Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-10-20, 19:55   #41
LoreRaider

Not sure about the sky color on the last screen, it's violet but I think it should be blue-ish to match the rest of the lighting, as an alternative you can give the floor some violet instead

Looking really good so far, interested to see how this goes
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 20:55   #42
not again!

^^ aw, I was just about to say that I love the purple sky.
I mean yes, it's not realistic, but the blue & purple is such a pretty and atmospheric color scheme. For me it's aesthetic > realism, but that's probably a minority opinion.

Love the rest of the screenshots as well, beautiful work, Feder!
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 22:19   #43
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
or me it's aesthetic > realism, but that's probably a minority opinion.
Well for what's worth, me too. But the problem wouldn't be that a purple sky isn't possible in the real world, which actually kind of is

But that the purple sky with the blue textures wouldn't work under the laws of light so that's why or the sky should turn blue, or the textures (the floor mostly, as said by LoreRaider. ((And any other parts that are directly reflecting the sky like the roofs))) should at least receive a touch of purply purple!

Last edited by HaniHeger; 21-10-20 at 22:24.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 23:32   #44
not again!

^^ Yes, what I meant was that while adjusting the landscape below to a more purplish color, or other make the sky more blueish, would be more realistic (light source and the light cast from it usually have the same color), it is the color scheme, the combination of that particular blue and that purple that works really well aesthetically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
((And any other parts that are directly reflecting the sky like the roofs))) should at least receive a touch of purply purple!
Agreed, a few subtle purple highlights on the roofs to reflect the sky could tie everything together (while still preserving that lovely color-scheme).
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-20, 20:15   #45
Feder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
Not sure about the sky color on the last screen, it's violet but I think it should be blue-ish to match the rest of the lighting, as an alternative you can give the floor some violet instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
^^ aw, I was just about to say that I love the purple sky. I mean yes, it's not realistic, but the blue & purple is such a pretty and atmospheric color scheme. For me it's aesthetic > realism, but that's probably a minority opinion.
I have that same dilemma with the sky I like it purple and the contrast that it gives to the other colors, but it is a little unrealistic. I tryed to place some purple lights on roofs to see if that improoves the atmosphere, but at least for me, it doesn't look too appealing:

I'm considering the alternative, increase the blue on the sky a little bit at least. The purple sky would remain present in Level 1 anyway
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-20, 21:23   #46
LoreRaider

Remember you have 2 Layer script commands, so you can set a different speed of the second sky layer and set it also with a different color

I like the top parts with the violet!
Old 23-10-20, 21:26   #47
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
[img]https://i.imgur.com/GIo9xYa.png[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mvqOKjA.png[img]

To be honest I didn't like this outcome, it wrecked the- what do you call it? Monochromatic or rather analogous color scheme of the purple and blue. Seems like they worked better separated.. Now it's kinda... too purple, and if you change the sky to blue it would be too blue!

It's your level so you do what you think is best, I mean if you liked this better than before then you liked it, but if we share the same opinion them you should probably experiment some more, try a different color/intensity/technique.
But if even after experimenting, you discover that it really was better before without the purple, then if it was me then I would think "well I tried it, didn't work out" Even if changing back to before wouldn't be as realistic I guess.... I would do it since, as I see it, it's much more aesthetic and pretty!

Last edited by AkyV; 23-10-20 at 21:45.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 21:52   #48
Feder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
To be honest I didn't like this outcome, it wrecked the- what do you call it? Monochromatic or rather analogous color scheme of the purple and blue. Seems like they worked better separated.. Now it's kinda... too purple, and if you change the sky to blue it would be too blue!

It's your level so you do what you think is best, I mean if you liked this better than before then you liked it, but if we share the same opinion them you should probably experiment some more, try a different color/intensity/technique.
But if even after experimenting, you discover that it really was better before without the purple, then if it was me then I would think "well I tried it, didn't work out" Even if changing back to before wouldn't be as realistic I guess.... I would do it since, as I see it, it's much more aesthetic and pretty!
I feel the same way, I guess aesthetic beats realism I tryed adding some blue to the sky color, but the result changes the "creepy night" atmosphere too much. Clearly the best combination was the first one, but I had to try a few alternatives before being convinced.

On other subject, I'm experimenting a problem with one shot triggers

On a single square trigger, everything is alrght. But when I place the trigger in more than one square, and I click the "one shot" option, the trigger repeats itself one time on each square. It happens particulary with soundtrack triggers, the music plays one time in every square of the trigger, instead of only once for all of them.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 22:01   #49
LoreRaider

Sadly TRNG Action and Flipeffect triggers don't work with one shot
The easiest way would be to use a classic rollingball trigger and setting the rollingball with OCB 1
Using that OCB code will turn the rollingball silent, so it will remove both the sound and shaking effect
Old 25-10-20, 22:24   #50
AkyV

In fact, it seems to me that One Shot bug for TRNG triggers is true only for Actions, and probably only from TRNG 1.3. And that is another thing that One Shot initially works a bit differently for TRNG triggers than for classic object triggers.
However, you can still use TriggerGroups and SINGLE_SHOT Script flags.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=206750
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote