriend speaks French so was enjoying all the signs and recognizing historical characters on the gallery walls. So much fun!
Old 10-05-21, 21:24   #202
bublehed
Student

Just finished this, and I am absolutely blown away that this is a video game engine from 1999. Amazing work Delca! Joey's animations, and your level design are both top-tier. Perfect combination. Can't wait to see more from you!

I'm about to replay to hunt for all 3 secrets since I only managed to find one.

If I may add a small nitpick, it would really only be the last line of dialogue. And although I love sassy AOD Lara a lot, it feels a little out of place. I think one of the lines from the "Galleries Under Seige" level about not being able to breathe would probably work better. Maybe even add some of the occasional coughing sounds as she makes her way to the archeological dig. If you need help accessing them I would be more than happy to extract them for you.

Anyway, even if you decide to stick with that, it really isn't that big of a deal. This is such an amazing teaser of the great things we can probably expect from you in the future!

Last edited by bublehed; 10-05-21 at 21:39.
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 23:24   #203
vandit
Historian

Just finished the level and I love it (posted my review on trle.net, hope you find it helpful), it is in my opinion the best TRLE AOD level so far because it has so many details! Thank you Delca for this unique adventure, I look forward to more AOD levels from you.

It's so nice after so many years to see that finally someone with your talent and attention to detail is tapping into the huge potential of AOD and actually managing to push the boundaries of the 20 year old editor in a way I've never seen before, incredible and I love you and celebrate you for that! This is truly a special day for me and probably for many of us.
Old 10-05-21, 23:36   #204
justin
Professor

What a stunning looking project! My laptop won't let the keypad work, so I'll have to try it on my PC later.

How did you do the shadows? I've done simple shadows on textures, but that makes for a lot of different textures lol
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 23:56   #205
Delca
Student

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! @not again! @lance6439 @CircusBabysGal @Craig Michaels @bublehed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandit View Post
Just finished the level and I love it (posted my review on trle.net, hope you find it helpful), it is in my opinion the best TRLE AOD level so far because it has so many details! Thank you Delca for this unique adventure, I look forward to more AOD levels from you.

It's so nice after so many years to see that finally someone with your talent and attention to detail is tapping into the huge potential of AOD and actually managing to push the boundaries of the 20 year old editor in a way I've never seen before, incredible and I love you and celebrate you for that! This is truly a special day for me and probably for many of us.
Wow! Looking forward for your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
What a stunning looking project! My laptop won't let the keypad work, so I'll have to try it on my PC later.
Thank you Justin!
About the keypad issue: you can try to restart the game with different settings (windowed mode, lower or higher resolution, etc.) ans see what happens.
I can also send you a savegame just after the keypad if needed.
The sad news is that I probably won't be able to fix this bug as I have no idea what causes it and it's working fine for the majority of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
How did you do the shadows? I've done simple shadows on textures, but that makes for a lot of different textures lol
The shadows are part of the textures.

Last edited by Delca; 10-05-21 at 23:57.
Delca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 00:09   #206
justin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delca View Post
About the keypad issue: you can try to restart the game with different settings (windowed mode, lower or higher resolution, etc.) ans see what happens.
I can also send you a savegame just after the keypad if needed.
The sad news is that I probably won't be able to fix this bug as I have no idea what causes it and it's working fine for the majority of people.
I'll let ya know if it doesn't work on my desktop, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delca View Post
The shadows are part of the textures.
I was afraid of that lol
It's a lot of work and patience that I don't have haha

Brilliantly done, Delca
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 01:47   #207
Delca
Student

I have sent an update to trle.net.
- It fixes the issue with save/load.
- As I am unable to fix the bug with the keypad not working, I decided to include a savegame for the people who need it. So all you have to do is copy/paste it to your 'Save' folder.

I will tell you when the update is available.
Old 11-05-21, 02:03   #208
KyleCroft
Professor

Absolutely stunning! I really really enjoyed this. Well done, Delca!
KyleCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 04:45   #209
.snake.
Explorer

Looks beautiful.

I have no problem using the keypad, however where on earth do I find the code to type into the keypad? Already got the first half of the ankh in the Sphinx room, now I've just been running around like a headless chicken.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 07:46   #210
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Any chance of a video playthrough for those (ie. me) who can't play TRLEs?