www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 13-06-21, 08:39   #1
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Default Blank startup loadscreen

I've been pondering about the fact that The Last Revelation on PC lacks a loading screen on startup and it's just a progression bar.

On PSX and Dreamcast there are trademark screens of varying quality. The first two screenshots is PSX and last is Dreamcast, all taken from youtube. I couldn't find a european version of dreamcast.

As a test I've took the 'uk' bmp file from The Time Exclusive (640x480) and placed it in The Last Revelation root folder and it worked, no blank screen. I've also created a test version using the dreamcast screenshot, see below.

However using screenshots isn't very vanilla. I don't know my way around psx or dreamcast versions of TLR, much less understand the file structures. Is anyone willing to find a way to rip the trademark screens from the psx or dreamcast versions and share it?

Update:

Download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vL?usp=sharing

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 13-06-21 at 15:03.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-21, 14:21   #2
TheBlueFox
Hobbyist

Dreamcast version:

The image quality seems low quality 'cause Core may have reused the PSX version and just changed the resolution from 512x256 to 640x480.
(extracted using b122251's TRIC tool)

Last edited by TheBlueFox; 13-06-21 at 14:23.
TheBlueFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-21, 15:08   #3
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Thank you very much TheBlueFox. It's a very good start

I've converted the image you provided into bmp format. It can be downloaded via the link in the first post, with a choice between 4:3 and 16:9 versions. The latter was done by applying the pillarbox effect.

Edit: The Times Exclusive startup loadscreen is now also available in 16:9.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 14-06-21 at 12:27.
Old 14-06-21, 09:41   #4
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

If anyone had already downloaded the bmp files, please delete it and replace with the ones from the download link because I made an error setting the resolution for the 16:9 loadscreens. I made it 848x480 when it should have been 854x480.

Also while I'm hoping that someone from the online community will be able to provide the other trademark screen versions, I've created an edit using the dreamcast version given by TheBlueFox, by swapping the north american logo for the european one. It's not technically vanilla so think of it as a placeholder for now.