Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 31-10-19, 13:51   #131
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
Yes that's correct, but Lara still won't have any shadows on her, just on the ground, which is weird.
It's not weird. The PC version of TRA uses the same version of the engine that Legend on 6th gen consoles used while the Xbox 360 and PS3 ports of TRA use the Xbox 360 ("Next Gen") version of the Legend engine which has better lighting and real time shadows amongst other improvements.

Nice videos! I didn't even know that there's a working Xbox 360 emulator! About the difference in shadows between the PS3 and 360 versions: It might be that Xenia struggles with that. I haven't played that version in a while but when memory serves me right, the 360 version being played natively on original hardware or on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility has real time shadows on Lara. Or maybe they changed the lighting in the Croft Manor level so that Lara casts a shadow in that scene. The real time shadows in TRA are a bit weird since they're only cast by characters and movable objects, but not by the regular level geometry.

Last edited by Wooxman; 31-10-19 at 13:55.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 14:33   #132
GFY2013

Little update: latest RPCS3 update (0.0.8-9457) now supports Vblank frequency up to 1800Hz, meaning games can go now up to 900fps instead of the previous 250fps (500Hz).

In heavy areas it drops down of course, but In small areas like this, now the fps can go up til 900. rendered at 1080p.

Unfortunately Legend is still the worst to emulate. It can barely hit 60fps.
I also shared my full settings in the first post:

Quote:
My settings:
CPU
PPU & SPU: LLVM
SPU cache: Enabled
SPU loop detection: Enabled
Preferred SPU threads: 3 (I tried with all, 3 yields best FPS, at least in TRA.)
SPU block size: Safe
everything else is disabled. If you're on Ryzen and not on Windows 10 v1903, turn ON thread scheduler. If you're on Intel you can turn on TSX instructions, although I can'T test that.

GPU
VULKAN
Framelimit: OFF
Anti-Aliasing: Auto
Default Resolution: 1280x720
Resolution Scale: 300% (sometimes I use less. Depends. I tried 10K too.)
Resolution Scale Threshold: 1x1
everything else is disabled.

Advanced:
Load liblv2.sprx only
Relaxed ZCULL Sync: Enabled (I didn't find any gains nor performance penalties from this.)
Driver wake-up delay: 1 (change this if the game is unstable for you)
Vblank Frequency: 1800hz (newest RPCS3 supports upto 1800hz, before it was 500hz top)
Clocks scale: 100%. (The trilogy requires no scaling when you change max frequency. some games do.)

Debug:
Use GPU texture scaling: Enabled
Hook static functions: Enabled (I didn't find any gains nor performance penalties from this.)
Update on XENIA (Canary build): Underworld goes in-game with pretty good framerate! Freezes sometimes, sound went bye-bye after a few freezes lol

71 FPS here. Let's see if we can boot up those xbox-exclusive dlc-s
Requires --protect_zero=false (thanks to UroshUchiha on github!) (I just realized, you're on here too! So thanks )

EDIT: I cannot get the game to recognize the DLC-s. What am i missing? I copied them from my original XBOX360, extracted the files with Velocity to content/[gameid]/00000002/[dlcid]/. The game still says no DLCs have been downloaded. I also tried with [dlcid].data, wont work either.
https://i.imgur.com/1UZ4tEW.png
Ok so after reading the xenia wiki I was supposed to move it into Documents/xenia/content/..etc, but still doesn't work. I also turned on licensing in the config, still nope.

EDIT: got it working. It actually needs to stay PACKED in the Xenia folder, at least for Canary. You also need the Title Update, and put it in the 000B0000 folder.

Exciting times!

Resolution scaling breaks the game for now. (Only shiny materials can be seen)

Last edited by GFY2013; 30-01-20 at 19:57.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 06:47   #133
TR1249

The amount of progress these two make so far, got me so excited

Played through Anniversary with the PS3 Emulator and it was a good experience
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 07:47   #134
Wooxman

Quote:
Little update: latest RPCS3 update (0.0.8-9457) now supports Vblank frequency up to 1800Hz, meaning games can go now up to 900fps instead of the previous 250fps (500Hz).
Don't the physics freak out if you go over 85 FPS or does this work differently in the emulator?
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 11:00   #135
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Don't the physics freak out if you go over 85 FPS or does this work differently in the emulator?
Depends on the game really. Fortunately all 3 trilogy games are not dependent on the clocks scale, meaning only changing the frequency value is enough to "unlock" fps. On other games the game speeds up, then you have to decrease the clock to slow it down, that's when physics start to break, if I understand correctly. These games' clock always stay at their initial, 100% value. (Unless you want to try it slowed down, or run it faster.)

Last edited by GFY2013; 31-01-20 at 11:02.
Old 01-02-20, 06:28   #136
New Dwight
Inactive

do u need Intel processor for these two emulator ps3/xenia ?
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 13:37   #137
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
do u need Intel processor for these two emulator ps3/xenia ?
Not at all. I'm on Ryzen.

I can say more about RPCS3 though: it has a TSX instructions setting that is only available on Intel CPUs, but don't know if it affects performance at all. Also at least 8 threads are required to run some light games even, if you want more heavy games then 12 threads are the minimum. (You can try running them etc, but performance will be heavily limited)
I'm on 12 threads myself, I haven't had any problems, performance is great. My poor 1600X has seen some stuff in his 3 yrs.

Some interesting TRU comparisons:

original res pic (+1 one more comparison)

Can you guys guess which is Xenia (DX12), which is RPCS3 (Vulkan)? Both were rendered at their original 720p resolution.
RPCS3 on the left, Xenia on the right

Last edited by GFY2013; 01-02-20 at 13:41.
Old 01-02-20, 15:32   #138
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Requires --protect_zero=false (thanks to UroshUchiha on github!) (I just realized, you're on here too! So thanks )
Yeah I played around with it a while back actually. The progress was slow at the time so I decided to check only once every few months instead. I haven't tried Xenia in a while so this update you made got me really excited again. I'll have to find a bit of time today or tomorrow to do my tests again and update my personal guide on how to setup Xenia for TR and such

Thanks for the mention and for this update
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 17:59   #139
Maverin

Wait so it's possible to play the DLC's on PC now emulating through Xenia?
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 18:09   #140
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Yeah I played around with it a while back actually. The progress was slow at the time so I decided to check only once every few months instead. I haven't tried Xenia in a while so this update you made got me really excited again. I'll have to find a bit of time today or tomorrow to do my tests again and update my personal guide on how to setup Xenia for TR and such

Thanks for the mention and for this update
Can't wait to see your results as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Wait so it's possible to play the DLC's on PC now emulating through Xenia?
It is possible, but Xenia is still WIP and TRU is pretty unstable for now. Looking at how far the emulators have come, I'd say in a year it will be much better! For now it can't be used to just plug and play. (crashes, stops frequently, res scaling is broken, etc)

EDIT: some more gameplay:

Last edited by GFY2013; 01-02-20 at 21:03.