Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 21-01-17, 23:29   #11
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
They both got their pros and cons... I think GoL is better in enemy variety, bonus items, outfits and the hand cannons; they kick ass in GoL but I don't like them in ToO.

ToO in my opinion does music, boss fights, big monsters and dialogue better.
This!

I can't get over how good the ToO music is, Wilbert Roget for Shadow please! The main theme is so gorgeous and like a true TR game to me.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-17, 18:49   #12
Kapu

I only played a little bit of ToO and I lost interest pretty quickly. Right from the get-go I played with two other people, though, so I should really go back and give it a try solo. Initially, it felt less...cohesive in comparison to GoL, I guess. Too much going on. BUT that could very well have been from playing with friends.

Apart from the gameplay, I have to say the soundtrack is phenomenal. I would be ecstatic if Wilbert Roget returned to score another LC (or TR!!) game. I also loved the Legend soundtrack, so I had no complaints when it was recycled for GoL.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:29   #13
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I like GoL better too. ToO is great tho
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-17, 19:43   #14
Lara's home

GoL is amazing. Too feels so soulless to me. It was okay, but I feel no need to ever touch it again.
Lara's home is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 17:53   #15
Saratova

Posted in a another thread about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratova View Post
I'd just like another GoL-like game. For me Osiris wasn't as satisfying with the changes made—items unlocked via gems exchanged for chests rather than achievements, not auto selecting previously active weapon, lack of the same arcade-like weapon feel/variety, no place to check achievement completion—and the open hub felt lonely and desolate.

Still a decent game with some nice additions in places but GoL nailed the game feel. Plus mission book chapters all the way
I've heard it's more fun with co-op but even so I didn't come away feeling I'd love to replay it as I did with GoL.
Saratova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-19, 23:54   #16
killchan

I finished Osiris in 10 hours and I found it ok, although questionable in some choices.

Done with that (there's really no point in grinding gems), I started playing this one and after ONE HOUR I'm like ... what?
Like, dude. this game crushes Osiris without question. What happened ?
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 08:23   #17
VictorXD

Meh, TOO is pretty uninspired overall. GOL had very creative puzzles and challenges, and TOO just kinda recycled the GOL mechanics and gameplay with little innovation.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 10:42   #18
XXIIXX
Inactive

I enjoyed Guardian of Light a lot more as well. It feels more inspired. The outfits are much better, the weapons are cooler and the relics and artifacts feel more fleshed out as opposed to the endless arrays of rings and amulets of Temple of Osiris...

I love the graphics in Temple of Osiris and I will never get tired of Lara in Egypt but that's all it has over Guardian of Light. Plus the 4P multiplayer over just 2P.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-19, 15:39   #19
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara's home View Post
GoL is amazing. Too feels so soulless to me. It was okay, but I feel no need to ever touch it again.
ToO never really carried the mood of TR well.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 20:32   #20
Pelagius

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
I enjoyed Guardian of Light a lot more as well. It feels more inspired. The outfits are much better, the weapons are cooler and the relics and artifacts feel more fleshed out as opposed to the endless arrays of rings and amulets of Temple of Osiris...

I love the graphics in Temple of Osiris and I will never get tired of Lara in Egypt but that's all it has over Guardian of Light. Plus the 4P multiplayer over just 2P.
I enjoyed GoL quite a bit, especially because I've always had trouble getting to grips with the control scheme in other titles. I'd still like to see a game with a primary focus on puzzle-solving and detective-work, though.
Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote