Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 24-09-22, 07:55   #101
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
TR3, as beautiful as it is on the PS1, stutters and lags a lot even in Lara's Home. Have you noticed any significant slowdowns while porting TLA?

I wonder if your optimisations, once you're done, could be back-ported to TR3.
Well, yes, they could, but there'd be no reason to do so. You see, the modifications I'm making are all currently aimed at reducing RAM usage. They don't improve rendering speed or anything like that. They just make the game take up less space in RAM. For TR3, there's no need to do this, as all levels already fit in the PS1's RAM.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 12:47   #102
francis zurch

Oh man... how cool it would be if b122251 managed to patch the ported levels from UB and GM into the level list in the original PS1 Tomb Raider BIN! I'm NOT suggesting distributing copies of the PS1 BIN (depending on what the rules of the forum are *wink*). I just think it would be neat if b122251s amazing ports were accessible from the main game.
francis zurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 21:25   #103
DieSkaarj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
TR3, as beautiful as it is on the PS1, stutters and lags a lot even in Lara's Home. Have you noticed any significant slowdowns while porting TLA?

I wonder if your optimisations, once you're done, could be back-ported to TR3.
Now I haven't tried this on real hardware, or even through Emulation, but those issues can most likely be remedied by overclocking.

I was wondering, b122251. Did you come across anything that could lead to a proper widescreen patch when you decompiled TRII?
DieSkaarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-22, 09:51   #104
jonson

Maybe another short question and idea:
Is it still the level Sleeping with the Fishes wich causes the most headache?

In this case, would it make sense to maybe split this level into two or three smaller levels? (And would this be a way to optimize ram usage at all?)

If I remember correctly this level consists of three independent sections seperated by underwater sinks. It is not possible (as far as I know) to return to some previous sections, once the player has reached a certain progression on the level.
jonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-22, 15:31   #105
Mokono

This isn't a bad idea actually, jonson! TRMOD can add and remove rooms, so you could, in theory, split parts of the level and reassign the flags for finishing the level and Lara's starting position accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSkaarj View Post
Now I haven't tried this on real hardware, or even through Emulation, but those issues can most likely be remedied by overclocking.
While it certainly could help, i'm not too eager about overstressing 25yo silicon. Besides, TR3 can run natively not just on PS1, but PSP, PSVita, PS2 (pre-SCPH-750xx) and PS3 (pre-CECHBxx). Therefore, you'd have to mod three home consoles and two handhelds if you wanted to the game to run fast in all of them (if you're a purist or a collector at least).

Maybe once the long awaited TR3 decompilation project starts, we'll be able to make the right optimisations to make the game run flawlessly on all platforms (yes, i know both Arsunt and TokyoSU started to work on their own, but the former is on hold, while the latter was apparently srapped).
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 06:03   #106
Medo

♡~Dear b122251~♡

We all know that you work hard for this project and we appreciate it very much.
Thanks from all the heart ♡.
I would very much like to ask you this request.
We all know that you have converted Tomb Raider Unfinished Bussnies and Tomb Raider The Golden Mask to the PS1.
My request is that i really want to play these two games on the jailbroken PS3 Hard Drive and add them to my game library, but i am sure you know that this requires a patch to run them like the patch are done for Tomb Raider 1 And Tomb Raider 2 in psx-place.com due to the (CDDA) issue and these two games have the same (CDDA) issue in ps3 due the ps1 emulator on it, i know that Tomb Raider The lost Artifact when it done by you wont have this issue exactly like Tomb Raider 3 and it will be fully playable in ps3 for that i sincerely ask you if you can solve this problem and make a patch for each of these two games and attach it to your website not only for me but for every Tomb Raider fan wants to play them on ps3 too, but if you don't have the time for this please assign or tell someone you trust and know and have the experience for this request.
Also if you can make a new patch for Tomb Raider 2, because the patch on psx-place.com suffers from an (Audio Desync) issue.

I am a big fan of you and youre greatest job b122251 you are the best ♡
Please don't leave me disappointed
You are the only one who can saved two of my favorite games in ps3 system.

I am waiting for your reply.

Last edited by Medo; 07-11-22 at 15:40.
Medo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 04:22   #107
mizuno_suisei

I have never owned a PS3 so what I suggest may be redundant however -when it comes to CDDA images having difficulty on emulators, I've solved this by using CDDA enabled popstation to convert them to an eboot.php file. I'm assuming that within the ps3, is a *ps1 emu* so it may work for you
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 14:40   #108
Medo

i think the way you are talking about is for the psp, i dont think that ps1 emu in ps3 can read eboot.php format because i know that to play ps1 games on ps3 Hard Drive and reading them correctly they must to be just two files inside ps1 game folder for example (Tomb Raider.BIN) file and (Tomb Raider.CUE) file and the format must be only (.BIN) and (.CUE) all we need is just patch the (.BIN) file like it did to patch Tomb Raider 1 and Tomb raider 2 the patch are made by someone his name is (krHACKen) the informations is in (psx-place.com) please visit it to know what i mean, the problem is the person who did the two patches for TR1 and TR2 doesn't answer the people that ask him in comments to make a patch for (TR Unfinished Bussnies) and (TR The Golden Mask) he is not responding at all.

And also Tomb Raider 2 is still suffering from an (Audio Desync) issue and need a better and new patch by new someone like b122251, The audio goes out of sync during the cutscenes, They do start sync'ed but after a few seconds the animation seems to have been slowed down.

thats why we need b122251 so much to do it.
he is the only one who can fix this problems i know all of that is easy for him to do because he is very genius.
i dont know if he reading all my posts but if anyone know him please make my messeges reach to him.

i will still waiting his Reply.
Medo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 01:17   #109
DigitallyRe

I am hoping and praying this is coming along for you! I would love to be able to complete the trilogy of expansions on the PS! Really amazing work you do, i'm so appreciative! FINGERS CROSSED!
DigitallyRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-22, 03:04   #110
NicNamSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis zurch View Post
Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business
https://www.mediafire.com/view/jdiav...cover.png/file

Tomb Raider II - Golden Mask
https://www.mediafire.com/view/c3f06...cover.png/file

Tomb Raider III - The Lost Artifact
https://www.mediafire.com/view/y2cht...cover.png/file

Tomb Raider Gold Collectors Edition
https://www.mediafire.com/view/uk7cn...cover.png/file
Cheers!
Ha, it's funny coming across this thread and seeing these, since it looks like you chose my streamgriddb backgrounds and logos that I made for each game in your PS1 jewel case edits . I've been thinking about revisiting and improving them, I just threw them together for myself, really, and uploaded when there were few alternatives. I remember the exact location in-game that I used for the background of Unfinished Business. But I think TR:UB and TR2:GM have some better renders on steamgriddb now, though they both just say "Gold" instead of the name of the expansion, which I don't prefer.

Anyway, I still have the original photoshop file if anyone wants any tweaks.
NicNamSam is offline   Reply With Quote