Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 10-07-19, 15:50   #11
Quebsenuef

I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I started getting into Black Mirror on Netflix. I like a little mind ****ery here and there.

Season One and most of Season 2 are just bad IMO.
S3 is so far the BEST and I love it.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 15:51   #12
Mickybyrne20

True Blood season 7. Had an amazing concept to get the ball rolling, but the execution was terrible from start to finish.

One it the main characters died OFF SCREEN in the very first episode. Absolutely ridiculous.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 15:54   #13
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
True Blood season 7. Had an amazing concept to get the ball rolling, but the execution was terrible from start to finish.

One it the main characters died OFF SCREEN in the very first episode. Absolutely ridiculous.
I don't watch the show, but is it possible there was some behind the scenes issue? Like the actor refusing to return or something? Or production costs being cut so a Season 7 was possible? Or was simply out of the blue with no bts drama?
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 15:57   #14
Zebra

Cougar Town's first two seasons were genius. Everything from season 3 onwards was utterly boring and mediocre.

Fringe had a great first season, a terrible second season and then everything after that was meh.

And, of course, The Simpsons. Some fans will tell you that the last good season was the 8th or 9th but I personally think it lost its spark somewhere between season 15 and 20.

Last edited by Zebra; 10-07-19 at 16:00.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:00   #15
Reggie

Killing Eve Season 2 (recently released) wasn't a patch on season 1.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:11   #16
NoahCrofRaider

Arrow comes to mind. Season 5 and 6 were really awful, and season 4 was just the precursor to those things. Despite its obsession with drama (particularly in seasons 4-6), I still love it and (for whatever reason) I’m still sticking around.

I stopped watching Once Upon A Time sometime during season 6, but that’s another one that seemed to start running out of ideas, especially in season 4 with the Frozen stuff. S7 just seemed tacked on and random from what I saw, and it makes no sense why they kept it going then.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:27   #17
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Arrow comes to mind. Season 5 and 6 were really awful, and season 4 was just the precursor to those things. Despite its obsession with drama (particularly in seasons 4-6), I still love it and (for whatever reason) I’m still sticking around.
Oh yea, I agree. Arrow was a pain to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I stopped watching Once Upon A Time sometime during season 6, but that’s another one that seemed to start running out of ideas, especially in season 4 with the Frozen stuff. S7 just seemed tacked on and random from what I saw, and it makes no sense why they kept it going then.
I've enjoyed it all, though I agree season 4 was weaker - I guess they were trying to take advantage of what was popular at that time.

I liked Season 7 - it's main purpose was a soft-reboot to see if they were able to keep the show alive, but it didn't work. I'm glad I got at least one more Season with Lana Parrilla. She was a PERFECT Evil Queen / Regina
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:41   #18
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I've enjoyed it all, though I agree season 4 was weaker - I guess they were trying to take advantage of what was popular at that time.

I liked Season 7 - it's main purpose was a soft-reboot to see if they were able to keep the show alive, but it didn't work. I'm glad I got at least one more Season with Lana Parrilla. She was a PERFECT Evil Queen / Regina
Regina is so great, I still can’t get over her. Lana Parrilla did an awesome job, and she totally delivered when it came to a reimagining of the generic evil queen cliche.

Although tbh, most of the show’s cast did fabulous jobs for their roles, and they really made me love their characters even more.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:42   #19
Chamayoo

When I saw the title of thread I instantly thought "my god season 6 and 7 of Buffy will be quoted" and I guess I was right.
Kidding I understand the critics. I must disagree about S6 as I thought it was good but different. The depressive feeling was spot on, I enjoyed it even if it is uneasy to rewatch.
S7 was disappointed but still okay. The new slayers plotline was interesting at first but... nah it didn't work. The urgency and the very dangerous feeling of the end of the world to come was spot on. I like The First too.
I still prefer them to S1.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 10-07-19 at 16:43.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 17:07   #20
Dennis's Mom

Dexter's last season was horrendous after two declining seasons. My son said, "Stop after Season 4!" and I was like you still owe me two hours of my life back for Boondock Saints so . . . .

He was right though.
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote