Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 07-12-20, 02:40   #1
MrSeanCroft

Default WadTool

I seem to be having issues when creating my own wad

I choose whatever wads I like from various source wad files and create my own. I build my level with the wads but it never seems to work.

I change the wads to the original source and level plays - i just dont get the wads I want.

Is it not as simple as what I'm doing? I notice that the wad file is a wad2 file while the originals are just wad.
MrSeanCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 06:55   #2
HaniHeger

It's likely that in this wad2 not all essential files are in there, it has happened to me too, so to make it simpler what I do is load tut1's wad from the original trle files, and overlap it with my wad2 with all the extra files that I want.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 13:14   #3
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSeanCroft View Post
I seem to be having issues when creating my own wad

I choose whatever wads I like from various source wad files and create my own. I build my level with the wads but it never seems to work.

I change the wads to the original source and level plays - i just dont get the wads I want.

Is it not as simple as what I'm doing? I notice that the wad file is a wad2 file while the originals are just wad.
Check if the game version or the wad is the one you want, also TombEditor need the right game version too: "Tools->Level Settings: Game Version",
You need Lara, LaraSkin, LaraSkinJoint, Hair, Default Sprites (and maybe Target Graphics, Binoculars Graphics) at last for the game to work
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 13:53   #4
MrSeanCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
It's likely that in this wad2 not all essential files are in there, it has happened to me too, so to make it simpler what I do is load tut1's wad from the original trle files, and overlap it with my wad2 with all the extra files that I want.
This is probably it! You are my saviour - will try it this way today and let you know!
MrSeanCroft is offline   Reply With Quote