www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 05-07-21, 07:33   #171
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Accidental comment removed.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 05-07-21 at 07:34.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 13:40   #172
Guy N. Cognito
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleCroft View Post
You write an awful lot like him!
To write like him I would have to write a wall of text in all caps, put happy smilies at the end, claim to be innocent and pretend to be optimistic.
Guy N. Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 19:00   #173
Heartache
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Or not. He has no obligation to anyone and even less so after being harrassed like that. To the point he deactivated his SM.

Cross all the appendages for future joy.
I'll be honest. I don't get Martins thinking and I'm not gonna treat him like a messiah just cause he owns the CD.

trexpert is a complete weirdo we all know that. but martin is a grown man who knows where a freaking ignore button is located. ash was able to, peter as well.

nothing to treat lightly at all of course!!! I'm wishing trexpert on nobody on this earth, but the community is not controlling trexpert. if we could he'd be banned from the whole internet in a fraction of a second.

showing the community on Twitter you own the cd just so you can say you don't wanna release it is kinda a dick move in my honest opinion. the comments made on that Twitter thread were all fine and respectful. it's all just one crazy person that went rogue.

some people in the community that know more most of the time are sure that more CDs exist and ash is trying to get it one way or another so the demo will probably find its way online sooner or later
Old 05-07-21, 19:04   #174
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
showing the community on Twitter you own the cd just so you can say you don't wanna release it is kinda a dick move in my honest opinion. the comments made on that Twitter thread were all fine and respectful. it's all just one crazy person that went rogue.
This is the comment I wanted to do after i read "he's not obligated to share anything".

Sure, he's not. But why reveal and say "o i have the demo lmfao" when he doesn't want to share it in the first place?
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 19:44   #175
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
This is the comment I wanted to do after i read "he's not obligated to share anything".

Sure, he's not. But why reveal and say "o i have the demo lmfao" when he doesn't want to share it in the first place?
Then why didn't you just say so? He can share WHATEVER he likes without fans making assumptions eck. This is probably also a reason why he decided to deactivate/not follow up.

Hes still under no obligation no where in the tweet did he give any plans- he simply asked if anyone was familiar with it. Screenshot of the disk isnt nescessarily proof he planned to release it. It's not proof at all. He may have found it somewhere and decided to share a photo. Other staff from core have done this before with their finds whether they're demos or not.

Rethink whats being said - because we are saying we are respecting him, but then ending the post with a counter measure against that, because he shared a contextless photo.

If we started telling any previous core members that photo sharing is a "dick move" without further reward, then we really dont deserve it at all. Just saying

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 05-07-21 at 20:36.
Old 05-07-21, 21:16   #176
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Hes still under no obligation no where in the tweet did he give any plans- he simply asked if anyone was familiar with it. Screenshot of the disk isnt nescessarily proof he planned to release it. It's not proof at all.
Well, I didn't imply (I actually said otherwise) that he was obligated. Neither did I say he had any plans to release it. Just the fact that he teased the fans with that cd and willing to answer their desperate questions without considering sharing it (considering how "special" that build is) is a bit messy for me.

Quote:
Rethink whats being said - because we are saying we are respecting him, but then ending the post with a counter measure against that, because he shared a contextless photo.
Yes, you and other members are saying that. Another one happened to have a different opinion and I agreed with him. What's the issue here?

Quote:
If we started telling any previous core members that photo sharing is a "dick move" without further reward, then we really dont deserve it at all. Just saying
It's not all about the photo sharing, it's the attitude. While it probably wasn't intentional, it's still an attitude that can be taken a million different ways to a million different people.

I personally don't give a damn about that build nor am I even interested in playing it, as I barely have any time to do anything related to the community as I used to. I just kept up with this whole mess and wanted to give an opinion, that's all.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 22:04   #177
Guy N. Cognito
Hobbyist

While Martin is not obliged to publish it, it must be said that the indignation about the photo actually makes sense.
He probably didn't expect an uproar would break out, but the curiosity was quite high (if you go to see the original tweet, you will find many users who were enthusiastic, but with good intentions, unlike TRExpert. That's a separate case...) because after years it was thought that finally its eventual release would provide a rather clear documentation of the level, known through various photos and videos scattered on the Web.
Surely, to remain calm, we would also have been satisfied with a simple Yes or No directly from him or through others to confirm the publication.
Regarding all this, there would be many theses and antitheses to be formulated that literally put me between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited by Guy N. Cognito; 05-07-21 at 22:10.
Guy N. Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 22:15   #178
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy N. Cognito View Post
While Martin is not obliged to publish it, it must be said that the indignation about the photo actually makes sense.
He probably didn't expect an uproar would break out, but the curiosity was quite high (if you go to see the original tweet, you will find many users who were enthusiastic, but with good intentions, unlike TRExpert. That's a separate case...) because after years it was thought that finally its eventual release would provide a rather clear documentation of the level, known through various photos and videos scattered on the Web.
Surely, to remain calm, we would also have been satisfied with a simple Yes or No directly from him or through others to confirm the publication.
Regarding all this, there would be many theses and antitheses to be formulated that literally put me between a rock and a hard place.
Very well put! Good summary here. enlightened a bit actually.

Eternal hope it appears infront of us in the future - from whoever decides/or decides not to supply.
Old 06-07-21, 07:53   #179
UroshUchiha
Explorer

People keep saying that Martin was not expecting the uproar and such.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the last time (and the only time) I checked the original twitter page there were like 12 comments. Maybe it got more attention later on cause I checked it initially when it was posted.

But if 12 or so comments are considered an uproar and too much to deal with for an adult on Twitter... well...

Not even this thread here has a bunch of pages to begin with, it's like 10 pages of the one who I shall not name spamming and the rest is just the small group of same people talking.

So yeah I don't see how this caused an uproar.

As I said earlier, of course that Martin can do whatever he wants with the disc. We have no say in the matter. I personally am not gonna deify Martin for having the disc nor will I condemn him for not releasing it.
The only thing I find "meh" (for the lack of a better word) is the fact that an adult was, in a way, defeated by a single individual on the internet.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 12:17   #180
reborninshadow
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
People keep saying that Martin was not expecting the uproar and such.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the last time (and the only time) I checked the original twitter page there were like 12 comments. Maybe it got more attention later on cause I checked it initially when it was posted.

But if 12 or so comments are considered an uproar and too much to deal with for an adult on Twitter... well...

Not even this thread here has a bunch of pages to begin with, it's like 10 pages of the one who I shall not name spamming and the rest is just the small group of same people talking.

So yeah I don't see how this caused an uproar.

As I said earlier, of course that Martin can do whatever he wants with the disc. We have no say in the matter. I personally am not gonna deify Martin for having the disc nor will I condemn him for not releasing it.
The only thing I find "meh" (for the lack of a better word) is the fact that an adult was, in a way, defeated by a single individual on the internet.
TRExpert emailed or dm'd him like 50 times in a day from what I've heard and he had enough after that. People really mean it when they say he is absolutely crazy about getting this one demo.

I will also say that I don't really get why he won't share the demo (he can just share the files without giving the disc) but oh well, maybe it would have gone better without TRExpert.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote