www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 12-01-21, 01:09   #541
Tsarina
Explorer

Not sure if anyone has heard about this yet or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZTB7ZpPpw
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 08:14   #542
killchan
Archaeologist

tl;dr:

In Poland, CDPR is being investigated because of their "the game runs surprisingly well on current gen consoles!" claim , which was objectively false.

This of course has nothing to do with the content side of things of the marketing campaign.

There, saved you 15 minutes .
I hate youtubers.

Last edited by killchan; 12-01-21 at 08:15.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 21:47   #543
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Finally had a chance to finish the game with the "Don't Fear the Reaper" ending.

For those who are curious as to how you can get this hidden ending:

You need to have at least a 70% Compatibility rating with Johnny before going to meet Hanako at Embers. How can you track your Compatibility rating with Johnny? Well, when you go into your Map Screen and look at the three large tabs above the options Menu. The one with the Samurai Logo is the one that shows you the Johnny Compatibility:

https://i.postimg.cc/137s6J4B/Cybpu.jpg

To get to 70% Compatibility with Johnny, you need to select the right Dialogue options when talking with him as well as do Gigs and side quests that give you all of his Armor pieces as well as his gun and his car. You also need to get the Samurai Band together. I had a blast doing all of them:

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ34Vbtt/Cybpu5.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/1XSQPdYm/Cybpu2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/fTBNnB7s/Cybpu6.jpg

Once you have done all of that and talked with Hanako, you get the infamous screen where you are talking with Johnny and you mull over whose side you are going to pick. Don't pick any options and wait for about 5 mins. or so. Johnny will then give you another option where you do it alone.

With this ending, you are all on your own and you only get ONE shot to clear Arasaka Tower and face off against Adam Smasher. No checkpoints, no nothing and your heath is slowly draining as well. Yep you need to go full on Doom Slayer mode with his mission . So craft the best offensive options you have and get the best gear ready.

I created two armor sets just for this mission. My usual universal Soldier set and the alternative Red Devil set:

If you look at the stats, my Universal Soldier armor is more of a tank but with the Red Devil set, I have the Bully Mod equipped with gives me more Crit options.

Not going to spoil the ending for you but its going to be a bitter sweet end. I am going to replay the saved game again to see the Nomad ending.

I also finished the Beast Within side quest had a chance to get both the Beast from Clair and Sampson's Quadra Chutullu:

Its my favourite car .

So, what has been my overall impression of the game? I enjoyed it a lot. Its been a while since I have played a game that hooked me in not only because of the story but because of its engaging gameplay. The world that CD Projekt has created is an engaging one. They weren't kidding when they said that it feels like a living breathing entity on its own. I mean, just look at it:

I have to say, the soundtrack has been absolutely phenomenal. Nothing gets me pumped up more that attacking Arasaka Towers with Johnny's Theme blaring on :

A huge shoutout to the band Refused and the songs they did for Samurai in the Game. I am planning on getting a few of them on Spotify:

The bugs have been an issue, no denying that but overall, it didn't hamper my enjoyment of the game. This game gave more in content story and game play than many of the current ones in the Market and best of all, none of them were paid downloads.

Looking forward to any expansions in the future.

Last edited by Catapharact; 13-01-21 at 05:35.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 23:21   #544
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
tl;dr:

In Poland, CDPR is being investigated because of their "the game runs surprisingly well on current gen consoles!" claim , which was objectively false.

This of course has nothing to do with the content side of things of the marketing campaign.

There, saved you 15 minutes .
I hate youtubers.
Thank you.
Dream on, V, dream on.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-21, 15:27   #545
Vinkula
Legend

Thanks for the warning, Catapharact, gotta start soon hoarding good gear etc. as I am nearing to jump into the final mission.

Soon time to get 'em, V.
Old 13-01-21, 21:07   #546
rewak
Professor

rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 01:04   #547
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
Thanks for the warning, Catapharact, gotta start soon hoarding good gear etc. as I am nearing to jump into the final mission.

Soon time to get 'em, V.
Its best to start thinking about a good build to go with early on the game and go with the right options on the individual tech trees. If you are mostly using Tech weapons for instance then look towards boosting them in Engineering.

However, always invest a good number of points in the Body, Tech and Intelligence. You will need at least an overall level of 30 with good number of points invested in all three of them to win the "Don't Fear the Reaper" Mission. I maxed out both my Street Credit and My Level at 50 before progressing far in the main missions. This gave me a lot of good options to choose and focus some of them towards the weapons I use.

Keep in mind that this is only if you are going for the "Don't Fear the Reaper" Secret Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
O3V4UBZmC9o
He pretty much confirmed what most of us already knew all along and I am pretty sure he couldn't outright say what we all wanted him to say given that he would be sued for misleading everyone if he did. I am just disappointed with the Management at CD Projekt Red. The game itself is solid but it could have been so SO much more.

Still looking forward to future content.

Last edited by Catapharact; 14-01-21 at 01:38.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 08:36   #548
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
At the same time,
we were fighting for quality on old-gen consoles till the very last moment,
and every extra day of us working on the day zero update
brought visible improvement.
This is why we started sending console review keys on the 8th of December,
which was later than we originally planned.
This all happened while working from home,
with all the challenges resulting from the COVID-related restrictions.
A lot of the dynamics we normally take for granted
got lost over video calls or email.
And we took that hit, too.
These visible improvements?

----------

So, I just came across this mission with this stuck-up netrunner girl who shoots you in the face just for using PING on her apartment. At first I thought she was the girl you rescue during one of many rescue missions later on in the game... but no apparently she's the naked girl from the prologue...?

Like...

First of all, why isn't that skintone in the character creation
Second, the model they used for the prologue (and the gameplay reveal wink wink ) looks 2 generations ahead of the one from the side quest

Last edited by killchan; 14-01-21 at 11:55.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 18:28   #549
Tsarina
Explorer

Lawd!!!!! So, I downloaded the Araska Appearance Mod and lost all of my saves. I started up the game on Steam and when I went in everything was gone (luckily I had just restarted a playthrough but my boyfriend had a save on there oops)

Definitely not trying that Mod again. Sigh.

But THEN, I uninstalled Steam and Reinstalled it and all the game we had installed are uninstalled. Like WTF.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 18:31   #550
Yuki Senoue
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Lawd!!!!! So, I downloaded the Araska Appearance Mod and lost all of my saves. I started up the game on Steam and when I went in everything was gone (luckily I had just restarted a playthrough but my boyfriend had a save on there oops)

Definitely not trying that Mod again. Sigh.

But THEN, I uninstalled Steam and Reinstalled it and all the game we had installed are uninstalled. Like WTF.
Are the Steam library folder installed in another partition or disk? I always need to point my library to D:\Steam when I reinstall Steam, as I don't use my C;\ for games.