Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-10-20, 17:35   #7201
TombRager

I began playing the first game today. Been very fun so far! Even though the game runs at like 10-16 FPS because of my machine the good side is that there is no input lag so I can play with no problems.

edit: I managed to tweak the game a bit more and it's running even better, 15 FPS now in most of the areas,now the game is very playable for me! Also, here's a picture of my character. I tried to make it look like me though it doesn't really resembles me that much... maybe it's missing the glasses.

Last edited by TombRager; 18-10-20 at 03:15. Reason: an addition
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 05:30   #7202
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRager View Post
I began playing the first game today. Been very fun so far! Even though the game runs at like 10-16 FPS because of my machine the good side is that there is no input lag so I can play with no problems.

edit: I managed to tweak the game a bit more and it's running even better, 15 FPS now in most of the areas,now the game is very playable for me! Also, here's a picture of my character. I tried to make it look like me though it doesn't really resembles me that much... maybe it's missing the glasses.
I'm glad you're enjoying it so far and that you managed to get it running fairly smoothly on your machine
Cool character design, by the way. I usually play the default (because I do like me some Mark Vanderloo on screen) - I only changed it for ME:Andromeda, as I couldn't stand the default face there.

If you should ever upgrade your hardware, I strongly suggest to play it again, with the ALOT / MEUITM mods installed. It will push the game's looks to new limits.

Last edited by ANoDE; 18-10-20 at 05:31.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 16:25   #7203
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
I'm glad you're enjoying it so far and that you managed to get it running fairly smoothly on your machine
Cool character design, by the way. I usually play the default (because I do like me some Mark Vanderloo on screen) - I only changed it for ME:Andromeda, as I couldn't stand the default face there.

If you should ever upgrade your hardware, I strongly suggest to play it again, with the ALOT / MEUITM mods installed. It will push the game's looks to new limits.
Thanks! I don't think I'll be upgrading any soon though good computers are very expensive where I live and I can't upgrade slowly either because I'm playing on a laptop, but since it's running smooth in most areas except for the outside Presidium areas where my framerate drops to maybe about 8-10 FPS but it doesn't really bothers me that much.
Old 18-10-20, 16:42   #7204
Chamayoo

I'm waiting for those bloody Legendary Remasters before playing the trilogy for the first time on my PS4.
Have fun TomRager, a great journey is awaiting you !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 18:47   #7205
ANoDE
Golden

Let's see what N7 day brings in this regard.
Old 18-10-20, 22:45   #7206
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I'm waiting for those bloody Legendary Remasters before playing the trilogy for the first time on my PS4.
Have fun TomRager, a great journey is awaiting you !
Thank you!
Old 25-10-20, 01:23   #7207
TombRager

I had a couple of funny bugs today and yesterday's playthrough, nothing major or gamebreaking but I thought to share:
Lady holding an imaginary rifle hahahaha

and Tali doing... things (don't mind the aspect ratio, that was kind of on purpose)

___

I'd like to know if anyone had some trouble navigating through the Feros ExoGeni bridge? Seriously I died a lot of times there falling off the stupid thing while driving the car probably because I'm ****ing stupid, I probably fell off the damn thing like seven times!
Old 29-10-20, 01:08   #7208
Tommy123

Quote:
Let's see what N7 day brings in this regard.
If we don’t hear anything on N7 day I doubt they will be coming. I just hope if it’s true it’s a proper remaster and not just a port
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-20, 10:08   #7209
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
If we don’t hear anything on N7 day I doubt they will be coming. I just hope if it’s true it’s a proper remaster and not just a port
Maybe they strike a deal with the creators of ALOT and MEUITM. They already remastered a great deal of textures and shaders. The first game holds up really well when these are installed.
A full remaster is still my dream, too though. Maybe not necessarily on the frostbite engine as it seems yo have developers squeal in pain - but definitely on a modern next-gen capable engine.
Old 30-10-20, 00:59   #7210
Tommy123

Quote:
Maybe they strike a deal with the creators of ALOT and MEUITM. They already remastered a great deal of textures and shaders. The first game holds up really well when these are installed.
A full remaster is still my dream, too though. Maybe not necessarily on the frostbite engine as it seems yo have developers squeal in pain - but definitely on a modern next-gen capable engine.
I wonder too if some things would be removed such as the Miranda “Butt camera angle” shots during dialogue. I feel that new players would not react to that well in this day and age.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote