www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 27-09-20, 21:57   #3351
Die Basis
Student

Hi what is this new "movement timer" in Cameras setting for?

It's greyed out in my case, no matter what I do.

Thanks
Old 27-09-20, 22:17   #3352
Lwmte
Archaeologist

It's an option exclusively available in TR1 and, with limited use, in TR2. It allows to slowly move camera away from player's position to camera's own position in a similar fashion to flybys in TR4.

Since TR3, this option was removed from the engine. That's why it is grayed out. Generally, if you see ANY option grayed out in TE, it means it is not compatible with currently selected game engine.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-20, 22:50   #3353
Topixtor
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
It's an option exclusively available in TR1 and, with limited use, in TR2. It allows to slowly move camera away from player's position to camera's own position in a similar fashion to flybys in TR4.

Since TR3, this option was removed from the engine. That's why it is grayed out. Generally, if you see ANY option grayed out in TE, it means it is not compatible with currently selected game engine.
Can I ask exactly how it is limited in TR2? I mean, from my bulding experience, it seemed to function pretty randomly so I really don't know if it was Dxtre3d's fault or an incorrect application of the setup from my end
Topixtor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-20, 23:29   #3354
Lwmte
Archaeologist

In TR1, move timer accepted any values from 0 to 31, and this value specified the time of camera movement in seconds (the larger value is, the slower camera will move).

In TR2, they seemingly removed actual value and made it into a flag, so only value of 1 makes sense, everything above doesn't affect the speed which is now hardcoded.

Dxtre3d seemingly has a hardcoded value to put into MoveTimer variable when you set "Zoom effect" to 1, so possibly in case of TR2 it puts incorrect value which doesn't work as it should.
Old 28-09-20, 19:53   #3355
HaniHeger
Student

How do I make that when Lara triggers something (with a switch) she can antitrigger it with the same switch? I've been trying by playing a song and then stopping the song, but it doesn't stop when Lara uses the switch for the second time, I used Trigger - Switch > Trigger - Play Audio > Antitrigger - Play Audio
Old 28-09-20, 20:08   #3356
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Antitriggers work only for objects. Nothing else can be antitriggered. If you want to stop playing soundtrack, you have to use some TRNG flipeffects, if there are any for this purpose.
Old 29-09-20, 09:42   #3357
Die Basis
Student

Thanks for the explanation about movement timer.

There is another thing I'm trying to figure out for quite a while.

Unter Items>

you can found

Split sector based object on selection

I changed the engine to see if it has something to do with Tr1-Tr3 levels, but it's still not available even if I select an object.

So please how to use it?
Old 29-09-20, 14:01   #3358
Lwmte
Archaeologist

This option can split triggers or portals based on your current selection. First, select portal or trigger in 2D grid by clicking it with RMB. Then, select arbitrary area which overlaps selected trigger/portal. Then apply this option, and selected trigger/portal will be split either in 2 or 3 parts, depending on how exactly selection overlaps trigger/portal.
Old 30-09-20, 07:37   #3359
Die Basis
Student

Thanks, I would never have figured that out by myself.

Will keep your explanation in mind when I mention it on our German Tutorial site.
Old 30-09-20, 11:30   #3360
angeljs
Student

Since the last update, when I import a level into TombIdE and launch the level in Tomb Editor, I can't access the objects settings inside the level settings as I can't get past this popup:

angeljs is offline   Reply With Quote