www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 25-06-06, 21:47   #11
Baslakor
Explorer

I'm a little surprised that this suggestion comes from the Netherlands rather than from the US, but alright...a deal's a deal, just don't complain afterwards.

Huh... That comment I don't understand?

Very cool pictures Greenkey. They are indeed a great sourge for inspiration
Next time i find something interesting I will immediently post it!

Last edited by Baslakor; 25-06-06 at 21:51.
Baslakor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-06, 22:45   #12
Mulf
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor
Huh... That comment I don't understand?
Oh well, if you did, you wouldn't have posted in the first place. But nevermind.
Mulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-06, 16:47   #13
Fluen
Explorer

I dreamed up some ideas of Lara's women ancesters. Who says Lara is the first adventourus woman in the Croft-line?

I imagined a woman version of The Red Pimpernelle - someone freeing the aristocrats from the guillotine, when France was a republic. Mayby searching for a certain person among those aristocrats?

Also the world wars gave me a couple of ideas:
The front-lines of World War I: a hell of mud and bombs and soldiers all killing each other. What if a woman had to transport a secret item across such a zone?
World War II:
Freeing a allied general from a Nazi castle?
Or finding the hidden plans of a great offensive hidden by the above general before his capture or steal the Nazi war plans in that castle.
Or save something out of France by the help of the French resistance?
Fluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-06, 19:23   #14
Pacman1330
Student

Inspiration words: Japan,Yeti,tibet,greece,traininig-home,golf cart ,carnival,western,stable,insane boss:
Pacman1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-06, 19:32   #15
laras_2006
Explorer

Default Four Words (ish)

The bigger, the better. I mean, if you get the story sounding like it should be a movie then you have somethink that will get people playing it. all you need now is enough action to keep the player into the game and some drama to keep the player wanting to see the out come of the story and a little polish of grand scenes to give it that 10/10. With all this you can't go worng.
Old 26-06-06, 20:51   #16
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Talking

I've had an idea for a long time but I can't explain it, I'd raise my postcount to about 100,000 if I told you! And that's called spam!
Old 26-06-06, 23:51   #17
GodOfLight

Quote:
The third Reich and Hitler would also be a very cool thema. Nazi's and zombies are such a lovely combination.
what exactly do nazis and zombies have in common?

Last edited by GodOfLight; 27-06-06 at 00:37.
GodOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-06, 00:06   #18
Baslakor
Explorer

Never played 'Return to castle Wolfenstein' (RTCW)? (play it: such a good game!)

In RTCW they (accidently) summoned some undead while unearthing some magical items. They also had some cyborg mutant zombielike monsters. Because of this game Nazi's and Zombies are a well know combination.

In real-life Nazi-Germany did many researches into the occult (and genetic-manipulation). A good example is the famous spear of Destiny (almost all great European powers (Rome, Napoleon) had this spear in hands. Rumor sais it is now in hands of the VS).

The Spear of Destiny is a GREAT story to use in your levels. Unfortunalty it has already been used in Chronicles, where it lies hidden undersea in a Russian submarine.
Baslakor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-06, 00:18   #19
GodOfLight

Quote:
Never played 'Return to castle Wolfenstein' (RTCW)? (play it: such a good game!)

In RTCW they (accidently) summoned some undead while unearthing some magical items. They also had some cyborg mutant zombielike monsters. Because of this game Nazi's and Zombies are a well know combination.
no i havent and i dont think i will. i'm not a fan of the classic "lets all kill nazi's and zombies in video-games cause they are both braindead feelingless creatures" style, since i think it is far to stereotypical these days

Quote:
In real-life Nazi-Germany did many researches into the occult (and genetic-manipulation). A good example is the famous spear of Destiny (almost all great European powers (Rome, Napoleon) had this spear in hands. Rumor sais it is now in hands of the VS).
ah yes, well genetic-manipulation and occultism (both very intersting and worthwhile subjects) are both very different from the common understanding of zombieism. occult symbolism on the other hand used in the architecture of levels and textures and objects is sadly something very underused these days, but the more people who do take the time to delve into some of these artistic and historic directions the better

Quote:
The Spear of Destiny is a GREAT story to use in your levels. Unfortunalty it has already been used in Chronicles, where it lies hidden undersea in a Russian submarine.
yes, well the spear of destiny story was continued by tomo in his "last saga 4", and he did a great job at doing so i dont see why no one else tries to do the same. the ideas are infinite. also, on the subject of nazis, they looked for quite a number of other artifacts... the ark of the covenant for example. i always wondered why no one has ever tried to tell us a story of how the ark ended up in lara's mansion in tomb raider 1....

Last edited by GodOfLight; 27-06-06 at 00:39.
GodOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-06, 08:03   #20
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover
I've had an idea for a long time but I can't explain it, I'd raise my postcount to about 100,000 if I told you! And that's called spam!
Ok I can't hold it now!!!! A little "preview" although I don't think it'll ever be published! Here's the story: 5 ancient gods awaken a power in the Indiriko Artifact, when they did this, they split the artifact in thousands of pieces. The gods died right after they split it, because it destroyed all the life on earth! Lara Croft read this myth while reading a really thick book. The book hints that the first piece will be in the South Pacific! And so begins Lara's epic adventure! Features: over 30 vehicles! Over 50 guns and most fun of all: Lara will be visiting every single country in the world, including Space!!! Lara also gets two playable partners along the way! (No romantic interaction though) Their names are Matt and Zarah! And 5 Introduction levels with young Lara, where she learns some completely new moves, as well as some old ones! Join Lara in this adventure!!! Relase date: The end of the world!!

Last edited by tomblover; 27-06-06 at 08:05.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote